“Beautiful Property, World-Class Service, and Your...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Thomas K
New York, New York, United States
“Beautiful Property, World-Class Service, and Your Own Personal Chef”
Reviewed 23 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I'd imagine that there are not a lot of places on the earth like Soleil D'Or. Where else can one find the perfect combination of a beautiful beach-side private cottage or villa, service far beyond any five star hotel, a private chef who provides delicious meals based on personal requests, and an incredible list of activities available at the drop of a hat every morning?

From the minute that we were picked up from the airport by Alexandra to when we were dropped off five days later, we treasured our time on Cayman Brac. We explored beautiful, extreme caves with local legend TJ. We went diving in crystal clear waters with the Reef Divers. We sat down to two personally catered meals every day prepared by the kitchen wizard, Joe. We relaxed at our own private beach on our own private hammocks. We swam in our private pool and explored the island on private bikes. All throughout we had direct access to a caring, friendly, and highly capable staff.

How great was the service? I'll share this evidence: during the trip I proposed to my girlfriend. By the next day, we had a bottle of Veuve Clicquot delivered to our room along with a beautiful chocolate cake from Joe. Emily, who has worked as a professional photographer and is now on staff here, then showed up to take incredible engagement photos.

From what I can tell, this place is only going to get better. They've built a massive farm and are currently working on a beach house and boutique hotel that are going to be incredible. I cannot wait to see all the progress they make in the upcoming year.

I could go on. Long story short, if you're thinking about staying here, stay here. If you're not, you should be.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Patrick G
Miami, Florida
“Dream Vacation”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I stayed at the villa at Le Soleil D'or from June 12 to June 16, and it was a truly once in a lifetime experience for me and my family. It VERY COMFORTABLY slept all 8 people that were staying met with first-class room service and just an absolutely beautiful 2 story retreat. The children loved the private pool and everyone loved the beautiful view of the ocean on the beach front. It felt like we were in PARADISE! The rock diving adventure was breathtaking! The farm-to-table garden tour was absolutely amazing! If you didn't have a reason to come to the Cayman Brac before, you do now!

Travelling group: Large Group
CaribTrav...
New York City, New York
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

My family and I go to different Islands every year, and I was about to book our next holiday, I came across Golden Sun again on TripAdvisor. It has been over 6 months since we were at Cayman Brac but we still talk about how great time we had at Golden Sun/Le Soleil d’Or. I am not just saying this but it was literally the best vacation I have ever been on. Everything was perfect; it was evident that the owners thought about every single detail prior to us arriving until the day we departed.

There was something for everyone in our group to enjoy; the kids were entertained the entire time with the karaoke machine, toys, and updated electronics to play with. The friendly staff also brought sweet treats and surprises for the kids some mornings. We weren’t bored for a minute either (unless we were purposefully relaxing J ) as we went snorkeling most afternoons and bike riding most mornings. The island itself is a natural paradise, if you are into hiking, snorkeling or diving I cannot think of a better destination than Cayman Brac.

Words cannot describe how heavenly, fresh, and delicious the homemade meals were, and the variety was incredible. In one week we tasted dishes from Italian, Eastern European, Moroccan and Thai dishes. Hands down Joe was one of the most talented chefs I have ever met. Each day our kitchen was stocked with homemade cheeses and breads, fresh from the garden tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants, mangos, papayas, peppers and many more fruits and vegetables. And how could I forget the fresh eggs daily? – Breakfast had never tasted so good.

Writing this review makes me realize how much I miss Le Soleil d’Or on Cayman Brac. No more looking for an another Island-- I just booked an another trip to Golden Sun for this summer!

Liked best: Privacy, Food
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Marija A
“The absolute best family vacation ever!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 for a stay in April 2013

The absolute best family vacation ever! We make it a point to go away as a family often and being a mother of four children (all under 7yrs old) it doesn’t always feel like vacation. My dreams were answered for our 8 day stay at this pristine, private, oceanfront villa! The Golden Sun team really understands the needs of the modern day family. They took care of us straight from the moment we landed. Large enough van to accommodate my entire family and luggage. The Villa was super clean, warm inviting furniture, open layout (to see every one of my tots) and no matter where I was in the villa- the view was breathtaking. Getting connected to the internet was easier than connecting at home, there was a huge library of movies, quality toys for the kids, water balloons, bubbles, pool toys, a mini hoop, and a ride on car… my kids felt like it was Christmas! The private beach was long enough to run relay races and build sand castles. AND when the kids were napping, which they all did, my hubby and I sipped iced tea under the gazebo as the ocean wind revitalized us. The Island was also an oasis for learning. My kids loved the Golden Sun Farm and Orchard tour, we all learned something new. And the Golden Sun team found age appropriate activities for the children, even Cayman Booby Birds nesting on the top of the Bluff, which we saw close up. Not a week goes by that one of the kids don’t ask when we are going back. I am already coordinating dates for next year!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property was more beautiful than the pictures and service was unparalleled.
Liked least: That we had to go home!
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Michelle...
New York City, New York
“Amazing vacation in a beautiful villa”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 for a stay in October 2013

My family and I had the best time at the villa! We decided to rent a vacation home to celebrate my parents’ 40th wedding anniversary! All 10 of us had plenty of room in the villa; it was extremely spacious, well decorated, and super-clean. There wasn’t anything in the villa that we were missing: we had Wi-Fi inside and outside, all modern appliances, PlayStation consoles, and board games! We spent quality family time by the pool and walking our stretch of beach. The weather was perfect, very low humidity, and it did not rain at all while we were there! My parents really enjoyed their special anniversary dinner that the chef cooked my parents’ favorite dinner: Lamb Chops with mint jelly. The Le Soleil d’Or went above and beyond to make our event memorable; they even remembered the actual date of the anniversary and left my parents a card. This vacation will go down as one of the best!

Travelling group: Extended Family
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing