All reviewspolice stationyogurtcontinental breakfastreduit beachsmall hotelnight guardprivate oasisrodney bayst luciasmall pooldeluxe roomthe cleaning ladywithin easy walking distancerooms are largelocal foodsthe ground floorfriendly hotel
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Was at the Ginger Lily for a business trip and had a very pleasant stay. the courtyard and pool are lovely and the hammocks on the balcony! Room was clean. Staff was kind to offer us some early breakfast items because of our morning meeting schedules. Would be great to have bathrobes in the rooms. Also, the wifi only worked in my room if I sat close to the courtyard (i.e. I couldn't use it just sitting on my bed).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank laureno650
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Nice little hotel, designed very well. Making the most of the lot and with the beautiful garden and pool, created a tropical ambiance with the sound of waves crashing the beach within reach. Out the front door, cross the road and onto the beach. Beauty sand and great swimming. The vendors not bad. Anything you want of course but, not harassing. Rent a chair or throw down a towel. Great food and service at Marie's Fish Shack at end of beach and Spinnakers beach bar nice place to go for dinner. We also were able to walk to the grocery stores in Rodney Bay village. Well stocked with everything you need. Sometimes cabbing it back to the ginger lily with heavy loads for 15EC. Room was great, Service was too. Breakfast included has been accurately described by many on here. Simply needs improvement. Other than that we liked it and wilĺ return.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeff a
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We have just returned from a three week stay at the charming Ginger Lily and had a wonderful time. We have been going to St Lucia for 20 years, every time we walked past the hotel we always thought it looked nice but for various reason hadn't stayed there before so this year decided to give it a try. As it offers bed and breakfast only it was a great opportunity to try out all of the fabulous restaurants St Lucia has to offer.
The hotel is ideally situated in Rodney Bay just across the road from the beach and within easy walking distance of the restaurants, unlike some of the other islands we have been to we felt quite safe walking around here.
As we were staying for three weeks we booked the suite which offered seperate living and bedrooms, there was also a small kitchen and terrace. The rooms were spotless and very spacious. I did peek into some of the other rooms which also looked spacious. There was a small bar but for some reason wasn't really used by the guests, this may be because there was no restaurant so people probably headed out. The real selling point must be the small pool set in the lovely gardens, when the hotel wasn't busy it felt like we had our own personal swimming pool.
The staff were all very nice, the cleaning lady always went out of her way to say hello and would show us when a particular plant was flowering or just to have a chat (no disrepect to any of the ladies who were great but I have to say my favourite team member had to be Bubbles the very friendly cat who would get the hotel a five star rating on his own).
Some comment has been made about the breakfasts, while the idea of a continental breakfast is fine for me I would agree that the quality of bread, yoghurts etc could have been better, however it was no big deal and the fruit and toast was perfectly adequate to take us through to lunch, I should also point out that there were additional breakfast options albeit outside the 'breakfast included' price.
I thought it only fair to give a five star rating because we enjoyed our stay so much but there are a couple of things that could be better. Firstly the rooms could do with a bit of TLC as the paintwork was looking a little tired as we struggled with the door out to our terrace to the extent we gave up and just walked around the garden to get to it. I did think that it wouldn't take much to turn this from a very good hotel to a very desirable 'get away from it all' hotel. The secondly the point really turns what I said was the main selling point on its head, we just wanted a holiday in the sun to generally relax and as I mentioned the pool area was so pretty we spent a lot of time there, when the hotel was quiet it was great, but not so much when the hotel was busy, particularly when children were staying, then we said goodbye to peace and tranquillity. To be fair, none of the children were misbehaved, it was more a case of children, water and low volume not really going together.
I should stress that these are minor points and would recommend the Ginger Lily to anyone who wants a clean, simple, friendly hotel with easy access to all that Rodney Bay offers but without all of the trappings of the large all inclusive hotels that seem to dominate the area.
Many thanks to the staff of the Ginger Lily for making our stay so comfortable and enjoyable.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank Polly08
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed on the ground floor (room 4) during the first week of March, and we were very happy with this hotel. Rate is very reasonable for the area and the staff are wonderful. Here are some highlights:

-location is perfect. Across the street from the beach and police station (the area is very safe and the hotel has overnight security just in case). At least 15 restaurants, a mall, tour shop, and a grocery store are within a 10 minute walk.

-the room ia very spacious with high ceilings. It has a small kitchen area with a sink, fridge, and kettle. The room was spotless and there were no bugs.

-the pool area is small, but it is a small hotel, so you always feel like the place is your own little private oasis.

-the staff are great. My boyfriend was sick a few of the days, and they were very accommodating.

-room came with the nicest continental breakfast i have ever had. Table service with coffee, juice, yogurt, fruit bowl, banana and toast. Option of adding extras like eggs or meat.

We found this area/hotel to be the best way to visit Saint Lucia for the first time. No need to stay trapped inside a pretentious resort. I would absolutely stay at the Ginger Lily again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StarShine_11
Reviewed 23 January 2018

We stayed here when we eloped in St. Lucia over New Year's 2018. It is such a great location!! We are right across from the beach and just down the road from restaurants, bars, and shopping. The ladies were so sweet and it was great to get to know them over the week. The breakfast is simple but filling, and the food was just within walking distance. If you are adventurous, we would recommend using the bus system to check out Castries - AND if you are there on a Friday you have to go to the Jump-Up / Gros Islet Street Party... it was so much fun. Ginger Lily will always have a place in our heart and would recommend it to couples or singles.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple