“Amazing!”

Sandals Regency La Toc
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 8 December 2017

My husband and I went to La Toc for our honeymoon and we had an amazing time.

The food was amazing. Our favourite was probably Kimonos because our cook was super entertaining and the food was amazing. All of the service was really good except for at the pub. They seemed very unorganized there and like they didn't care to be working. One night we went there after midnight and we got our food 45 minutes later, when there was literally no one there. When we got our food I got a salad and asked for utensils, which never came. I decided to just eat with my hands because I didn't want to wait there anymore. This was the ONLY bad thing I would have to say about the resort.

All of the people were extremely friendly. Jenny at the front desk was amazing. She showed us our room the first night and was super helpful and friendly during our entire stay. Zach, Miguel and John at the pool bar were so much fun and always happy to be there. Kevin was at the pool bar one day and he was awesome as well, he made me a "Madison Special" which was a little too good. Kim at the loyalty desk was so friendly, and remembered my name after meeting her one time. I could not get over how amazing the staff were here.

On our way home, we were in the airport when I realized that I forgot my cell phone in the taxi. I thought for sure that it was gone, but the people in the Sandals lounge were able to quickly track down the taxi driver (I didn't even know his name), and my phone was returned to me within 10 minutes of realizing I forgot it.

Overall, this was our first all inclusive trip and we have such high standards for any future trips we go on. It was absolutely amazing and I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MadisonNeale
Write a ReviewReviews (7 404)

98 - 102 of 7 404 reviews

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I was surprised about the condition of the room we were in. It needs to upgrading. I was unable to reach a mirror to blow dry my hair. I would bring your own with an extension cord. No plugs in the bathroom. The tub was falling apart. The tv didn’t work but they did come and exchange it. The bar area was very dusty and didn’t look like they have done a thorough cleaning. Didn’t realize the rooms were on a property that was so large and hilly. You need a shuttle to go everywhere. The staff were wonderful and the food was good. Our rooms were maintained and cleaned appropriately. We even had towel decorations on our bed. Unfortunately I left my toiletries at the airport hotel at home but was surprised they had full size shampoo, conditioner and body wash along with regular soap in the room. I was grateful for that! The bartenders did a wonderful job with keeping our glasses full and decent drinks. They have a daily newspaper that shows the activities at all 3 resorts are having. My only suggestion would be that they should list costs when applicable. Went to an activity and they wanted $25 to complete it. Was disappointed and embarrassed that I had to walk away because I didn’t have any money on me. Won’t go back. More because of the long day of traveling to get there. Was expecting more from a Sandals resort because of all the hype I’ve heard about.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank gwynzimmer
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We had a wonderful experience at Sandals La Toc. It was romantic, food was very good and excellent service. Everyone was really attentive to our needs. We would love to go back!!! It was relaxing and resort was very well taken care of.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank josiasarnau
Reviewed 7 December 2017

After all the hype of Sandals (TV ads, newspaper ads, internet, etc.....), I have to say I was very disappointed with our experience at Sandals La Toc. Clearly, the resort was old and obviously taken over by Sandals at some point in the last few years. Having booked Club Level.......I expected the experience to be outstanding. For us (and we travel the Caribbean twice each year), the experience at La Toc was average at best. Do not get me wrong, after all you are at a Sandals resort and the service and staff were outstanding. But La Toc is an old resort and it shows. Our Club Level (premium ground floor) room was nothing more than a Holiday Inn Express room with a nice bed. The beach was almost unusable........heavy surf the whole time we were there.......only the college kids braved the waves. As it was over New Years that we were there, the New Years Eve bash was outstanding (even though we knew we had to return to our Holiday Inn Express type Club Level room). Getting a lounge chair around the pool during the day was a joke.........the Butler level guests had their butlers grabbing the lounge chairs at 4:00 - 5:00 AM in the morning (I actually set the alarm the last day of our stay for 4:00 AM and when I got down to the pool 60% of the lounge chairs already had towels in nice little patterns on all the prime spots). If you are going to do Sandals La Toc.......spend the extra and go Butler Service.......as that seems to be the only way to get what you would expect for a premium vacation.

Room Tip: Go Butler Service
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jmurdoch2017
Jasmine J, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Hello there and thank you for your review of Sandals La Toc. We sincerely apologize that you found your visit disappointing. The experiences you describe are not characteristic of the level of service our team strives to provide and we are in deep regret that your visit was unsatisfactory. We continue to be committed to provide you and all of our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry therefore your feedback will be shared with our Executive Management Team and we hope you will return to visit in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Last month my wife and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary at Sandals Regency La Toc. We had a wonderful trip and the butlers assigned to us were excellent. Thank you Sidney and Don for making our trip an amazing experience!

Regency La Toc is a great place to unwind and get away from it all. The resort is built into the side of a bluff with various levels. Plenty of hills to climb for the physically fit and for those who are not, they have shuttles running all the time. Never an issue.They also have plenty of rooms in the main building that surround the pool. Plenty of room options to pick from. We were fortunate to stay in the millionaire suites on Sunset bluff (highly recommend). The views overlooking the cove, the beach, and the hotel grounds were amazing. We enjoyed a nice suite with our own infinity pool, hot tub and terrace. Very private! (Ask for room 821).

The general atmosphere is on the subdued side. Guest ranged from honeymooners and young couples, to the slightly older crowd (us), to the senior crowd. The resort provides nightly entertainment varying from live bands to Karaoke. If you are looking for a lively and loud nightclub/bar scene La Toc is not the place.

Amenities - like most Sandals non powered water sports are all included. Beach was nice and we did experienced a few days where the waves and undertow were quite strong. Reminded me of younger days when you rode the waves and were tossed about. But it only lasted 2 days. Otherwise pretty calm and the water was just the right temperature to cool you off from the intense heat but not shock your system. I like to walk the beach and I wished the beach was a bit longer, but still a very nice beach. It was not crowded. Most of the sunbathers were at the main pool. The resort had two additional pools that were located in various enclaves.

Restaurants - some better than others for dinner. Our meals got better each day. When we first we arrived we were tired and just wanted to grab a bite. We ate at the Italian restaurant (Armando's?). It was just OK not impressed. Next night was at Neptune's for Seafood, better but still just OK. The third night was at the Pavilion where we had a enjoyable surf and turf dinner. The fourth night was our anniversary night and we ate at La Toc's (French restaurant) and we had a wonderful meal. The wine paring went well with our entrée and desert. We had such a wonderful meal we made reservations for our last two nights. In between we ate at Pitons which served a Caribbean cuisine. We enjoyed the meal very much and went there the following night as well. We did forgo the Japanese and Sushi venues as we just were not in the mood. Breakfast buffet at the Pavilion was good, Armando's also served breakfast a la carte. We had lunch by the beach (Neptune's) or on the beach delivered by our butlers along with our favorite drink of the week BBC (Banana liquor with Baileys!).

Our day's were filled with sunbathing, reading our books on the beach, afternoon spa treatments and the occasional round of tennis. Tennis courts need some TLC. They were not in great shape. When we grew tired of the beach,we would retreat to our private paradise and enjoy our terrace, pool and hot tub. Had breakfast served on the terrace the morning of our anniversary and on our last day at the resort. A great way to enjoy breakfast with a fabulous view.

Throughout the resort the staff were extremely friendly and provided excellent service. Cannot say enough about the service. It was the right choice for us to spend a quiet 9 days celebrating out anniversary. We certainly would return.

Room Tip: If the millionaire suites are in your budget asked for 821. It provided the most privacy and great v...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
17,4 km away
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
#2 of 11 in Soufriere
1 303 reviews

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc? Share your experiences!