“Best Adventure of the Week Long Cruise”
Review of DFH Kayaking

St Lucia Kayak Fishing Tour
US$85,00*
St Lucia Snorkeling and Marigot Bay Kayaking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Get the opportunity to explore the ultimate natural beauty of St. Lucia. We provide a truly Caribbean kayaking experience. Explore what nature has to offer with your kayaking tour.Our tours uses expedition touring kayaks and sit on top units all with rudders and storage hatches. Tours comprises a training component especially for the use of the decked units. The tour can include Marigot Bay which runs along the sheltered west coast of the island into the Roseau River or Pigeon Island where you can kayak, snorkel and visit the historical Fort Rodney.
Reviewed 8 March 2017

The last stop of our week long cruise was on St. Lucia and the best adventure of the week, without a doubt, was the kayaking trip along the coast and up the river with DFH Kayaking. Our guide Andre was very knowledgeable of the local ecology and the other guide Vanessa was friendly and warm. I highly recommend this excursion for anyone visiting this beautiful island.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I joined two others for the Marigot Bay - Roseau River kayaking experience. We received a thorough briefing and then were allocated kayaks to suit our height and build and were taken out by our guide, who was lovely, thorough and very knowledgeable. In order to access the river section of the trip, you have to land the kayaks on a beach around the headland and then carry/drag them just a few yards over to the river. Unfortunately on the day the water was perhaps choppier than usual (many speedboats in the area creating more chop perhaps) and two members of our group capsized the kayaks as we came in. (I was one of the unlucky ones who got wet!) We then continued through the river section and into the lagoon (which is stunning) and then had to launch the kayaks again from the same beach to get back to Marigot Bay. So in total you have 2 launches and 2 landings to do to complete this circuit, one very much more active than the other.

To be clear, in no way do I hold anyone at DFH remotely responsible for capsizing the kayak - this was down to my inexperience and simple bad luck. However, I simply wish to make the point that one should always be aware of the environment and what may potentially (however rarely) happen - so I would like to make the following suggestions. Wear factor 50 sunblock (factor 30 wasn't enough for 3.5 hours on open water for 2 pasty Brits - and don't forget your legs.) You will get wet - don't bring your phone. (I wanted to take some photos - and I was very lucky that my iPhone still worked after a proper dunking in the sea!) if you take sunglasses, have a tether in case they come off. My lovely Bolle sunnies are still in the sea somewhere. Bring a hat and some confidence and you will have a brilliant time. I would absolutely do it again.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

I went by myself ,but 4 of us kayaked, good for couples and teens, adults
I don't think this is for young kids ,or not so strong swimmers , we left from marigolds bay small sandy beach went along the coast for half hour or so to a small bay , which we had to go in , the surf was up and I capsized as well as a girl with us , we both lost our sunglasses , her phones got soaked , so I wouldn't take expensive gear .. Just in case !!
After getting to the beach we had to move our kayak s to the river about 20 mtrs
It took about 10 minutes to get over the loss of my sunnies, but we had a good trip up a small river to the bridge , then back to a nice lagoon and through some mango trees ,
All this took say 2 hours which was lovely , back to the beach and into the sea for the rowing back ,
Make sure you got plenty or suntan cream on as I got burnt and some water all in all a good trip ,but please be cautious as a swimmer as this is not for weak swimmers or those who don't like the sea too much , just in case you capsize Or are a little overwhelmed by being 50-100 mts out , however if you go have a great time

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Our group of six took this excursion from our cruise ship on January 31, 2017.

We were picked up promptly near the cruise ship at the assigned time and driven over to Marigot Bay to take a little ferry over to the companies site.

We were briefed on safety and given our equipment. They were very thorough with explaining the ins and outs of kayaking.

Off we went into the ocean and along the beautiful rock wall area near the bay. Their kayaks are comfortable, and we loved everything about that part of it.

Eventually we landed on a beach and our guide, with the help of a local on the beach, took the kayaks over the sand and to the river which was just a little inland.

I know there is no way to have control of local people, so this is not the companies issue at all, but the two men there were rather bothering to all of us, and one man especially to a young single girl that had taken this tour as her boyfriend did something else.

I am sure it rather put a damper on her time with the tour.

Once we were back in the kayaks again everything was beautiful and enjoyable.
I loved this tour accept for our time on that stretch of beach, which should have been
a highlight. This may not happen regularly on this tour, so keep that in mind.

It was a glorious day of sun and heat and beauty, what more could anyone ask for.

Upon return we were taken back by ferry and then van to the cruise ship.

A wonderful day all in all!

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We have been to DFH twice to do the coastal kayak adventure and it has been brilliant both times. They are so safety conscience but don't think that will spoil the fun, it doesn't.

The equipment is first rate and the guide very good. They check you out first and then happy to proceed at your pace.

A great day out, drifting through a mangrove swamp seeing nature close up as gentle paddling doesn't cause the local wildlife to run for cover like a motor would.

Couple this with a short sea trek, sticking close to the cliffs and it makes for a very memorable day out.

All this set against the back drop of Marigot Bay, a sight worth the visit on it's own.