“Celebrating 60!”
other traveller has booked this property
Large front porch Outdoor shower
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Large front porch
Outdoor shower
Pura Vida Floor Plan
All appliances, custom concrete countertop, ice maker
Wine bar and Sirius radio
Living Room
Master Bedroom King, TV, DVD with movies, Wii, Playstation
2nd Bedroom Queen, AC
3rd Bedroom 2 twin beds
Huge underneath bed storage, headboard nook
Dodge Durango SUV - Kid not included
2 Britax and 2 booster seats available
Esperanza Park and Playground 1 block from Pura Vida
Red Beach
The Malecon, one block walk from house
Red Beach
Blue Beach
A young foal, one of many roaming freely on Vieques
The malecon
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lrauers
home
“Celebrating 60!”
Reviewed 16 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

My sister and I decided that we would take a trip to Vieques to celebrate our 60th birthdays. We booked Pura Vida on the recommendation of my daughter who stayed there a couple of years ago. We had Joe, the manager, pick us up at the airport for a quick tour on the way to the house. He is a great guide with tons of suggestions about what to do (and what not to do). We rented the older Jeep from Jeff, which was great for getting down the bumpy roads to the best beaches. We had a minor issue (our fault, I think) with the car and Joe took care of it promptly. The house is very well equipped, plenty of chairs for the beach, cooler, even a beach umbrella that was a necessity for us. It's only a 5 minute walk to the Malecon or to the Green store, so location couldn't be better. The roosters are an issue, but you can mask the noise by turning on the airconditioner in the bedroom, I slept in the master bedroom and I can honestly say the bed was extremely comfortable. I enjoyed being in a "neighborhood" rather than away from the restaurants, bars, activity. The people are extremely friendly, you get to know them to say hello every morning. We also loved the horses, especially those that would come down the street in front of the house every day. The yard is fenced, there's a big covered porch and a nice little gazebo where we hung the hammock. You will be cautioned about petty theft on the island but we never felt unsafe or uncomfortable. I would recommend Pura Vida for it's super location and the ease of having a rental car on site. Also, our deposit was back in my account by the end of the day we left the island. Jeff is great to do business with and Joe will take care of everthing while you're there. It's really paradise.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: having to leave the island and return to the real world
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
PA
Reviewed 2 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
2 Jul 2012
Thank you for the glowing reply, we are so glad you enjoyed your vacation and delighted we could be a part of it. Whenever you wish to return to Vieques, we will be glad to host you again. Thank you again!
Jeff

union dale pa
Reviewed 16 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Management Response
16 Apr 2012
Thank you for the review Ann Marie. You are spot on about everything about Vieques and Pura Vida. We could not have said it better.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing