Reviews (8 013)
4 827
1 885
4 827
1 885
All reviews sunset bluff butler service sandals regency la toc joe knows main pool our honeymoon butler suite pavilion restaurant piton restaurant cricketers pub st lucia piano bar two story private pool main building dinner reservations
714 - 719 of 8 014 reviews
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I was surprised about the condition of the room we were in. It needs to upgrading. I was unable to reach a mirror to blow dry my hair. I would bring your own with an extension cord. No plugs in the bathroom. The tub was falling apart. The tv didn’t work but they did come and exchange it. The bar area was very dusty and didn’t look like they have done a thorough cleaning. Didn’t realize the rooms were on a property that was so large and hilly. You need a shuttle to go everywhere. The staff were wonderful and the food was good. Our rooms were maintained and cleaned appropriately. We even had towel decorations on our bed. Unfortunately I left my toiletries at the airport hotel at home but was surprised they had full size shampoo, conditioner and body wash along with regular soap in the room. I was grateful for that! The bartenders did a wonderful job with keeping our glasses full and decent drinks. They have a daily newspaper that shows the activities at all 3 resorts are having. My only suggestion would be that they should list costs when applicable. Went to an activity and they wanted $25 to complete it. Was disappointed and embarrassed that I had to walk away because I didn’t have any money on me. Won’t go back. More because of the long day of traveling to get there. Was expecting more from a Sandals resort because of all the hype I’ve heard about.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank gwynzimmer
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We had a wonderful experience at Sandals La Toc. It was romantic, food was very good and excellent service. Everyone was really attentive to our needs. We would love to go back!!! It was relaxing and resort was very well taken care of.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank josiasarnau
Reviewed 7 December 2017

After all the hype of Sandals (TV ads, newspaper ads, internet, etc.....), I have to say I was very disappointed with our experience at Sandals La Toc. Clearly, the resort was old and obviously taken over by Sandals at some point in the last few years. Having booked Club Level.......I expected the experience to be outstanding. For us (and we travel the Caribbean twice each year), the experience at La Toc was average at best. Do not get me wrong, after all you are at a Sandals resort and the service and staff were outstanding. But La Toc is an old resort and it shows. Our Club Level (premium ground floor) room was nothing more than a Holiday Inn Express room with a nice bed. The beach was almost unusable........heavy surf the whole time we were there.......only the college kids braved the waves. As it was over New Years that we were there, the New Years Eve bash was outstanding (even though we knew we had to return to our Holiday Inn Express type Club Level room). Getting a lounge chair around the pool during the day was a joke.........the Butler level guests had their butlers grabbing the lounge chairs at 4:00 - 5:00 AM in the morning (I actually set the alarm the last day of our stay for 4:00 AM and when I got down to the pool 60% of the lounge chairs already had towels in nice little patterns on all the prime spots). If you are going to do Sandals La Toc.......spend the extra and go Butler Service.......as that seems to be the only way to get what you would expect for a premium vacation.

Room tip: Go Butler Service
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank jmurdoch2017
Jasmine J, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Hello there and thank you for your review of Sandals La Toc. We sincerely apologize that you found your visit disappointing. The experiences you describe are not characteristic of the level of service our team strives to provide and we are in deep regret that your visit was unsatisfactory. We continue to be committed to provide you and all of our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry therefore your feedback will be shared with our Executive Management Team and we hope you will return to visit in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Last month my wife and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary at Sandals Regency La Toc. We had a wonderful trip and the butlers assigned to us were excellent. Thank you Sidney and Don for making our trip an amazing experience!

Regency La Toc is a great place to unwind and get away from it all. The resort is built into the side of a bluff with various levels. Plenty of hills to climb for the physically fit and for those who are not, they have shuttles running all the time. Never an issue.They also have plenty of rooms in the main building that surround the pool. Plenty of room options to pick from. We were fortunate to stay in the millionaire suites on Sunset bluff (highly recommend). The views overlooking the cove, the beach, and the hotel grounds were amazing. We enjoyed a nice suite with our own infinity pool, hot tub and terrace. Very private! (Ask for room 821).

The general atmosphere is on the subdued side. Guest ranged from honeymooners and young couples, to the slightly older crowd (us), to the senior crowd. The resort provides nightly entertainment varying from live bands to Karaoke. If you are looking for a lively and loud nightclub/bar scene La Toc is not the place.

Amenities - like most Sandals non powered water sports are all included. Beach was nice and we did experienced a few days where the waves and undertow were quite strong. Reminded me of younger days when you rode the waves and were tossed about. But it only lasted 2 days. Otherwise pretty calm and the water was just the right temperature to cool you off from the intense heat but not shock your system. I like to walk the beach and I wished the beach was a bit longer, but still a very nice beach. It was not crowded. Most of the sunbathers were at the main pool. The resort had two additional pools that were located in various enclaves.

Restaurants - some better than others for dinner. Our meals got better each day. When we first we arrived we were tired and just wanted to grab a bite. We ate at the Italian restaurant (Armando's?). It was just OK not impressed. Next night was at Neptune's for Seafood, better but still just OK. The third night was at the Pavilion where we had a enjoyable surf and turf dinner. The fourth night was our anniversary night and we ate at La Toc's (French restaurant) and we had a wonderful meal. The wine paring went well with our entrée and desert. We had such a wonderful meal we made reservations for our last two nights. In between we ate at Pitons which served a Caribbean cuisine. We enjoyed the meal very much and went there the following night as well. We did forgo the Japanese and Sushi venues as we just were not in the mood. Breakfast buffet at the Pavilion was good, Armando's also served breakfast a la carte. We had lunch by the beach (Neptune's) or on the beach delivered by our butlers along with our favorite drink of the week BBC (Banana liquor with Baileys!).

Our day's were filled with sunbathing, reading our books on the beach, afternoon spa treatments and the occasional round of tennis. Tennis courts need some TLC. They were not in great shape. When we grew tired of the beach,we would retreat to our private paradise and enjoy our terrace, pool and hot tub. Had breakfast served on the terrace the morning of our anniversary and on our last day at the resort. A great way to enjoy breakfast with a fabulous view.

Throughout the resort the staff were extremely friendly and provided excellent service. Cannot say enough about the service. It was the right choice for us to spend a quiet 9 days celebrating out anniversary. We certainly would return.

Room tip: If the millionaire suites are in your budget asked for 821. It provided the most privacy and great views from atop Sunset Bluff
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in November having stayed 9 nights in another hotel on the island where we got married...so this was our honeymoon having left our children at the other hotel with family.

The hotel we had stayed in previously we were impressed with but arriving at La Toc blew us away!!! The difference in service levels is the most obvious when staying at a Sandals. All the staff are so polite, courteous and happy. From the Photoshop, bartenders, cleaners...Everyone!!

Food is amazing...did not have one bad meal and the roast beef with Yorkshire puddings was a nice touch on Sunday. The takeaway pizzas were a favourite with us too. Our favourite restaurant was probably La Toc..we went there on our last night and it felt very special...food was divine.

The resort is beautiful..and the entertainment was really varied.

We absolutely loved our time and really did not want to leave.

Big shout out to all the fabulous staff, they really do make it what it is...Ron, Tyler, Maggie, Alisha, Jon, Miguel, Johnson, Joanie...sorry if I've forgotten anyone!!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple