“Laidback Luxury on St. Barth”
OTHERS OTHERS
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
OTHERS
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Cathy K
Hudson Valley, NY
“Laidback Luxury on St. Barth”
Reviewed 5 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Villa Palm House was the perfect place to stay on St. Barth. We've vacationed there each April, taking advantage of the low season rates that kick in after April 15. We've stayed at large, high end rentals arranged through WIMCO. This year, we booked last minute with Pierre-Alex of Villa Vi St. Barth; he manages two properties on the island. I was comfortable before arriving because Pierre-Alex was very responsive via email to my questions. He met us at the airport and led the way to Villa Palm House which is located on a dead end in the very quiet, very local neighborhood of Anse des Lezards. The villa property consists of multiple buildings: an outdoor kitchen and deck, an air conditioned living room, and two air conditioned bedroom cottages. The buildings surround a lovely, deep plunge pool. The grounds are landscaped with mature palm trees and it feels very private, like an island oasis. I loved it immediately because you can hear and smell the surf. It's very soothing. The villa is pristinely clean and the kitchen, though small, was well equipped for our limited needs - we like to enjoy a French-style, simple breakfast in the morning and look forward to a late afternoon nibble of Brie and sausage. Because the restaurants on the island are so marvelous, we always eat lunch and dinner out. One bedroom is larger than the other and that was the one we chose to stay in - the mattress was incredibly comfortable and the linens, towels and toiletries were excellent quality. The villa's location was perfect. It was a quick drive into the main areas of St. Jean and Gustavia, and a 15-minute drive, max, to the island's many gorgeous beaches. If I had to nitpick, the living room furniture was not too comfortable for lounging in the evening to watch a few minutes of US satellite tv, but it's really a minor complaint since I hardly spent any time inside. My favorite spot was the small elevated deck off the kitchen. After a dip in the pool, I'd retreat to the chaise up there and read until my nap kicked in. The price was a very good value for the island which left me extra $$ for buying an outrageous bag in town. I highly recommend Villa Palm House for someone who's coming to St. Barth to enjoy the food, beaches, and friendly people who make every one of our stays special. If you're interested in "the scene" and flashing your money, look elsewhere.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The private location on the water's edge.
Liked least: The furniture arrangement in the living room.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing