“Kayaking in St. Lucia”

St Lucia Kayak Fishing Tour
US$105,00*
St Lucia Snorkeling and Marigot Bay Kayaking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Get the opportunity to explore the ultimate natural beauty of St. Lucia. We provide a truly Caribbean kayaking experience. Explore what nature has to offer with your kayaking tour.Our tours uses expedition touring kayaks and sit on top units all with rudders and storage hatches. Tours comprises a training component especially for the use of the decked units. The tour can include Marigot Bay which runs along the sheltered west coast of the island into the Roseau River or Pigeon Island where you can kayak, snorkel and visit the historical Fort Rodney.
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I kayaked with DFH while in St. Lucia. Andre picked us up at our resort on time and, after picking his business partner (wife) up, we proceeded to Marigot Bay. Marlin, our guide, was professional, knowledgeable, and an excellent guide. We kayaked along the coast with amazing views. Marlin taught us how to land on a beach without being overturned in the waves. Afterwards we kayaked through mangrove forest and then up the Rouseau River for a distance. Overall we had a very enjoyable trip and can't thank Andre, Sam, and Marlin enough. Check out DFH Kayaking while in St. Lucia. You will love it.

1  Thank ArtPhemister

Reviewed 24 August 2016

My husband, teenage son and I went coastal and river kayaking with Andre last year, and were so impressed that we returned to do the trip again. We booked in resort (St James's Club, Morgan Bay) and were collected and driven to Marigot Bay to set out around the coast. As the only 3 people on the trip, and because we had been before, we went along the coast to the north first, before heading back south across Marigot to the Roseau River, and into the lagoon. With the backdrop of palm trees and mangroves, a lack of any modern-day sounds, and frigates wheeling overhead like pterodactyls, it's like stepping back in time (cue Jurassic Park music.) Andre is very knowledgeable about the wildlife, and was there to answer any questions, but let us go at our own pace so we could take time to appreciate the views. The waves were a bit bigger than last time, and we did have a couple of heavy showers while we were out, but this is tropical weather, so no problem. Andre spent time explaining what line to take going back out of the river, to avoid being broadsided by the waves, and we all made it safely back out around the coast. My experience of kayaking is limited to these two trips and, as a 50-something, not very fit person who's not particularly confident on water, I managed fine - preferring a single kayak - and loved the experience. The hardest bit is taking photos of the boys without drifting off into the trees or onto the rocks! I would definitely recommend this trip and, if your resort only offers one option, as ours did, contact DFH direct to see how they can tailor something to your requirements.

1  Thank weefimcc
Reviewed 14 March 2016

I was with a group of six people that took part in the kayaking/snorkeling trip out of Marigot Bay. Most of us had not snorkeled or kayaked before and the crew knew this and took good care to make sure that we were set before entering the water. We were lucky to have Terry as our snorkel and kayaking guide--this is a career that he is meant to do. His passion for the island and nature really shown through in all that he taught us. We stopped at two spots for snorkeling-one up the coast from Marigot Bay and then in Anse Cochon and were able to see such a variety of fish and coral--so beautiful. Our captain had a delicious lunch for us between the snorkeling trips--a taste of Saint Lucia. After the snorkeling, we kayaked from Marigot Bay along the picturesque coast, stopped at a beach and carried our kayaks into a lagoon where we continued the kayaking adventure. The scenery was breathtaking. I can only hope that I am am able to travel back to Saint Lucia in my lifetime and if I do--I am certain that we will be booking an excursion with DFH Kayaking again!

1  Thank mandangela
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Had a great local guide, and went with another couple in a pair of double kayaks. Would recommend doubles for couples, especially if one is less confident in kayaking. Can be a bit choppy in the sea portion, could be scary for a novice, but the river part was lovely and nice seeing the local birdlife.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

The only part of the kayaking that was coastal was when we left/returned Marigot Bay and then when we got to/leaving Anse Cochon. Only one of the two double kayak was offered a ride back by boat. We are active and felt in condition for this excursion. The amount of water we were taking on inside our kayak due to large waves made it even more difficult to maneuver. We will stick with scuba diving and/or snorkeling, as the price for this tour was more costly and definitely not worth the experience.