“One of few places to get a reasonably good salad....”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #113 of 335 Restaurants in Grand Cayman
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2017

This Hard Rock Cafe is much less about the preservation of music history or heritage than it is about the cruise ships in the harbor. HRC is one of the first things people see when they turn right off the tender. You can sit upstairs in air conditioning with a beer and burger and take pictures of your cruise ship. The view of the harbor is fabulous.

I'm more of a long-term visitor, though, sampling the cuisine from one end of the island to the other. At some point I get tired of local food and just want a salad. This is where HRC comes through for me.

First of all, it's just around the corner, so does not require any effort to visit. That's a plus when you're living in town without a car. Secondly, of the half dozen or so restaurants where I sampled salads, this is the only one that offered an arugula salad. Bonus points.

I've had this meal three times (over the last few years) and it's been consistently good. Fresh arugula with thinly sliced chicken, sprinkles of feta cheese, dried cranberries, unusually small bits of pecan. All of this tossed in a lemon-like vinaigrette. It's a good portion, and sometimes one just wants to feel like there is some nutritional value to the calories consumed.

Cathy had a Cobb salad she quite liked. In the past she had very good ribs served.

That's about all I can offer - HRC describes itself as "Rock ’n’ roll-themed chain with a high-energy vibe serving burgers & American classics." Eh, not this one, not in my experience. Go for reliable nutrition (or fried food if that's your thing), great view, air conditioning, free wifi, open on Christmas day. All worked in our favor.

Tim L, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Kay S
Thanks for your detailed review and the excellent comments about our tasty salads.
I couldn't agree more, believe me I love our burgers but, once in a while, a nutritious salad works wonders.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We stopped in here as a short stop, service was great - food was as expected for a chain restaurant - we try to enjoy local establishments when we travel, however we were a little STARVED and not sure where we wanted to go. So we stopped in here, it was decent and our server was great. Food was good and beer was cold.

Jackie L
Thanks for giving a "chain" a chance. That is one of the cool things about visiting Hard Rock's all over the world - you can rely on our staples on the menu and our great service.
Moreover, we all get to put some local dishes on the menu to change it up a bit and give you the opportunity to taste the local flavor.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

I always like to get a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt from every city that I visit. The t-shirts are always way overpriced, but they are usually pretty good quality. Having said that, however, the t-shirts at this place were so overpriced and of such poor quality that I didn't buy one. My wife and I also had what they called "hot fudge sundaes", but what they actually were was mostly whipped cream with three scoops of vanilla ice cream and a little chocolate sauce (not fudge). Bad news!

Tim L, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Kevin,

We certainly apologize for not meeting your standards during your recent visit.
All of our retail merchandise comes from approved vendors and our Hot Fudge Sundae is also a corporate recipe and we do not use chocolate sauce so, I'm not sure what happened here.
If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me at tim@hrccaymanislands.com
Hope your Holidays are going well and we can speak soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Nothing out the ordinary. It does have a nice view of the sea/harbour though. Food was good, v nice club sandwich. The shop is silly expensive, even for Cayman!

Tim L, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Doddy0078
Thanks for mentioning our good food and nice view. Every once in a while, we just stare out the window to remind us how cool the location really is. See you soon hopefully.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Six of us lunched here while our ship was in port. Not a huge restaurant and when there are multiple ships in port fills up early. We ordered:balsamic tomato bruschetta flatbread, fish sandwich, mahi fish tacos, burgers. Restaurant was very busy but service was friendly. Everyone enjoyed their lunches, no complaints. Prices are Hard Rock and Island prices.

Tim L, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

vette999

Thanks for the positive feedback. Nice menu selections, glad all enjoyed.