Apartment Espoir(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$59
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Poinsettia Villa Apartments(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$150
Orbitz.com
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$72
4 688
1 853
4 688
1 853
All reviewsbutler servicesunset bluffmain poolla tocsandals regencyjoe knowsour honeymoonbutler suitepavilion restaurantpiton restaurantcricketers pubst luciapiano barmain buildingprivate pooltwo storyocean view
3 333 - 3 338 of 7 810 reviews
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Let me just say that before we traveled to St. Lucia for our honeymoon, I was on Tripadvisor often to find out where to go and what to avoid. All I can say is that it can be helpful, but you need to experience it yourself and make the most of it. You will find yourself having a great time if you don't stress about it!

We took the redeye flight to Miami and arrived in St. Lucia around 3pm. We got upgraded to a private car from the airport because there were no other couples in our shuttle. It was awesome. Our driver even stopped to let us take pictures. Overall it took a little over an hour to get to the resort. We were greeted by amazing staff and escorted to our room. We by far got the best location. It was on the first floor right in front of the pool. We played a lot of Beat the Butler to snag the chairs right in front of our room. The room is exactly what we wanted, basic. All we wanted from the room was a place to shower and sleep. It was perfect.

We are big foodies and definitely had something to say about the restaurants. The pub and sushi are not worth eating at. The pub is a fun environment at night for drinks and wings, but I wouldn't go further than that. And sushi was very disappointing. All of the other restaurants were terrific. Kimono's and La Toc were great, be sure to make reservations as soon as you arrive! We found ourselves at Neptunes and Bella Napoli a lot for a quick lunch and Armando's for dinner. The pavilion had a great breakfast and lunch buffet. We traveled to the Halcyon for Kelly's Dockside and it was our favorite of the entire trip!

We did the Joe Knows tour and absolutely loved it! There is so much to know about St. Lucia and our crew was more than willing to share. We had such a blast!

We went into Castries one day to do some shopping and were very shocked at the prices of souvenirs. Be sure to negotiate as much as possible and check the exchange rate, we know we paid too much for some items.

Other than some knicks and knacks, we had such a relaxing honeymoon. It was everything we wanted and we were able to do so many things and meet so many great people. St. Lucia has so much to offer and I can't wait to go back.

Shout out to all the playmakers we hung out with: Dara, Dexter, Yannick, Raide! We had so much fun! And obviously our wonderful bartenders Lucas, Shane, Gibson, John, and of course, Mr. Wonderful George. We love you all and can't wait to see you again!

No Pressure, No Problem.

3  Thank lnsreilly
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2015

Thank you for your review of Sandals Regency La Toc. It's wonderful that you enjoyed your honeymoon trip to St. Lucia and enjoyed exploring a bit of St. Lucia together. Still, there seem to be a few aspects of our service that are in need of some improvement. Your suggestions will be shared with the resort management team for further review and we appreciate the time and effort taken to provide them. We hope to welcome you back in the future for a stay that will definitely exceed all of your expectations!

Reviewed 5 February 2015

My husband, myself and another couple spent a week at La Toc Jan. 11-18/15 and were not disappointed. This is our 9th Sandals visit (have not been to the same one twice) so we have many to compare to. We can honestly say that we have loved them all and this resort was no different. We really enjoyed taking advantage of the choice of restaurants on property. Our favourites were Neptunes and La Toc. La Toc requires a reservation so book as soon as you arrive as it does fill up quickly. Neptune's...we just enjoyed the fact that it was right over the water and a place to go when we needed some good comfort food.

The resort itself was well-maintained and offered many different room categories to suit everyone. The rooms on the bluffs offer amazing views and a quieter atmosphere. However, these rooms are a shuttle-ride away from the main parts of the resort. So if you are looking to keep to yourself and away from the action, these rooms are for you. We had walkout rooms around the main pool and just loved them. We like to be amongst the action and close to all activities, restaurants, etc. so these are the rooms we usually book.

The beach: Well, we knew going to La Toc that the beach was usually red-flagged and that watersports were not available most of the time. This may be a concern for those who like to snorkel, windsurf, paddleboard, etc. However, keep in mind that you can always go to the other 2 resorts to do these things. The Halcyon (15 min away) and the Grande (30 min away) are calmer and offer these activities. Also, a good opportunity to take advantage of the restaurants and activities they have to offer.

It is our belief that the people at these resorts really make the difference!! We loved the staff at Regency La Toc. Just to name a few:
Kervin - Snapshots Supervisor: We had the pleasure of meeting Kervin and his fiance, Donna, at Sandals Grande Antigua in 2013. They were newly engaged and sat with us at the Soon Come Back dinner for returning guests. Amazing, genuine couple!! We told them that we were booked for St. Lucia in 2015 and hoped to see them then. When we met up with Kervin at the Manager's Cocktail Party he greeted us with a big hug and remembered our names. Throughout our visit he made us feel welcome and we enjoyed catching up with him. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

Yvana and Dexter - Playmakers: These two individuals really went out of their way to keep us busy and entertained. We had the pleasure of having lunch with Dexter and learning more about him and the beautiful island of St. Lucia.

Germa - Server at Neptune's: Germa served us on a few different occasions and was the warmest, most attentive young girl. Her smile could brighten anyone's day!! We tried to have lunch with her but because of scheduling and management "loops" we were unable to. Hopefully we will be back soon and this will be possible. Keep up the good work, Germa!!

Tracy - Front Desk: Tracy was the most helpful, hard working girl!! Any time we had questions or requests, she did her best to answer and accommodate. All this with a sense of humour and a big smile!!

Ricky - Soon Come Back Desk: Ricky helped us book our future stay at a Sandals resort (as we always do while we are on property). He has visited most of the other resorts and was very helpful and a great source of information. He was always there to answer even unrelated questions we had!! A HUGE thank you to you, Ricky!! See you soon!!!

Wyndell - Photographer: We had Wyndell take our pictures on a few occasions and what a pleasure!! I really don't like my photo being taken but you always made it fun!! Won't forget that smile anytime soon!!

Kevin Clarke - Hotel Manager: We really enjoyed speaking with Kevin throughout our stay. He was always around the resort, greeting guests and helping out where needed. It was really nice to see him serving coffee at breakfast and just being accessible to all...great job Kevin!!

We WILL be back to Sandals La Toc someday!!

Reviewed 4 February 2015

We went to the Regency La Toc because we wanted to go to a Sandals in St. Lucia and it was well priced. We were not disappointed but we weren't WOWED! The food was great and there was lots of selection of restaurants and different foods at the buffett. We never had a hard time getting a drink as it wasn't too crowded. There was only an evening shows/entertainment one night (Friday), which was lacking from other resorts we have been to. The beach was disappointing because the waves were HUGE and would knock you over if you tried to go in. The red flag was up for the whole week, but it was relaxing watching the waves crash up on the shore. The resort was quite hilly so we got a work out walking to our room as it took a while for shuttles sometimes. It was great that we could go to the other Sandals resorts as their beaches (Halcyon and Grande) were different and the water was more relaxing. Make sure you claim a seat at the pool or ocean early as the butlers claim the best chairs for their clients. Also, be sure to make reservations at the restaurants for the week as soon as you get there, before they are full.

Room Tip: We didn't have a butler so we had to walk the hills, but it looked like having a butler to shuttle you around and claim the best seats at the pool would be nice!
1  Thank Strawberry1220
Reviewed 4 February 2015

My wife, I and another couple stayed at La Toc for a week in January.

The ride from the airport was just over an hour and not that bad. The driver was very good. Can't say the same thing about the ride back to the airport. The driver must have thought he was trying out for nascar. The managers from Sandals should ride in the vans to see how they drive.

About the room. We stayed in room 135, it's a walk out to the garden and about 10 cats. The room was dark and needs a lot of updating. I've stayed in better rooms at hotels along I95. I do have to say, it was in a good spot to get to everything.

About the pool. Believe everything you read about getting chairs. If you are not out to get a chair by 6:30 am, your not getting a chair by the pool because the butlers have taken them all. I love the pictures of the pool from Sandals, they show about 10 chairs around the pool. They are about 100 and no room to move.

About the beach. It was red flagged 6 out of the 7 days. No swimming or water sports. Sandals should give a refund when you can't do any of the water sports that we are paying for. They tell you about all the water sports but you can't do any of them at La Toc.

About the food. The food was just ok in all the restaurants but La Toc, it was very good.

About the spa. OVER PRICED and just ok. If you booked your vacation with the spa credit make sure you receive it. I've been home for almost 2 weeks and still waiting for it. They keep telling me they are working on it. I'll update this review to let people know if I receive it or not.

Would we go back? NO. I've stayed at better places for a lot less money.

Sandals does great with its marketing pictures because the beach and pool area do not look like the pictures.

Remember, if you going to La Toc for the beach and water sports, I would look to go someplace else.

Send me a message if you have any questions about the resort.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank kevinjody
Reviewed 4 February 2015

The Resort was very nice the only issue was the beach. You could not go in the water it was to rough.

I was not at all thrilled with Ricky at the Soon Come Back desk. He didn't seem very interested in me right from the first time I met him when I was inquiring about booking another trip. He was only interested in my friend sitting next to me. Really didn't hear anything I said to him and made me feel like I was nobody ( i was not happy ). My friend did book another trip with him and after that whenever he would see us he always made it a point to speak to her and again I was nobody. Listening is the best form of communication and as far as I am concern Ricky needs some additional training to help him with customer relations because he did not hear anything I said to him. He had no idea if I was going to book a trip or not and after the way I felt I wouldn't have booked with him no matter what he was offering or the deals were.

Room Tip: We had a walk out and it was really nice. The pool was right there and the restaurant was close for morning coffee.