Apartment Espoir(Castries)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$57
Poinsettia Villa Apartments(Castries)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$160
US$140
Orbitz.com
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$314
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$333
All reviewsguest houseprivate beachsunset loungeclose to the airportrodney baycastries airportplace to stayseparate kitchencommon roomst luciawithin walking distanceocean viewmerlynapartmentstopoversnorkelingrates
Reviewed 20 May 2016

This casa exist of several rooms and 4 rooms share a luxery lounge and kitchen; the casa is nearby the airport in Castries on a peninsula, nearby some embassies and the beach; snorkeling is even possible on the own pebble beach; in the morning and in the afternoon there is a minibus to the capital for 1 1/2 EC; there is AC, it is very quiet, the owner is very helpful (the restaurant is closed) and there are no restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: the room nearby the lounge/kitchen is the best
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jakob B
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Casa Del Vega is a beautifully located guest house that sits on sloping land on the Vigie peninsular overlooking the entrance to Castries Harbour. This gives you a view of fishing boats, yachts, ferries, cargo ships and cruise liners coming and going.The grounds are planted in a variety of local fruit trees and you access the sand and pebble beach via a stone staircase through this garden. The rocky underwater features should interest snorklers.

This is a family guest house developed and added to over the years so the rooms vary in size and 'here and there' location within the property. There are three small standard rooms that open out onto a passage/verandah facing inland without views. But guests here can use the main lounge and beautiful communial porch overlooking the bay and each one has a TV, a small fridge and electric kettle. There is a convenient cold water fountain in the main lounge.There are also four studios with kitchenettes and three apartments of two, three and five rooms each with kitchens.

I came for the weekend from a neighbouring island and had a good time. It was nice to start the day with a hearty breakfast with a choice of eggs, coffee, juice, meats and salad and cereal, prepared on one of the open dining areas by the charming hostess Marvlyn Compton who is a font of island information and advice.

Being in an up-market housing area it is quiet and peaceful with easy walks to the historic barracks and gun emplacements nearby and to the scenic Vigie lighthouse up on the hill. It may be too quet and out of the way for some, but you can easily order a taxi or rent a car to go to the more active spots if that's what you want. Or if you want an action-packed party time this simply may not be the place for you and you should be at Rodney Bay!

Walk about 400 meters to the French and Venezuelan Embassies and there is 'Friends Cafe' which serves great snack lunches and sandwiches. At my request they wrapped an order for me to have as dinner later on. A little further down the hill and you get to the airport terminal facilities and bar or try out the beach bars and swim on lovely Vigie beach.I actually did not go beyong this peninsular for the whole weekend, but then again I wanted peaceful relaxation!

Remember in your assessment that this is a family guest house, not a four star resort, and naturally the amenities are the simple essentials but they are clean and the small number of staff are polite and keen to help.

Room Tip: Studio rooms and appartments with views overlooking the bay would be best but the small standard rooms share a communual porch.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Lennox H
Reviewed 1 March 2016

You feel at home staying here, and can get an airport pick up for the 5min drive. this is a good choice for an overnight or a base once you have a car to move around. room was very very simple but fine for me. i would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

I wish I had more to say about Case del Vega. We arrived at 9pm off the ferry from Dominica and left at 7:30am en route to Soufriere.

So if you are looking for a quick overnight place to stay as a layover. Don't stay here. It was a longish taxi ride from the ferry. Not worth it.

However, I can say I wish I stayed longer. The view was amazing, the rooms clean and comfortable, the people really nice. I think we would have been happy here for a longer stay.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2016

I would like to start by thinking each one of the staff !!!! I am so grateful to have found this place to stay.

At first I landed at the Hewanorra Airport and I stayed in the south of St Lucia in another guesthouse. I wanted to go home after the second day.

Then somehow, after many tears and prayers, I ended up in Casa Del Vega!

Being a hotel management student, and an experienced hotel worker, I got to say WOW ! The care and the personalized service I received left me speechless! The hotel owner along with her grand children knew I was alone and they gave me extra care! It made me sad to leave!

The guesthouse is very well kept; the rooms are very clean and spacious; the restaurant is spotless and has an amazing view; everything around the house is tidy; and not to forget my favorite spot: the lounge which has this indescribable view of the sea.

The food in the restaurant is delicious and the girls working up there are so sweet and caring towards the guests. I will NEVER forget them!

The owner was always here for me when needed, even when I had booked a tour, she gave me a ride to where the boat was waiting for me. Again, I was overwhelmed by the care! Thank you soooooo much!

I have to say, this place is amazing! Not to forget the safety I felt when I was there! I recommend everyone to go there and especially young women traveling solo! They will take care of you until the very last second!

I will be coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!