All reviews guest house private beach sunset lounge close to the airport separate kitchen common room st lucia within walking distance ocean view merlyn stopover snorkeling rates island bedroom fridge caribbean
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

This guest house was located 10 walking minutes from an awesome local beach. There is also a private beach on the hotel property that's great for snorkeling. Rooms are very simple but extremely clean. You have a full kitchen with fridge, sink, stove, pots, pans, plates, etc. Owner was very accommodating and even took us to the grocery store! You will be offered day tours from cab drivers but the owner of this hotel offers cheaper rates for day tours that include meal and entry fees to exhibits. Perfect for travelers who want to experience St. Lucian culture. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was also awesome! Amazing views from their sunset lounge or from your room balcony.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I have mixed feelings about this place, it's definitely a mom and pop hotel and I am not sure if they have much of a staff for help, seemed like the owners young kids and her mother were assisting. If you get a one bedroom this should be nice, however, we had a 2 bedroom and it was a bit of a drab. There is ac in the bedrooms only but it is really hot in the other living areas due to no a/c I am used to this so it didn't bother me too much. However although I am from the islands and I understand that the electricity can be a bit high but I also know that if I am expecting guest that I would have the fridge hooked up. We missed our flight and came a day later in the early day and we were very hungry and tired when we got in. We were greeted and then we were left to fend for ourselves with no clear direction of where was the closest place for food, do they serve food, etc. We have family here so I think with that being said maybe they thought we would know where we were going but we didn't. My cousin did take us to the local market so we could put some items in the fridge to eat and drink, when we arrived is when we realized the fridge wasn't hooked up and it had been closed for sometime so it had that awful smell. I feel that if you know you will have guest staying in the room the fridge should be hooked up the evening before. The water did cut off a few times so we didn't have access to water. I wasn't sure if this happens on the regular or just an issue that they had that day but the owners young son was able to get it fixed. The water pressure is unbelievably low (not sure if this had to do with the water being cut off). I had a friend staying in one of the one bedrooms and she had a balcony that overlooked the ocean it was beautiful, since the 1 bedroom is like a loft she didn't have a/c issues, just the water pressure. She did have an issue where she booked her reservation online and paid but they were unable to find it, my friend had her reservation in hand to show them things but it seemed to go ignored. The ocean view is breath taking and going to sleep listening to the waves crashing was also lovely. There is a really old fortress within walking distance and one of the locals stated it was where the French fought the British, there is even a little prison area, it was pretty neat to see. The next day we did make the decision that we would not be staying another night because we weren't comfortable, it was too much back and forth for our cousin to pick up and take us places, and we were too far from places to eat. We went to let the owner know but she was at church so we told one of her children, I did run into the owner later that morning and said "good morning" and I believed she was displeased with our leaving because she replied with "goodbye and wasn't very friendly. I see some reviews state that breakfast and lunch were made, however, we never saw it nor were we offered or told that we needed to request anything. So back to my title of the review, if you don't set your expectations to high and don't plan on spending much time in your room, you can definitely stay here. It is affordable and the ocean is breathtaking. I think if I had my own vehicle and it was just my husband and I without the kids we would have stayed, so we could have uses the money saved from other expensive hotels on more entertainment for ourselves.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, bring snacks and drinks to place in fridge because you aren't close to much.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment for 7 nights. It was perfect. Had an amazing view and had everything we needed except a microwave but we made out fine without it. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. They helped make our trip more enjoyable. The beach is small but peaceful. We travelled the island a lot so we weren't there too much but we did snorkel there and it was good. Need to watch the currents. The grocery store was a 5 minute drive. We would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank amcdona
Reviewed 11 January 2017

It's tough getting a place to stay in St Lucia on Old Year's day so we were lucky to get this apartment - which I do not regret at all. Very Clean surroundings. Quiet - although its located on the road once you are in your apartment your hardly notice it. Not a 4 or 5 star hiotel but homely.The cleanliness of our apartment, warmth of the owner and her grandchildren were greatly appreciated . You have basically all you need (at least we did in the apartment that we stayed in - and if you miss anything just ask). Merlyn is a lovely person - warm, accommodating - will run you to the supermarket and other places if needed once it fits in to her busy schedule. Lovely views of the sea and sunsets although there is a small beach it can be tricky as it's stony. . It's on the same road with the airport in Vigie which has a lovely beach across the road within walking distance of Casa Del Vega. If you like walking you can walk out to the main road where you can get a minivan (taxi) to go to town or Rodney Bay etc.
Did I mention that there was a small restaurant that did breakfast for a reasonable sum?

Merlyn, You're the best!! I dont think there's enough space here for me to write a full review.

We loved our stay and plan to visit again ..... Best of everything!! Hello to Jordan!

Room Tip: maybe something with a patio/balcony? the one bedroom off the flight of stairs by the office was quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blessedlady2015
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I stayed in this hotel as I had a connection flight to Barbados so we stayed the night there. If you keep in mind that it is very quaint, and you can hear everything that happens in the other rooms then you can possibly be ok spending the night here. The great thing is that it has complimentary airport transportation to the airport nearby, which you can also reach walking.

Room Tip: try to reserve with enough time
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo