“Luxury Relaxation and Pampering in Beachside Garden of Eden”
Review of Rendezvous Resort

Rendezvous Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 16 January 2016

If you are looking for a luxurious and quiet getaway for two, this is your destination. We arrived on New Year's Day and spent a glorious week at Rendezvous. This resort is perfect in every way--from the wonderful food to the beautiful grounds to the fantastic friendly and attentive staff. No kidding--it looks as beautiful in real life as in the photos. We visited the spa every day in the late afternoon and were treated to fantastic massages and luxury treatments. The biggest decisions we had to make every day were 1) whether we wanted to sit by one of the pools, select a chair on the beach, or stake out a secret hideaway in the Garden of Eden, and 2) which wonderful restaurant to book for dinner (our favorite turned out to be the beachside restaurant, Malabar). The rest of the time we sat in the sun and read books, which is exactly what we wanted to do far away from work, kids, and home. To celebrate our 27th anniversary, we booked a sunset cruise and had Karen arrange a private candlelit dinner in the gazebo. We heard from the staff that many British guests stay for 2 weeks while most of us Americans only stay a week. We think the British have it right--we plan to return next winter and stay twice as long.

Stayed: January 2016
4  Thank muffyt
Write a ReviewReviews (2 633)

490 - 494 of 2 633 reviews

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

First, let me say that my husband and I have never done an all-inclusive resort on any of our vacations. Second, we were only here for two days on our way to Gros Islet. Third, Rendezvous spoiled us entirely and now we wish we had just stayed here for the rest of our trip. The property is small but modern and lovely. The customer service is impeccable. Tony, the gentleman who greeted us as soon as we checked in, was extremely warm, helpful and friendly. The food was pretty good for an all-inclusive; we did not have any complaints. The beach is small but it's well maintained with a great view. We loved it here and will hopefully be back again. I know some reviews of this place weren't favorable but we stayed at Rendezvous post renovations and we so impressed. The staff knows how to make you feel welcome with all these small touches. We highly recommend this place. And please say hello to Tony when you're there.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jodmantis
Reviewed 14 January 2016

I can honestly say that I have never experienced service like it. The people are lovely and go out of their way to make your stay memorable. I spent Christmas here with my daughter and we were truly pampered. The resort is beautiful and the quality of the accommodation and the food were fantastic. There is plenty to do if you want to (we didn't!!) and you don't feel at all pressured to join in with anything you don't want to. Our mission was to 'chill out' and we were ably assisted by Trevor, who delivered a tempting array of smoothies, juices and smoothies directly to our sun bed!! I was slightly concerned that we would be outnumbered by honeymooners at this 'romantic retreat' but I needn't have worried. There was a really good mix of lovely people which, combined with the attentiveness of the staff, generated a warm and relaxed atmosphere from the start. We loved everything; the ice cool towels and cocktails on arrival, the superb array of a la carte food and just about everything you might think of - I would definitely go back! The Rendezvous is fabulous!

Room Tip: They are all beautiful!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Helen D
General-Managers1, General Manager at Rendezvous Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Dear Helen D,

Thank you for taking to review you recent holiday with us at Rendezvous. Your comments are much appreciated and we are delighted that we have exceeded you expectations.

We are looking forward to hosting you again.

Best Regards,

Yhasmine.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

A very warm welcome at this quality hotel. It is well managed and maintained. Top floor rooms have a lovely view and there are also beach rooms. Excellent food in the main restaurant with a fine dining experience adjacent. Wonderful staff in all. New beach eaterie best for lunch. "Good morning, how are you" will greet you each morning and nothing is too much trouble. Hotel sits on a nice if not receding beach. Not enough sun beds or parasols but problem in hand and the efficiency of this hotel would suggest it will not be a problem when you get there.
Two pools and a river experience, all very pleasant. Lovely grounds and garden. Great champagne bar opens at 7 and not a second before. Attentive and learned sommelier explains the daily treat. Main bar also very good and attentive service.Do not worry about the small airport nearby which has approx. 12 flights a day and is not a disturbance. I quite enjoyed it. Nice walk to the old lighthouse past the airport and up the hill. 10 min stroll into town. Plenty of shops and sights but grim and crowded when cruise ships are in. Do explore some of the island and I have no doubt you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Book top floor or beach rooms
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chivesdiners
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Are you looking for spoiling type of holiday ? Look no further ! I need to say that it was my first all inclusive experience. Usually I plan and move from place to place but this time it was all stationary ! I chose Rendezvous because it offers great variety of activities which are also inclusive on top of food and drinks and great service provided by awesome crew at Rendezvous. By the way... greetings for all the bar staff, you were there for me all the time ! So.. if you like doing all the water sports then it is a place for you definitely. Everyday after great breakfast you can use the hobby cat, windsurf, water ski, kayak and go scuba diving for which you don't need to pay anything extra. Additionally, there are many more activities offered everyday like archery, yoga, tennis, gym etc you can do if you stay sober enough ! You just can't be bored in Rendezvous. I need to mention great food. Fabulous breakfasts, especially eggs corner ! For dinner you get a choice of 3 different places to eat at so you can eat your dinner in style, on the beach or a buffet. Every time you will be offered a bottle of wine and fabulous desserts. Make sure to try the chocolate cake made out of local cocoa, ufff. We had phenomenal holiday ! Only thing I expected to be better was color of the water, it wasn't that clean all the time and did not have that famous turquoise color and please take mosquito repellent if you have a room in the back of the resort, there are mango trees where there are a lot of them so you always find them in your room. I regretted no taking an electric anti mosquito racket. Overall, Rendezvous is one of the best if not the best locally !

Stayed: November 2015
5  Thank Jan B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
20,3 km away
Sandals Regency La Toc
Sandals Regency La Toc
#4 of 12 in Castries
7 411 reviews

Been to Rendezvous Resort? Share your experiences!