If you are looking for a luxurious and quiet getaway for two, this is your destination. We arrived on New Year's Day and spent a glorious week at Rendezvous. This resort is perfect in every way--from the wonderful food to the beautiful grounds to the fantastic friendly and attentive staff. No kidding--it looks as beautiful in real life as in the photos. We visited the spa every day in the late afternoon and were treated to fantastic massages and luxury treatments. The biggest decisions we had to make every day were 1) whether we wanted to sit by one of the pools, select a chair on the beach, or stake out a secret hideaway in the Garden of Eden, and 2) which wonderful restaurant to book for dinner (our favorite turned out to be the beachside restaurant, Malabar). The rest of the time we sat in the sun and read books, which is exactly what we wanted to do far away from work, kids, and home. To celebrate our 27th anniversary, we booked a sunset cruise and had Karen arrange a private candlelit dinner in the gazebo. We heard from the staff that many British guests stay for 2 weeks while most of us Americans only stay a week. We think the British have it right--we plan to return next winter and stay twice as long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St Lucia