Reviews (1 037)
1 037 results
All reviewsmajor domojade mountainmoon sanctuarystar sanctuaryinfinity poolbento boxsun suiteour honeymoonanse chastanettotal romance packageclub restauranthelicopter rideonce in a lifetimejazzy cruisejungle bikingsister hotelopen bathroom
27 - 32 of 1 037 reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

What a stunning resort! Amazing service, delicious food and the rooms (sanctuaries) are luxurious. From a private helicopter ride to the resort to the 24 hour attentive butler service, it was truly a trip of a lifetime!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelLoverPa
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I scoured trip advisor every single day in the many months leading up to this trip because I could not contain my excitement and wanted to read everything there was to read about Jade Mountain. It still will never prepare you for the moment you step foot into your sanctuary and see the mouth dropping view.
My husband and I chose Jade Mountain as the ultimate way to celebrate his 40th birthday. We had it on our bucket list and decided to just do it. And if you are thinking “do we really want to spend that much money on a vacation?” - trust me - this is 100% worth it, go for it. The memories we will have from this place will be etched in my mind forever. This is an amazing way to disconnect and have tons of alone time with your significant other. You will barely see people at all unless you decide to go down to the beach or any of the restaurants at Jade or Anse.
We did a Yin Yang package which is advertised on their website. We stayed the first 3 nights at Anse in a beachside villa and the last 4 nights at Jade in Sanctuary JC2. This package was phenomenal as it enabled us to have two totally different experiences in one vacation without compromising on the level of service or quality of food. We absolutely loved our stay at Anse. On the day of the hotel switch, we decided to hike Gros Piton in the morning so we wouldn’t be waiting around all day in excitement for our room. We booked the hike through the concierge at Anse and they brought us breakfast the night before to put in our fridge and have for the morning of the hike. They picked us up at 6:30 am and we were back at the hotel by noon. It was well worth it and not too strenuous but you would need to be in pretty good shape.
In regards to being in shape, you definitely need to be in decent physical shape to stay at either Jade or Anse as all of the other reviews will also tell you there are steps. Tons of steps!! But we actually loved walking everywhere as opposed to the shuttles that they offer because it gave us some extra exercise. We also did yoga a few mornings (offered at 7am at Jade on the terrace and 8:30 am and the evening on the beach). We used their gym which was nothing to write home about but was nice to have. We went on the Jungle Bike tour through the Plantation at Anse Mamin with “Bike Tyson” as our guide. This was an awesome tour as he was so knowledgeable about all of the trees, fruit, plants, etc. He even brought a pocket knife along and cut fresh mango that had jut fallen from the trees as well as Sour Sop. When we were on that tour he pointed out a trail named “Tinkers Trail” which we decided to hike a few days later. I highly recommend hiking it, it was about 1/2 hour up and the views were incredible, I thought even better than the views from Gros Piton. You can see the entire property from the top including the heli pad and the pitons which was cool. We also used the SUP at the beach and took a water taxi from the resort to the town of Soufriere and walked around. We stopped at the Hummingbird resort for a drink and change of scenery and had a delicious Mango daiquiri. We did the sunset jazzy cruise offered by the resort and that was one of the highlights. We didn’t catch much of a sunset that night but had a great time dancing and meeting people. The musicians on the jazzy cruise are incredible and they also are the dinner entertainment one evening at Jade Club.
Back to the moment of walking in the sanctuary for the first time - it’s one of those feelings you wish you could experience over and over. My husband and I must’ve said to each other a thousand times “this doesn’t even seem real”. Or “it feels like we are looking at a movie screen” as we would lay in our bed with the mosquito nets blowing gently around us staring at the pitons beyond our turquoise infinity pool. We had a 90 minute in room couples massage set up the day we checked in to our sanctuary after the piton hike and it was heavenly. The Major Domos are at your every beck and call however we really didn’t ask ours for much as we like to eat in the restaurants. We did have an afternoon snack delivered poolside one day and it was delicious. One morning we were going to work out and we needed ice for our shakes. We called and we watched as our Major Domo was practically running to bring it to us! The only other thing we asked of him was to bring us a bottle of champagne one night on the terrace so that we could toast the sunset and that was a wonderful experience.
Every single staff member was happy to be there and we engaged in a lot of conversation with many of them, from the staff at the restaurants, the “stone man” who built all the stone walls at Anse Mamin by hand, all of the management who was incredibly friendly as well as all of the bartenders.
We did the All Inclusive package and are so glad we did. We made that decision when we booked and never looked at the cost again. We never had to think about price when we were there and that made for a much more relaxed vacation than thinking about everything that we were spending. The wines and prosecco by the glass that were included were perfectly fine and there was a great selection! All of the cocktails were delicious as well. The food was amazing. We have been all over the Caribbean and never find the meat to be the same as what we are used to in the US. The food here was 100% the same if not better than a nice restaurant that we would eat at anywhere in the US. I’m pretty sure I had fresh fish at least twice a day and I’m already missing that! Make sure to get the red snapper coconut ceviche served straight from the coconut!
When you stay at a place like this, it is so hard to ever want to go anywhere else even though you have a bucket list a mile long. Once we check a few more places off our list we will ABSOLUTELY return here one day and stay in a Galaxy sanctuary. I simply cannot say enough about this place.
If you follow me on IG, daydreaming_tribe_of_five you can see more photos under my St Lucia highlight.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
23  Thank jme829
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Unimaginably beautiful views of the Piton peaks rising majestically from the azure Caribbean waters is the 4th wall of every sanctuary, as the suites are called by visionary architect owner, Nick Troubetzkoy. Its three walls renders every other resort accommodation claustrophobic. Put it on your bucket list.

Stayed: July 2017
4  Thank 4masei5
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I stayed for 5 days/nights at Jade Mountain with my wife for our honeymoon. I was looking for an all-inclusive, high-end experience and their Total Romance package definitely delivered! The entire experience exceeded our admittedly high expectations. From the first minute we arrived we were made to feel completely welcomed and attended to. The entire staff could not have been nicer and went the extra mile with little things like bringing my wife some balm late one evening after she suffered a minor burn. The diverse dining and drinking options on the resort were consistently delicious. I was also very pleased to discover that biting insects were not a problem, which is impressive given the jungle setting (be advised, though, that at night the "song" of some bugs is quite loud given the open air layout). Overall I would say if you're considering Jade Mountain for a special occasion you should go for it...you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Upper floors have an incredible view; the infinity pool is definitely worth getting.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brad M
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I and my fiancé just returned from a five day stay at Jade Mountain. We booked one of the Moon Sanctuaries and added on the Total Romance Package (all meals included, various activities, free t-shirts, voucher for a return stay, et al). In summary this is truly one of the most unique luxurious places to stay. Romance oozes out of this place and, honestly, without a significant other with you, you will not get the full experience of this place. We had fantastic weather every day with no rain (except one night while we slept). Below is a quick recap of some of our stay.

1. Airport transfer - We had roundtrip transfers as part of our package. We thought about the helicopter option but decided against it preferring instead to do the ride through the country. We were the only couple going and coming which we requested through their luxury private car upgrade. Note that if you are the only couple coming in to Jade Mountain from a flight you will automatically be by yourself. Otherwise, you will share with anyone else arriving with you. So, getting the upgrade may not be something you absolutely need to do to guarantee you are the only couple on the ride. We had great drivers both giving up lots of info on the island and pointing out island attractions along the way. Yes, the road is filled with twists and turns but it is not a big deal UNTIL THE LAST TWO MILES. LOL! Yes, the last two miles which is the road leading to Jade Mountain is an adventure and not for the faint hearted. It is very bumpy and steep, and you must share the one lane road with the oncoming cars. I think I held my breath the all the last two miles.

2. Service - Impeccable! There's no other word for it. From the moment you arrive with the mint towels and Bentley drinks (So good!! My fiancé ended up drinking Bentleys the whole time we were there - LOL) until they send you off with fresh baked muffins and water for the ride to the hotel. You are catered to like no one's business. Housekeeping, restaurant professionals, tour guides, reception / guest services, and of course the Major Domos (i.e. butler) (we had three). Allan was our main Major Domo and he was just the best!! You were a cell phone to speak with your Major Domo with any questions or requests you had.

3. Room - Ahhh!!! It was so dreamy. The rooms are well appointed and everything piece of furniture is super comfy. The open fourth wall was no problem for us. We relished it. Bugs and mosquitoes were not an issue as they spray often to keep them at bay. The netting around the bed secured you in at night. Birds are present, but we enjoyed their antics in our room trying to steal food when they thought we weren't looking. We never used the squirt gun to shoo them away. We just enjoyed them too much. It rained heavy for one night. Our bed was set back so no issues there. However, the sun chairs up front were quite wet in the morning but dried out during the day.

Infinity pool – This is such an awesome room feature. We loved this pool. The water temperature was perfect. I am 5 ft 5in and I had to stand on my tip toes to not have my head go under. I just hung on the top edge and floated. It’s no problem for taller people.

4. Room - Bathroom. Yep. Totally open. So, what? LOL! The way it is situated makes it feel private. The toilet is out in the open. If you have qualms about being too open, then maybe it will bother you a bit but otherwise for most couples it is no big thing.

5. Room - Amenities. They will stock your fridge with whatever you want. Upgraded wines, champagnes, and alcohol are outside of the meal plans so expect to see that on your bill when you check out. Molton Brown bath products are provided along with the main toiletry items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving items, hairdryer). You only have to bring the special items you wish to use specifically (i.e. special body washes, face soaps, etc.).

6. Room - Miscellaneous. There are tons of storage for all your clothes, shoes, etc.

7. Food - Good golly. Amazing and well prepared. The food is all organic and comes from Emerald Farm which is onsite. You get very nice portions and you can add or remove items to dishes as you wish. I particularly like how they noted your allergies and would be mindful of them throughout your entire stay. We had room service about half of the time all coming from the Jade Restaurant.

~Jade Restaurant - Superb. Keep in mind the food here is "frou-frou". We took off quite a bit of the items on the menu to make it more "familiar" to us but that's just us. If you want top notch eating, you will not be disappointed here. We did breakfast, lunch and dinner here. Waffles - OMG! The preserves - YUMMY! Shrimp - So big and juicy!!! Everything else - Dang Good! LOL!

~ Trou au Diable Beach Restaurant - Yummy drinks and grilled lunch items. We ate here twice - once while on the beach (cabana service is great!) and for dinner after our sunset cruise.

They a few other restaurants on site shared with the sister resort Anse Chastanet including the famous Jungle Bar Grill but we never made it there. Just was too caught up with just relaxing in our room or staying at the Jade.

8. Beach - Beautiful but not the best we've been. The main beach is rocky, and the sand is gray but still you will enjoy yourself. The water is a gorgeous dark teal blue.

9. Activities - Plenty to do. It really is up to your taste. We are more laid back and only did the Jazzy Sunset cruise. The cruise was so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the money. You must do this cruise. The music was very nice but what stole the show was the dolphins and whales we were able to see. The weather and the sea were fantastic for us. You are out for about three hours and you see so much. If you get a great group with you, you will have a blast. The captain and crew keep you entertained and there are plenty of drinks and hors d'oeuvres served.

As to music and dancing live music is available at Jade Restaurant during certain weekdays for a few hours each evening. We experienced the acoustic guitar performer one-night music and heard the music from the bands either while on the beach or from our room dining in for dinner.

10. Miscellaneous -

~Stairs. Jade Mountain is full of steps and they are steep. From our room to the top was 116 stairs and were located on the middle level. Eventually we got used to it and it was no problem towards the end of our stay but at first...woo wee! LOL! Even going down the beach is a hilly trek down and up. If you are out of shape, have any mobility issues, you don't want to come to Jade Mountain. Hate to say that but it is the truth. They have a shuttle for the beach to and from but from your room to anything else it is all on you.

~ Tipping - You can tip whenever and to whoever you want. We personally tipped the housekeeping and restaurant staff and all three of our Major Domos the night before we left in USDs. We also tipped our drivers for the transfers. You can also leave tips at the reception desk and they will share it with all the staff according to your wishes or just split evenly with everyone.

~Technology - Free Wi-Fi in every room. No television or radio. My fiancé thought it was going to be a real chore for him to get through our stay, but it wasn't. We did bring our own Bose speakers and listened to music during the day and had our iPads and laptops for reading or watching movies though just in case. I think in the end we used our iPads and laptops on two days for about two hours.

I know I forgetting to review something, but I am tired now. LOL! So, here's my wrap up.

PROS: Romantic, luxurious, great food, lots of activities, impeccable service, pure relaxation, perfect for couples, perfect for nature lovers, amazing room and views, unique and environmentally conscious resort, private infinity pools

CONS: May be too frou-frou for the more down to earth, the stairs may be too much for some, expensive (so if this is not the type of check you are used to writing beware and get one of the meal plans), not the best beach in the Caribbean, better suited for couples, not for those who must have tech in their rooms, not for the shy if an open bathroom is not your thing and you must be enclosed for privacy

Room Tip: The higher the room the more splendid the view but more expensive and more steps to the bottom and the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple