3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$223
Orbitz.comUS$223
CheapTicketsUS$223
TravelocityUS$223
TripadvisorUS$223
Destinia.com
All reviews within walking distance an ocean view room nice balcony shopping and restaurants convenient location cruise ship comfy bed air conditioning tortola island stopover roadtown microwave fi thomas docks convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2020

We stayed here for the first part of out holiday in the BVIs its right in the centre of Road Town and easy access to everything around, , great pool, lovely and reasonably priced food in their restaurant but so many others just on their door step , rooms were big and AC super cold

Date of stay: January 2020
MariasBVI, Manager Assistant at Maria's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Good Day!

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and wish to thank you for leaving a review. We hope that you will will choose to stay with us again the next time you visit the BVI. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 January 2020 via mobile

This hotel is in an ideal location! Very close to the sea, a couple of restaurants, a small shopping area (that's great for souvenirs!) And persons that come off the cruise ships pass right by the hotel.
Great location for business meetings and seminars.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
MariasBVI, Manager Assistant at Maria's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2020

Good Day!

Thank you very much for your review, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We greatly hope that you visit us again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

I was stranded in Puerto Rico after major earthquakes and made it off the island to Tortola. A sweet woman recommended this hotel and helped me book it since they weren’t on some of the search sites I use to book.
I was exhausted after delays and canceled flights at the airport and switched from St. Thomas to Tortola to get out of the disaster area.
I was warmly greeted and getting sick from a cruise ship trip and being worn down from the events.
I booked a room at $124.00 a night and a resort fee and the room was clean and comfortable. I didn’t have an ocean view room but that was ok, I needed rest and to find a flight home.
I went down to the bar for a drink and I met the wonderful “Sonny” what a gem. His mother owned the place and now he’s there keeping watch over the place.
He chatted with me and made me feel happy and welcome and then asked if I’d eaten. Thank goodness he asked as I hadn’t eaten since breakfast. I was so tired and run down. They offered food at the bar which was perfect. They had homemade chicken soup available. How much was this sick chick? I also ordered a spinach salad. Each leaf was placed perfectly on the plate in a beautiful design. What a healthy treat.
I felt so so cozy and comfortable there that I booked another night.
They book through emails and phone calls so send them an email and they respond quickly or give them a call.
There wasn’t a lot of people staying there and I hope that they get a good system soon so that they can stay full and people can find this little gem.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TravelingQueenv
MariasBVI, Manager Assistant at Maria's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2020

Good Day!

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that we were able to make your journey back home a bit more comfortable.

To echo your comments, for reservations we can be contacted using the following methods:

1. Via email at info@mariasbythesea.com

2 .Via phone at 1 (284) 494-2595 or 1 (284) 852-6600

3. On our website mariasbythesea.com

4. Via Expedia

We sincerely hope that you decide to stay with us again and explore more of Tortola and the British Virgin Islands! Thank you!

Reviewed 18 January 2020

We stayed here for three nights to be near the ferry and to do a day sail. The convenience was great, it was waking distance to ferry. There are some good restaurants and bars that are within walking distance as well. The cruise port is very close and there is a pier there with shopping and restaurants if you choose to check that out. I found the hotel to be exactly as I had expected from other reviews. I knew it was not going to be high end, and that was okay with us. We did not plan to spend a lot of time in the room. The bed was very comfortable, the rooms clean, tv did work. The hotel itself seemed dated, and we did not dine at the restaurant. There was a pool, but did not go in. Beautiful view of the water. The staff was friendly and we did have some issues with hot water and they immediately accommodated us by changing our room, which was a plus. Overall, if you are looking for a five star hotel this is not for you. But if you are looking for something that is located in road town, and is a typical no frills hotel with a comfy bed, then look no further. Keep in mind if you decide to explore the island and beaches without a car, taxi prices are typically $16 per person one way anywhere you go. This hotel is in road town and close to the ferry there, but is not close to the west end ferry, just and FYI.

Good Day!

Thank you very much for your review, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We greatly hope that you visit us again soon when visiting the beautiful British Virgin Islands. Thank you!

Reviewed 10 January 2020 via mobile

This is the closest hotel to the ferry docks in Road town. I was able to walk to the hotel. I simply needed a nice quiet room for a couple of nights before heading out on a catamaran. It is a very basic hotel in terms of amenities, but the rooms are very spacious, very clean, a nice balcony facing the ocean, solid air-conditioning and the showers were fair to good.

Trip type: Travelled solo
MariasBVI, Manager Assistant at Maria's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

Good Day,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, as we strive to give our guests the best experience possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again! Thank you.