Lowest prices for your stay
US$198
Free cancellation until 21/09/30
ZenHotels.com
Orbitz.comUS$198
TravelocityUS$198
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the Gordian Terrace for one night in July of 2018. Before our arrival, we understood that much of the island was still in shambles due to the recent hurricanes, which is also why most hotels were not yet open. We stayed at Gordian Terrace because they were one of the few hotels that were available, and so we assumed they had recovered enough to operate up to standards. We were extremely disappointed to find out that this was not the case.

After we arrived and were shown our room we were informed that the running water was being fixed and would be working again shortly. Well, the water came back on for approximately 5 minutes of the 24 hours that we were at the hotel. We went to the manager numerous times during this stay, and the manager kept making excuses for the water not working and seemed unapologetic and unconcerned by our problems. We could not shower, brush our teeth, and had no water bottles left to drink.

Before leaving we complained to the owner who seemed shocked and upset that we had to endure this. She pleaded that we do not write a bad review, and offered to refund us the money. She told us to email her when we returned home and she would refund us for our stay. We sent her our information, but with no luck. She responded back with one excuse after another (the bank is closed, the bank takes a couple of weeks to process the payment, etc.), until she finally stopped answering us and never refunded us for our stay.

Overall, this was an awful experience. The staff was unprofessional and unapologetic. I understand the island had some damage, but then this hotel should have remained closed like the others until they were running properly. We feel cheated by this hotel who essentially stole our money with no remorse. If you are going to visit the island I would recommend staying at a different hotel with a more professional, competent staff.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gordianhouse, General Manager at Gordian Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2019

I thank you for staying with us and I do apologize for your experience. However I will not argue over this forum.
Since hurricane Irma the entire island was experiencing water problems from our distillation plant were they would shut off water with out notice to build pressure to carry water to homes, schools & others properties in the area. When turning back on water, if not properly pressurized can caused bustier of pipes. we are sorry on the night you stayed this accured but we are happy to report this situation has being resolved.

Chris we at Gordian do not refute your claim of not obtaining a refund but let it be known that you did not book directly with us but through a third party.

. Presently there is still no bank on the island & boat travel is required for any-type of banking services.We take responsibly for not following up to make sure that your process was successful. We do wish that you had called us directly after not seeing a response for so long so that we could of tried again.

Reviewed 17 May 2019

The apartment was nice, clean and comfortable. The view was great but the 3 flights of stairs were very difficult for my husband. The restaurants are about 5 miles away over mountains in Spanish Town. There is no sign or address. We never would have found it if the nice young man at Virgin Gorda Car Rental hadn't lead us there.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LauraleeM10, General Manager at Gordian Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

Thank you for staying with us it was a pleasure having you and your husband. most persons prefer the stairs
for the 180 degrees ocean view and Atlantic breeze. I am sorry you were uncomfortable, the first floor
was an option. In regards to restaurants there are three with in our area that is five minutes away.

We are working on the sign again we humbly apologize for your inconvenience we look forward to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2019

The hotel is quite small, as expected. It suffered hurricane damage, which was not mentioned, so it was pretty noisy from early morning until late afternoon when workmen were re-roofing it. Also, the workmen were being housed in the better rooms, so our room was in the back with no view. We were not expecting that. I would not say "don't stay there" but I would caution you to ask about hurricane repairs so you know what to expect. The front rooms, with the views, have balconies, but the ones in the back just have patios and look out on a small garden.

Room tip: Ask for what you want, but be prepared that the back rooms are dark.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Terry F

Thank you for staying with us we apologise for the inconvenience of getting the roof back on,
the units with the garden view is private. most of our honeymooner stay in that area.
The third floor units are reserved in advance.

Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

This was my 3rd time staying at Gordian Terrace. Lauralee, who manages it, has always treated me like family, and this time was no different.

She invited my friend and I to join her for the special New Year’s Eve church service at her church. It was really a special experience we’ll always treasure.

She also helped me arrange for some donations for the local schools. I love Virgin Gorda and am so happy to see them rebuilding after the Hurricanes of 2016.

We got the room with the best view (3rd floor) this time. So beautiful!

I’d highly recommend staying here, and visiting Virgin Gorda. This time, I even left a small suitcase with some clothes, because I know I’ll be back!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you it is always a pleasure serving you. It was like family we enjoyed your company tremendously.
I look forward to have you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit to Virgin Gorda in December 2016. But ever since my stay I keep getting a ton of emails on behalf of the property owner to connect on different sites. I am not happy about that.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lauralee M, Manager at Gordian Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for choosing us it was our pleasure to serve you. I humbly apologize that you are getting request it is not our intention.