Auberge Seraphine
Casa del Vega(Castries)
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)
The Landing(Rodney Bay)
  • Beachfront
Sandals Regency La Toc(Castries)
Seaview Apartel(Castries)
Villa Beach Cottages(Castries)
View Hotel
All reviewsclose to townnice poolconvenient locationbusiness tripcruise linersan early flightminutes from the airportst luciasmall hotelbrown sugarlarge balconypoint seraphinedowntown castriestea and coffee making facilitiesthree nightsnice stayflat screen tv
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Needed a room late and had a personal commitment for the room. They over charged me by $60.00 usd and the room had spiders mosquitos, dirty bathroom, and floors. Personal had a bad attitudes, not nice at reception desk , bad place.
Stay away from this flop house.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank ewerthner
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Auberge Seraphine whilst on business. Service is a bit random, from reception to waiting staff. For example, need to switch a switch to have hot water, no one ever mentioned this on check-in, so cold shower on day 1. Breakfast is also an experience, as I was given a full breakfast menu, nothing was said. When I then ordered yoghurt, fresh fruit and croissant, I was told they didn't have any of those. The only thing they got was full English, eggs or pancakes. Not sure why they couldn't say that when they gave the menu, or not bother giving the long menu, as there was no point really.
Room was spacious but in many places it showed its age. Paint gone, poor repairs, a/c unit bits missing, etc.
As I was on business and not there to enjoy myself it was OK, but would be disappointed if I had booked this for a holiday.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We came here for lunch because Brown Sugar (which is delicious) was closed for lunch due to a private event. The food was ok not at all bad but nothing to write home about. The piña coladas were good. My only real complaint might be is that our food was not served hot and that's something I'm a bit of a stickler about but others may not mind. The location has a beautiful lily pad pond out front. Overall we would return again.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We were en route to another destination but had to cancel. The CSR at the Liat counter recommended Auberge Seraphine. It's minutes from the airport. Room 303 was clean, the A.C. worked perfectly, the king size bed was clean and comfortable. There was a flat screen TV, mini fridge, adequate storage, coffee /tea nook. Bathroom was clean, well lit, enough clean towels, shampoo and body wash. The verandah over looked the bay where the party boats were moored, a small pond, the entire front of the property and a large tree where egrets nested.The restaurant had odd opening hours, many dishes on the menu were not available. The restaurant staff carried out loud,annoying conversations among themselves even when they were serving guests!!.The barman was gruff and unfriendly. Although the airport was close by,we found Auberge Seraphine to peaceful and relaxing.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2017

The key advantage of this hotel for us was its close proximity to the airport at the north of the island. We had an early flight and our previous hotel was close to the Pitons, involving a long drive on very twisty roads in order to get to the north of the island for the airport. N.B. There are two airports on St Lucia. Intercontinental flights use the southern airport, with the northern airport mostly used for flights within the Caribbean. The hotel is literally right next to the airport. The taxi ride takes 10 minutes and literally consists of driving around the runway to get to the other side where the airport building is.

On arrival, the reception staff could not find our reservation, although I had a print-out confirming the reservation through Expedia. They found us a room anyway, but the confusion was a bit disconcerting after a long drive. We loved our room, but non-bird-lovers might not. Our balcony opened onto the front of the hotel, close to two trees where literally more than a hundred egrets were roosting. Now egrets are beautiful birds and fun to watch, but they didn't half make a racket as they were jostling for position. If you don't like birds or don't enjoy their noise, you might do well to avoid these rooms. The birds did settle down to sleep as darkness fell, though, so we were able to get our beauty sleep as well.

The restaurant, both for dinner and breakfast the next morning, was a bit random, with insufficient staff and organisation. Also, the credit card reader was out of order at dinner, so we ended up paying in cash, which we hadn't expected. The food was fine - nothing terrible but nothing to write home about either.

Would I stay here again? Faced with the same journey, probably. In a way, it was quite frustrating, as the hotel facilities were nice and it could be a really good hotel if it was run more efficiently. I wouldn't recommend staying other than for overnight stays in order to access the airport, though. There are plenty of nicer hotels in St Lucia. I should say, though, that the cost of the stay was quite reasonable, so I guess you get what you pay for. And the location was really exactly what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple