All reviews overlooking the beach ty newydd sea view three nights great food love room wet room lobster bar restaurant welsh speakers lovely room evening meal few drinks potatoes welsh breakfast stunning location llyn peninsula
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Warm welcome by staff. Stunning location with seating outside over looking the sea/coastal views. Wide range of drinks available. Didn’t eat at this hostelry so cannot comment.
Only one little issue - metal chairs outside on patio/sea view area - stone flooring - need rubbers on end of legs of chairs as so noisy with people dragging chairs constantly.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is great! It’s clean, fresh, friendly and a fabulous location! Great value for money and the beach makes it a dream! The staff are great and the restaurant delivers on good, honest food. Aberdaron is quite special as it manages to avoid the chaos of Abersoch but with all the charm. If you want the shops then Abersoch is 2 miles away. This is a little piece of heaven with a fantastic coastal walk.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2018

A friend and I stayed at Gwesty Ty Newydd for two nights in May 2018, while walking the Wales Coast Path. We liked the hotel a lot. The bedrooms had been improved to a very high standard, good bathroom, no alarm in the bathroom though. We arrived at 9pm, after the first of three 15-mile walks. The restaurant had closed at 8pm. The staff were happy to make us sandwiches. Breakfasts were very good, all local produce.
The Hotel staff were all Welsh speakers. I'm a Welsh learner, and I was pleased to be able to practice my Welsh. We parked the car at the nearby National Trust car park, free for members.
Aberdaron is a lovely village, full of history, several shops, good bakery, interesting church and churchyard, next to the hotel. My room was above the outside seating area, but I was so tired I fell asleep straight away, and didn't notice any noise. I'd definitely recommend this hotel. Good sea and hillside views.
We're enjoying walking the Wales Coast Path.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We only managed to get away for 3 days and are so glad we stayed here. The staff were so friendly, always smiling and very helpful. My husband wasn’t very mobile due to a recent operation and we were given a room close to the disabled lift. We had a lovely view of the beach and the church and a spacious ensuite wet room. Meals were very good quality ( we ate in the restaurant both evenings) and the breakfast was good too, they catered to whatever you wanted. The bar was quite lively of an evening but not overcrowded and the sunset on the terrace overlooking the beach was fabulous especially when accompanied from a delicious gin and tonic from the well stocked bar.
Highly recommended

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Came down to Aberdaron for a two day break, and had a lovely room overlooking the beach. Great setting, with terrace just a few inches from the beach. Room was clean and well appointed, staff were friendly and helpful, and breakfast was ok. Would definitely stay again.

Trip type: Travelled solo