Reviews (6 037)
3 787
1 625
3 787
1 625
All reviews anchor den veranda restaurant turtle lagoon crepes courtyard view grand cayman lobster night reef balls fish artificial reef cotton candy gelato red sail resort fee all you can eat across the street kids club
1 486 - 1 491 of 6 037 reviews

Hard not to give this place 5 stars but a few things hold it back

First of all the people working there are 6 stars. Best ever. Nicest people you will find anywhere. Better than the Ritz Carlton. Almost too nice. Great service.

Food is very good but amazingly expensive. But your in Grand Cayman so what do you expect.

The beach is shallow. 3 rows then the wall for the pool. First row of chairs are constantly getting hit with waves. But the Water is the classic Caribbean clear blue.

No shower in the bathroom so your standing in the tub. Bed is ok not great Room is standard room. Nothing wrong with that but not Ritz quality but then again your not paying Ritz prices.

So what holds it back. Well on our first Friday night the noise from the neighbor ( comfort suites) was deafening. Shockingly loud. I went downstairs to get our room moved and the noise level in the lobby and bar area was ridiculously loud. Like a disco. I'm not exaggerating. I've never seen anything like it at a hotel before. Manager was accommodating but I had to scream in his ear so he could hear me.

After the move all was good.

Other reviews suggest you should pass on the exterior rooms even if they are water view. It's true. If you want quiet listen to the advice. Outside rooms are loud.

So overall 4 1/2.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear gniconovich, thanks so much for your review. We appreciate your kind comments about our nice staff, great customer service and good food.

Our aim is to provide the ultimate Beach House experience and part of that is ensuring that we offer our guests the best customer service. We choose staff who are genuinely warm and kind. Based on our own experiences when we travel, we know how important it is to be surrounded by sincere and friendly people when on vacation.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I'll start with my only positive thing to say about this hotel: the staff (all non-Caymanian) are lovely.

Everything else about this hotel is an utter disaster. There was nobody to meet the taxi and help with my bags, so I dragged them to reception myself. There, I was told the type of bed I'd booked was not available unless I downgraded to a lower-category room (no refund). On getting to my room l discovered the minibar was empty; I was told this was because it is a "family resort". I could order alcohol from room service, or I could buy my own at a liquor store and put it in the fridge, but I couldn't even have soft drinks stocked in my minibar by the hotel. Breakfast was poor and arrived wrapped in plastic. Service is confused or non-existent. Rooms - especially bathrooms - are like motel rooms.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank TravelTaavi

Dear TravelTaavi, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words about our lovely staff. However, we are very sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with aspects of your stay with us. Many of our guests tell us how happy they are with our attentive and friendly customer service so I am disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations on this occasion. I have shared your comments with the relevant departments and we are discussing how we can further enhance the guest experience. I invite you to contact Andrew Dear, Room Operations Manager, if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail. You can email him on Andrew.Dear@marriott.com or call him on (345) 949-0088.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I want to give 2 ratings for this hotel. 5 circles outdoors and 3 indoors.
I would return to this hotel because their beach set up is amazing. They even have a sunglasses concierge! Obviously having someone who cleans your sunglasses is the height of decadence but Lloyd was so much more than that. He was superb at guest relations and had everyone smiling and feeling welcome.
Here is my full marks list- The sand is silky soft and white, we swam with a turtle on the reef just off the beach, they give out free popcorn, the nachos are superb, the cabanas are super to laze in, the attention on the sun loungers for towels, umbrellas or anything you wish for is faultless, there are showers to rinse off after a snorkel, the cocktails are wonderful and the ability to use go pros, paddle boards and kayaks within the resort rate is great.
For us, the indoor experience was good but not quite up to our expectations. For instance, the hotel pictures show you wonderful seating areas which all have different characters and look very relaxing but when you realise they are all in one place in the hotel lobby they lose their charm. The area has the feel of an upscale airport lounge as the incoming and exiting guests with their cases are always there so there is nowhere more intimate to sit. I suggest further dividers between couch area and reception desk.
The musak was also too loud in the courtyard and was a constant background irritation in the room as up on the 5th floor you got the repetitive notes all the time. In the bar area they didn't change tempos for different times of day. The music always seemed to be cocktail time lounge lizard type so we never ate breakfast here as that is just too jarring for a morning start.
We had the tapas on the Thursday night but our table was far away from the performance area with a pillar in the way which meant we had to eat up and move to view the flamenco dancers. Not the end of the world but ask for your table when booking.
On a very positive ending though, we booked the Mad Hatters afternoon tea. The live band were fantastic and the tea and fancies plus scones and gateaux were superb. It was also my birthday and the staff made me feel really special with balloons and cake and singing. Thank you.
All in all we had a wonderful week and if the hotel just made some slight tweaks to their relaxation and dining areas this would be the perfect getaway.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear wanderer061, thanks so much for your detailed review. We appreciate your kind comments about our amazing beach set up, wonderful cocktails and fun amenities included in the Resort Fee.

I am also happy to hear that you were impressed by our beachside services. We know that finding the idyllic spot by the sea to unwind is a major part of the ultimate Beach House experience. Therefore, our beach and pool ambassadors are at the ready to assist you. Once you are situated, they provide you with freshly pressed towels and help you set up your sun lounger and umbrella. They will even go out of their way to re-position your umbrella so that you always have shade. As you mentioned, our Sunglasses Concierge will even make sure that your sunglasses are sand and streak-free!

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Hotel is immaculate. Great staff, always friendly, helpful. Beautiful beach. Water beautiful clear, calm, clean no seaweed. Great floatation devices in ocean. Very relaxing. Good location. Can walk to restaurants and into town.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear VivianinNYC, thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind feedback about our immaculate hotel, great staff, beautiful beach and good location.

Did you have the chance to spend time at our Turtle Lagoon? It is one of my favourite spots at our Beach House! It is such a tranquil place to unwind and decompress. Our guests always tell us how much they enjoy curling up with a good book and relaxing on our distinctive outdoor furniture.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

It was all great! The staff make this hotel. Kathryn, Debbie, Kathy, Lou, Jear and Beth to name a few. One review mentioned the price of bottled water. The hotel water was very good. Bottled when we were out 1 day! No need to leave. We had a perfect room,
550, Ocean Front, no obstructions. 4th or 5th floor would be great. There are 3 elevators in one place so we used the stair well for going down and sometimes up:)
Before the trip in Nov. I thought it to be pricey but after 12 days, we MORE than got our monies worth! Good value for the money if you want to be catered to 24/7 and we did!
They even brought our dinner to us while we were in the jacuzzi! It was absolute BLISS my friends. Do it!! I will be back! Kids Club yeah!! I had the best fish tacos across the street, Lobster Night..don't need all u can eat, 7 mile cake is FAB! The staff was icing on the cake! Thank-you so much for making our precious family time PERFECT xoxo

Room Tip: All are nice. Even the garden, very tropical. We had ocean front # 550. Had no problem with noise. Light sleeper too.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank dbabsb

Dear dbabsb, thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your lovely comments about our friendly staff and delicious food.

At our resort, the team approaches their jobs differently than other hotels. We go into work each day thinking from a guest’s perspective and we base our decisions on what we think will make their vacation experience with us unique and memorable. We always encourage our guests to assist us in defining a successful vacation – whether that be informing us of a special occasion being celebrated or telling us that their aim is to reconnect with their family. We are thrilled to hear you say that our staff was the icing on the cake!

Thanks for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to welcome you back again soon.