“Wonderful time spent kayaking!”
Review of DFH Kayaking

St Lucia Kayak Fishing Tour
US$105,00*
St Lucia Snorkeling and Marigot Bay Kayaking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Get the opportunity to explore the ultimate natural beauty of St. Lucia. We provide a truly Caribbean kayaking experience. Explore what nature has to offer with your kayaking tour.Our tours uses expedition touring kayaks and sit on top units all with rudders and storage hatches. Tours comprises a training component especially for the use of the decked units. The tour can include Marigot Bay which runs along the sheltered west coast of the island into the Roseau River or Pigeon Island where you can kayak, snorkel and visit the historical Fort Rodney.
Reviewed 9 February 2017

Our group of six took this excursion from our cruise ship on January 31, 2017.

We were picked up promptly near the cruise ship at the assigned time and driven over to Marigot Bay to take a little ferry over to the companies site.

We were briefed on safety and given our equipment. They were very thorough with explaining the ins and outs of kayaking.

Off we went into the ocean and along the beautiful rock wall area near the bay. Their kayaks are comfortable, and we loved everything about that part of it.

Eventually we landed on a beach and our guide, with the help of a local on the beach, took the kayaks over the sand and to the river which was just a little inland.

I know there is no way to have control of local people, so this is not the companies issue at all, but the two men there were rather bothering to all of us, and one man especially to a young single girl that had taken this tour as her boyfriend did something else.

I am sure it rather put a damper on her time with the tour.

Once we were back in the kayaks again everything was beautiful and enjoyable.
I loved this tour accept for our time on that stretch of beach, which should have been
a highlight. This may not happen regularly on this tour, so keep that in mind.

It was a glorious day of sun and heat and beauty, what more could anyone ask for.

Upon return we were taken back by ferry and then van to the cruise ship.

A wonderful day all in all!

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We have been to DFH twice to do the coastal kayak adventure and it has been brilliant both times. They are so safety conscience but don't think that will spoil the fun, it doesn't.

The equipment is first rate and the guide very good. They check you out first and then happy to proceed at your pace.

A great day out, drifting through a mangrove swamp seeing nature close up as gentle paddling doesn't cause the local wildlife to run for cover like a motor would.

Couple this with a short sea trek, sticking close to the cliffs and it makes for a very memorable day out.

All this set against the back drop of Marigot Bay, a sight worth the visit on it's own.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I kayaked with DFH while in St. Lucia. Andre picked us up at our resort on time and, after picking his business partner (wife) up, we proceeded to Marigot Bay. Marlin, our guide, was professional, knowledgeable, and an excellent guide. We kayaked along the coast with amazing views. Marlin taught us how to land on a beach without being overturned in the waves. Afterwards we kayaked through mangrove forest and then up the Rouseau River for a distance. Overall we had a very enjoyable trip and can't thank Andre, Sam, and Marlin enough. Check out DFH Kayaking while in St. Lucia. You will love it.

1  Thank ArtPhemister
Reviewed 24 August 2016

My husband, teenage son and I went coastal and river kayaking with Andre last year, and were so impressed that we returned to do the trip again. We booked in resort (St James's Club, Morgan Bay) and were collected and driven to Marigot Bay to set out around the coast. As the only 3 people on the trip, and because we had been before, we went along the coast to the north first, before heading back south across Marigot to the Roseau River, and into the lagoon. With the backdrop of palm trees and mangroves, a lack of any modern-day sounds, and frigates wheeling overhead like pterodactyls, it's like stepping back in time (cue Jurassic Park music.) Andre is very knowledgeable about the wildlife, and was there to answer any questions, but let us go at our own pace so we could take time to appreciate the views. The waves were a bit bigger than last time, and we did have a couple of heavy showers while we were out, but this is tropical weather, so no problem. Andre spent time explaining what line to take going back out of the river, to avoid being broadsided by the waves, and we all made it safely back out around the coast. My experience of kayaking is limited to these two trips and, as a 50-something, not very fit person who's not particularly confident on water, I managed fine - preferring a single kayak - and loved the experience. The hardest bit is taking photos of the boys without drifting off into the trees or onto the rocks! I would definitely recommend this trip and, if your resort only offers one option, as ours did, contact DFH direct to see how they can tailor something to your requirements.

1  Thank weefimcc
Reviewed 14 March 2016

I was with a group of six people that took part in the kayaking/snorkeling trip out of Marigot Bay. Most of us had not snorkeled or kayaked before and the crew knew this and took good care to make sure that we were set before entering the water. We were lucky to have Terry as our snorkel and kayaking guide--this is a career that he is meant to do. His passion for the island and nature really shown through in all that he taught us. We stopped at two spots for snorkeling-one up the coast from Marigot Bay and then in Anse Cochon and were able to see such a variety of fish and coral--so beautiful. Our captain had a delicious lunch for us between the snorkeling trips--a taste of Saint Lucia. After the snorkeling, we kayaked from Marigot Bay along the picturesque coast, stopped at a beach and carried our kayaks into a lagoon where we continued the kayaking adventure. The scenery was breathtaking. I can only hope that I am am able to travel back to Saint Lucia in my lifetime and if I do--I am certain that we will be booking an excursion with DFH Kayaking again!

1  Thank mandangela