“Nice way to see everything without the overhead of SCUBA gear.”

Atlantis Submarines
Book In Advance
More Info
US$114,00*
and up
Atlantis Submarine Expedition - Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Atlantis Submarines Cayman provides entertaining underwater tours for all ages.Our Atlantis Submarine dives to 100 feet, while our Seaworld Observatory operates on the surface only.Guests must be 4 years old and 3 feet tall to take the submarine excursion, but all ages are welcome on the Seaworld Observatory
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I am certified diver and my wife is not. This was a really nice way for both of us to see the fish here at the Cayman Islands. You take a comfortable boat ride from shore in Georgetown, to the submarine. A quick safety talk and then you enter the sub. The crew was great and very funny.

They have fish identification cards at each window and a depth gauge so you know how deep you are.

If you are bringing a DSLR, bring a fast telephoto and focus manually with no flash. The windows will play tricks with your sensor in regards to depth of field. You are able to see a lot and you may miss some fish if you are messing around with your camera.

I still continue to dive on my vacations, but it is very nice to know reasonable outfits like this exist. If I were to get my wife (hypothetically) certified for a dive, the cost and time would greatly exceed the cost of the single submarine trip.

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"scuba diving"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I thought that the submarine was great! I went with my grandparents and my three other sisters. I took the night time trip and it was so cool we saw an octopus, shark, puffer fish, and some lion fish! I 100% recommend doing this it’s also very informative and if it makes you feel better they said if the submarine ever broke it would automatically float to the surface;)))

1  Thank halliefmcleod
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I admit-slightly nerve wracking once we started to “dive-dive-dive” down to 100 feet but once I relaxed it was so much fun! Saw 2 turtles-lots of trigger fish and a lion fish at the end. It’s pricey but probably one of the coolest tours I’ve been on.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We booked with Atlantis, top notch tour! There were 7 of us and we took the boat ride over to where the submarine was at, then we stood on the deck and the others folks came out and boarded the boat. Singly we went down through the hatch and sat down. This was a flawless switch between those coming off and us going in. The ride was awesome for all especially those who have never seen the aquatic life so close. Would do this again!

1  Thank WarmWater_Deep_Diver