“Absolutely Beautiful”
other traveller has booked this property
Spacious private grounds with a lovely ocean view  Back view shows casita off patio
A beautiful ocean view and cool breezes A large veranda provides a great eating space with ocean view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
A beautiful ocean view and cool breezes
A large veranda provides a great eating space with ocean view
A complete kitchen with 2 refrigerators, washer dryer, everything you need to prepare a great meal.
This sunny full bath is located in the main cottage
Living room has flat screen tv, Roku with netflix, etc. and free WIFI
Our comfortable master bedroom provides a king bed and A/C
The cozy second bedroom holds a queen bed and A/C
Our private casita has a full bed and full bath plus A/C
A secluded back patio great for BBQing
beautiful grounds
Our lily garden blooms year round
Our lawn is private and surrounded by woods
back lawn is edged by woods and a river on two sides
lush landscaping
side yard
To quickly access the beach - you will walk through the gate and turn left up the road
To the beach!!!!
Walk across the field and you are there!!!
The lagoon is at the base of the hill
The beach out front is great for sandy walks and beach combing!!!
When the surf is up the waves are fantastic  and surfers might be seen.
Looking across the field and watching a sailboat drift by
This is our local herd of wild horses on their daily visit to graze in the field next to the cottage
Daily view from the veranda
When in blossom - our bottle brush tree by the casita is alive with hummingbirds
YES - We have flowers - -
and there is always a flower in bloom somewhere on the property!
front lawn
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Beeson13
Brevard, North Carolina
“Absolutely Beautiful”
Reviewed 22 July 2016 for a stay in January 2015

We absolutely loved our stay. We have visited Vieques before but this house was an amazing stay. So peaceful and quiet (except for the shelter dogs barking which we did not mind). Walk to the water. A short drive to everything . The owner was very accommodating and helpful! They were there to meet us as soon as we got off the Ferry and show us to the house. We will definitely be staying again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How peaceful it was
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 20 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The relaxed feeling, not much out side interference
Travelling group: Friends
“Torture By The Sea”
Reviewed 27 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

Warning! Warning! Warning!
If you have saved your hard earned money to go on a vacation and you do not wish to feel you have wasted it, move on with your search to another place to rent on this beautiful island. If you choose to ignore this warning you do so now with eyes wide open.
You may read about dogs barking here in other reviews, but we ignored them thinking it was the odd dog barking as there are all over the island as well as roosters crowing and the people were winers or just used to home where it is relatively quiet. WRONG! This is the island's Humane Society compound next door to this house and particularly in the early morning hours at feeding time the decibel level is deafening. My first morning was being woken at 6:10 AM, shooting straight out of bed wondering what was about to come through the walls! This goes on and off throughout the entire day with it going near quiet to where no mater how much noise you make or how loud you turn up music you cannot drown out the noise of barking, yelping and howling dogs. They do quiet down some evenings that you can sit outdoors for a while to enjoy the sounds of the ocean and watch the wild horses in the pasture next door. Also, at night they are quiet most of the time, however the odd time one will start to howl and others will join in, not the full 747 decibel level with all hundred or more going, but still can be annoying, we were all suffering from sleep depravation after two weeks in this place. Too be fair, as one can be after having one's holiday ruined, without the dogs this would be a perfect little house to stay reasonably on the island. You can hear the sea, the house is in very nice repair, you only have a short walk to the beach, and the wild horses are great to watch. In the manual that is left with the tenants to use as their guide to the house and the island, the owner puts the onus on tenants to call and complain to the Humane Society about the noise of the dogs which to me is completely wrong. This rental should have a notice in it's add stating that there are dogs being kept in large numbers next door and from time to time it will be bothersome. To call this Tranquility By The Sea is misleading and wrong. Unless you live under a jet's path in landing and taking off and are used to loud continuous noise, I would look elsewhere and even pay a bit more for accommodations you will enjoy your holiday and actually have some rest and relaxation while on vacation. Hope this helps.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, the ocean
Liked least: 100 plus barking, yelping and howling dogs
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
6 Apr 2015
Warning! Warning! Warning!
There are people who should never be allowed to rent a rental home for their vacation.

It is difficult for me to understand how those renters could justify writing such a review when they never communicated to me that there was a problem during their entire stay. I was never called even once to be informed that these renters had issues with anything! I do want to clarify that the cottage book does recommend that I should be called!!" - - - and it provides my phone numbers. "I can't fix what I don't know is broken!!!. Their stay should have been a pleasant one but their decision to not call me was costly to their vacation and costly to the reputation of my cottage. It was all so totally unnecessary. For the record: It saddens me to think that this is the first time I have had to write an apology to any guest in the 12 years that I have owned the cottage. These renters removed protective table covers from a new table which left water marks on the wood. They removed and destroyed decorations that were in the rooms and broke the wooden glider on the front veranda.

In regard to their opinion that the name of the cottage is misleading - I beg to differ. When I can enjoy watching 8 hummingbirds, 4 banana keets, and a hundred bees co-habitating at the same time while feeding on my bottle brush tree - - (when it is in full bloom) or watch the horses grazing in the field next to the cottage and hear them whinnying and hear their hooves pounding the pavement out front when the herd is running up the road, or watch a flock of white egrets flying in groups to roost in the trees out back at dusk and listen to the sound of the surf and the song of night birds - - - it truly is "tranquility" and it is bliss!
BLWScott
Alford, Florida
“Bargain Beach Rental”
Reviewed 10 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

I and my 2 adult children rented this house for a week in February. Yes the dogs bark but never so much that we were disturbed. It was necessary to keep the fan running in the bedroom or you would have a hard time sleeping late. My son slept in the casita and didn't seem to have any problems sleeping at all.The covered porch was ideal for hanging out and we loved hearing the waves crashing on the beach. We had planned to snorkel a lot but the surf at the beach was so wonderful, we had a hard time making ourselves drive anywhere. You will need a car - although the kids did walk back and forth to town a few times. There are also cabs available if you don't want to drive. Gloria was great arranging for us to picked up at the airport and taken to the grocery store the first night as we got in too late to rent a a car. It was a great rental for us - and a real bargain when you look at other properties.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: covered porch and sound of the ocean
Liked least: only having 1 key - made it hard for my son in the casita
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with pets
crazyches...
Concord, NH
“Well equipped rental house with an ocean view and barking, barking, barking.”
Reviewed 2 March 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I will start by saying I enjoyed my stay at this cottage. It is well equipped with kitchen-ware, sporting items such as boogie boards and snorkel gear(I always bring my own). There is an additional bunkhouse and grill so it would be a great location for large families. The place was clean and well secured. The deck is spacious and great for "zoning out". The yard is ample by Vieques standards in my opinion.
However, after your first day, you will definitely find the rental title of "Tranquility" at least ironic if not downright intended to amuse. The humane society dogs next door bark at the slightest whim and once a few start, the seemingly hundred plus canines all join the party which can at times sound like the biggest dogfight you can imagine. I'm an animal lover and did actually visit the shelter where I got to hear them "first-hand" which was deafening causing me to wonder how the ladies working there can still hear anything at all . To be fair, even in Esperanza, dogs are allowed to roam in packs or bark incessantly chained to gates so it was not a deal breaker for me and it was a nice change of pace to stay on the north side of the island. Gloria was very accommodating after a winter storm delayed us and was very easy to communicate with as our plans had became more and more fluid.
FYI: The "beach" is close, just a short walk from the house, but beach areas on the north side of the island are far more rugged than the south.

Liked best: View and Deck
Liked least: Noise
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing