All reviews bitter end water sports virgin gorda lobster main restaurant our honeymoon prickly pear overlooking the water mary jo boats bvi resort island baths saba rock dock
Reviewed 6 September 2017

They offered everything for the family of 6. Food was amazing. Day trips to see the Baths, Anagada etc. we're great. rooms were comfortable, water views for everyone! My 4 boys had freedom to take out sailboats, motor boats, catamarans, truly an amazing, magical vacation that you will never want to end! I hope to return another day, God speed through Hurricane Irma 2017!❤️

Stayed: April 2017
9  Thank fitforevercunningham
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We came to The Bitter End Yacht club in April, we meant to stay for 2 days and ended up staying for a week. It was so perfect. Great sailing lessons for both adults and children with great instructors. A nice Kitesurfing spot, a couple of our party had lessons and more advanced Kiters could enjoy too.
The restaurant is yummy with great service and friendly staff. The food varies from traditional Caribbean to burgers and pizza there is something for everyone. The view from the main restaurant is stunning, right on the beach. There is also a pub which serves more USA style food. All of which is very good. There are a couple of gift shops and a mini supermarket selling essentials and ice creams!
The Sunday brunch is excellent with unlimited prosecco.
Definitely worth a visit. You won't want to leave.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank KateT197
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I recently visited Bitter End. Upon arriving, we went to the desk to check in with our boat and see where we could tie up. I believe her name was, "Korin." She gave our captain the worst attitude I have ever seen. She dismissed anything he said, wasn't helpful, and was just flat out rude. She definitely changed our opinion on the yacht club.

Aside from her, food was good and drinks were good. Prices were expensive and portions were small. Solid happy hour.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I never write reviews - especially on TripAdvisor. It's too many people with a unique experience just going off on one, but having written to the management at BEYC regarding my stay and my experience with absolutely no response back, I feel this is deserved and further proves my point.

To get one thing straight, Bitter End is definitely the nicest of all the hotels in Virgin Gorda - excellent rooms, great beds, beatiful views. The issue is that their fabulous property has the absolute worst staff on the island. And unfortunately it's not an isolated incident with certain departments, it was across the ENTIRE place.

The man who greeted me at the airport was excellent, but from check in onward I was met with total lack of care or help. Travelling alone and arriving to the hotel at 10pm, I was directed to my room from the receptionist, which would have been fine except I started walking and then discovered it was a good 10 minutes walk in the dark without a flashlight so had to trek back. Trying to book a table in their main restaurant was a bit of a joke and usually included me standing around politely saying "hello" to the five people chatting by the service bar and then just looking at me and finally slowly moving over as if I was interrupting their day. I can't stress enough, this happened EVERY TIME - and I was there for 4 nights and ate at the restaurant 5 times. The worst was at checkout when I was rudely and loudly woken up at 7am even though I had told reception I was aiming for a late check out but if no room then at midday. Following me repeating this, I was then 'ushered' out of my room (or they tried) EIGHT TIMES between 8am and midday. I even had the cleaning lady tell me if I was going to stay until midday, then she was going to leave a laundry bag in my room until then (of which she did).

I was there for an event and there were a handful of other people staying at the hotel who all had similar experiences. I am in the BVI at least 5 times a year and I will not be coming back to this hotel despite how much I actually love the rooms. The service just ruins the entire experience - especially when you are met with such friendly people everywhere else on the island.

Again, I wouldnt have written this, but after I wrote this same email to management without them ever replying, I feel this is deserved and I wish someone had written something on TripAdvisor before I booked to stay there.

It's a beautiful place and would make an amazing holiday IF they actually had staff who wanted you there. I would avoid staying here, there are just way better places for cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
28  Thank Jackie F
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This was our 8th visit in 20 years. This is the water sports capital of the BVI. Every water sport you can imagine. Lessons and rentals on all manner of sailboats and water craft. Equipment is always the latest available.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple