“What a disappointment !”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #89 of 311 Restaurants in Grand Cayman
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I always like to get a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt from every city that I visit. The t-shirts are always way overpriced, but they are usually pretty good quality. Having said that, however, the t-shirts at this place were so overpriced and of such poor quality that I didn't buy one. My wife and I also had what they called "hot fudge sundaes", but what they actually were was mostly whipped cream with three scoops of vanilla ice cream and a little chocolate sauce (not fudge). Bad news!

Tim L, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Kevin,

We certainly apologize for not meeting your standards during your recent visit.
All of our retail merchandise comes from approved vendors and our Hot Fudge Sundae is also a corporate recipe and we do not use chocolate sauce so, I'm not sure what happened here.
If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me at tim@hrccaymanislands.com
Hope your Holidays are going well and we can speak soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Nothing out the ordinary. It does have a nice view of the sea/harbour though. Food was good, v nice club sandwich. The shop is silly expensive, even for Cayman!

Tim L, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Doddy0078
Thanks for mentioning our good food and nice view. Every once in a while, we just stare out the window to remind us how cool the location really is. See you soon hopefully.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Six of us lunched here while our ship was in port. Not a huge restaurant and when there are multiple ships in port fills up early. We ordered:balsamic tomato bruschetta flatbread, fish sandwich, mahi fish tacos, burgers. Restaurant was very busy but service was friendly. Everyone enjoyed their lunches, no complaints. Prices are Hard Rock and Island prices.

Tim L, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

vette999

Thanks for the positive feedback. Nice menu selections, glad all enjoyed.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

This was my first time in any Hard Rock Cafe, I actually tried to avoid them in the States only because I don't care for chains. I like to try local restaurants most of the time to get the flavor of the area, but didn't find any I wanted to try here. I was pleasantly surprised and happy to find a great menu with great drink selections. We visited with another couple next to us and shared stories about our cruise and what we'd experienced so far. I had the fried shrimp and they were fantastic. Very clean restaurant and the staff were fun and attentive. I would highly recommend this place for lunch.

connie M

Thanks for the compliments. That is one of the great draws for coming to Hard Rocks all over the world. You can count on getting great service and great menu items but we also have the local menu items so you can enjoy the local flavor also. In our case, as you noted, you also get a fabulous view of the sea. Come back soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We just came for the shop. Like the rest of the island it's very expensive. I ended up not buying anything as the USD is only worth $0.80. The Cayman prices were already high.

Tim L, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Deb W - Yes, Cayman is expensive but, we hope you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful views. Just for clarification, the prices in the Rock Shop are already in US$. Hope we have the opportunity to see you again.