“Great kayaking trip!”

St Lucia Kayak Fishing Tour
US$85,00*
St Lucia Snorkeling and Marigot Bay Kayaking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Get the opportunity to explore the ultimate natural beauty of St. Lucia. We provide a truly Caribbean kayaking experience. Explore what nature has to offer with your kayaking tour.Our tours uses expedition touring kayaks and sit on top units all with rudders and storage hatches. Tours comprises a training component especially for the use of the decked units. The tour can include Marigot Bay which runs along the sheltered west coast of the island into the Roseau River or Pigeon Island where you can kayak, snorkel and visit the historical Fort Rodney.
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed the Marigot Bay to Roseau River kayak! The pace was laid back which allowed you to truly enjoy the amazing scenery. The stop at the Roseau Beach was great. We really enjoyed!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We took this trip on a good day when the wind and waves weren't too strong. On rougher days they can just do the lagoon and river tour, which would also be great. Andre was a great guide and gave us lots of safety and technique tips. He has lots of knowledge of the environment and pointed out lots of different animals and plants. He was there to point us in the right direction. The lagoon was my favourite bit, very peaceful and like going back in time to prehistoric years.

As some of the other reviews said wear strong sun cream. They have lockers in the office for valuables or dry bags to take on the kayaks.

A great day out and one of my highlights from visiting St Lucia.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We did not enjoy this tour at all. DFH Tours was very disorganized. A Pontoon boat took us back and forth to get gear and get checked in to start the tour, but that took 45 minutes itself and since the ocean was rough and the tour starts inside a cove we had to load into a van to get to the landing point to get in the river to avoid the rough water, which was understandable, but the river was dirty, lots of floating trash, and we did not see much of anything. Certainly not what we expected for a kayak tour.

This tour was expected to be around 2.5 hours but took over 5 because of the transporting us back and forth to get connected with the tour guide, get our gear, and get transported to the landing spot at the river. Then they struggled to get our kayaks to shore, they had to pull them over to shore with a boat due to the rough water, but no one could figure out how to pull them to shore so we could start on the river. We stood around for close to an hour before getting into the kayaks just to be disappointed on the view. Our intial plans were to do two excursions that day and glad we did not have anything else booked or we would not have made it.

We did get fresh coconut milk and coconut meat, along with raisin bread, at the end but again stood around waiting for the van to take us back to get our belongings.

One of our guides, Diaz, was great. He was very friendly, informative and courteous. No one else was very friendly, unfortunately.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

The last stop of our week long cruise was on St. Lucia and the best adventure of the week, without a doubt, was the kayaking trip along the coast and up the river with DFH Kayaking. Our guide Andre was very knowledgeable of the local ecology and the other guide Vanessa was friendly and warm. I highly recommend this excursion for anyone visiting this beautiful island.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I joined two others for the Marigot Bay - Roseau River kayaking experience. We received a thorough briefing and then were allocated kayaks to suit our height and build and were taken out by our guide, who was lovely, thorough and very knowledgeable. In order to access the river section of the trip, you have to land the kayaks on a beach around the headland and then carry/drag them just a few yards over to the river. Unfortunately on the day the water was perhaps choppier than usual (many speedboats in the area creating more chop perhaps) and two members of our group capsized the kayaks as we came in. (I was one of the unlucky ones who got wet!) We then continued through the river section and into the lagoon (which is stunning) and then had to launch the kayaks again from the same beach to get back to Marigot Bay. So in total you have 2 launches and 2 landings to do to complete this circuit, one very much more active than the other.

To be clear, in no way do I hold anyone at DFH remotely responsible for capsizing the kayak - this was down to my inexperience and simple bad luck. However, I simply wish to make the point that one should always be aware of the environment and what may potentially (however rarely) happen - so I would like to make the following suggestions. Wear factor 50 sunblock (factor 30 wasn't enough for 3.5 hours on open water for 2 pasty Brits - and don't forget your legs.) You will get wet - don't bring your phone. (I wanted to take some photos - and I was very lucky that my iPhone still worked after a proper dunking in the sea!) if you take sunglasses, have a tether in case they come off. My lovely Bolle sunnies are still in the sea somewhere. Bring a hat and some confidence and you will have a brilliant time. I would absolutely do it again.