2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$207
Orbitz.comUS$207
CheapTicketsUS$207
TravelocityUS$207
TripadvisorUS$207
Destinia.com
All reviews within walking distance an ocean view room nice balcony shopping and restaurants convenient location cruise ship comfy bed air conditioning tortola island stopover roadtown microwave fi thomas docks convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2019

The hotel is well located, a 5 minute walk from the ferry terminal. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is an onsite bar and restaurant. We didn't eat there, but we had a few drinks which were well made by the friendly bartender. The rooms are a good size and clean. We only stayed one night, but would stay here again in the future.

Room tip: The Hotel has an elevator
Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 10 June 2019 via mobile

I stayed at Maria's by the Sea for 4 nights and considering they are still majorly recovering from Hurricane Irma in 2017 it was a good stay.

It's a shame the outdoor terrace/bar area is not rebuilt yet as it would be nice to sit/drink/eat outdoors and Roadtown is severely lacking on alternatives so this would be invaluable however these things take time and I'm sure it will be great once finished.

The food in the restaurant is excellent and both breakfast and dinner options have a wide range of choice and I didn't have a single bad meal whilst I was there.

Location wise everything is in walking distance,what more could you want really.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2019

My husband and I stayed here one night after our week long sail before heading to the airport the next morning. The staff were extremely nice and accommodating and allowed us to check into our room at 10am - so nice and very appreciated when we were wanting to take long hot showers and lie down. The hotel is conveniently located and walking distance to many locations in Road Town. We also ate in the lobby bar and the food was good and the staff were very friendly. I would stay here again and recommend this property before or after a sail.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 20 May 2019

I have to give thanks to the staff especially Malilia Simon, Kenesha Johnson, and JoJo. These folks helped to make our stay at the hotel pleasant. This is a simple hotel with a great bar and restaurant. The rooms are basic, clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay again.
Thanks again to all the staff who helped us to have a nice stay in Roadtown.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank donv83
Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

Maria’s by the Sea is probably one of the few hotels that managed to resist the fury of Irma in 2017. It is right in front of the ocean, although there is no beach for an easy access to water. It is located about 29 minutes and $28 away from EIS airport on Tortola. I shared a room with a colleague. Rooms are large and comfortable, and were super clean when we came in. My advice is to ask for a room on the upper floors and with the ocean view. I am not sure if that influences the price, but it is probably worth to ask. Although the hotel was fully functional there were some renovations going on (probably related to Irma) and I did notice the extra noice in a place that otherwise is quiet.

Date of stay: April 2019