Reviews (1 845)
1 845 results
1 021
1 021
All reviews w retreat resort fee airport lounge fire pit beautiful resort adult beach pool bar wet bar tennis courts living room bar main restaurant underwater music san juan blackbeard sports family beach oceanfront room the general manager
3 - 8 of 1 845 reviews
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This hotel was truly a definition of island paradise. I took the trip with my boyfriend and after spending some time on the main island we needed a little vacation from our vacation. The W Vieques is a beautiful resort with stunning views! The water was so clear and I loved that there was a private adult beach. PJ the bartender was so friendly and really took his time to get to know the guests staying at the hotel. We felt very welcomed whenever we saw him. Yaritza the W Insider went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. We had been in touch with her prior to our trip to ask her for advice and recommendations and boy did she have the best recommendations! The island is very small so there is only a limited amount of activities to do. It is definitely more quiet and relaxing. I would check out the bio bay, but bring lots of mosquito repellent. I am sadden to hear that this hotel was affected by the hurricane and pray to our friends for their well-being and safety. I would recommend this hotel again and again. I hope that I do get to stay at the W Vieques again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna L
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I've always enjoyed the W brand and when I researched romantic getaways on the islands, I was excited to see there was a property on Vieques. As it's an island off the coast of Puerto Rico I am afraid that post hurricane Irma, Vieques will have its challenges for many months before they can be open for visitors or vacationers. The rooms are fantastic. Request rooms adjacent to warm soaking pool as they are the only ones that face west to enjoy the sunset view unobstructed.
Beaches are beautiful. Rent a jeep and explore the private beaches on the island. Nice pool and great service at this W and the food offered was quiet good. However, there is only one place to eat at the resort so you have to leave the property for variety. I would have liked to see at least one other gourmet style restaurant at this large property. The other miss is that although you can get a massage in a zen garden spa, they do not have a single amenity for their guests. No sauna. No steam. Again, they have the perfect location and plenty of space but not thought out as well as it could be, especially given the W brand. If they ever reopen after the storm recovery, I would recommend it but be aware of its shortcomings.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I stayed in a beachfront villa. All amenities, wifi so I could work at any hour, walk-in shower room, super cozy king size bed, adjustable thermostat, three huge pools, hot tub, bars, restaurant, exercise room, yoga, and clean, white beachfront. Landscape cleaned every day. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The room was not ready until 5pm, I was exhausted from the trip. The room had a "not used in a long time " smell and no area rugs for such slippery floors. Room service left the back door opened! No room service the next day! Saturday night dinner was great, but Sunday morning breakfast was terrible and the waiter never checked on us. The bar next to the Lobby staff were extremely unfriendly! Come on people! Was all this an isolated incident?

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Maggie_00754
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Vieques Island, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Hello Maggie_00754,

I am very sorry to read about your experience. Please kindly accept our apologies. This is not the standard that we aim to offer our guests. I will personally share your feedback with the Housekeeping and Food & Beverage teams to take corrective actions and improve our service.

Should you consider coming back to Vieques Island, don’t hesitate to contact me at nathalie.urban@whotels.com if you need any assistance.

Sincerely yours,

Nathalie Urban

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! This hotel is amazing from the moment you walk in, you feel like you are in paradise. Transportation was included and a jeep drove you directly to the hotel. Check in was a breeze and we were given a room right at check in. The rooms were pretty spacious and could work on some improvements. The property grounds were clean. The main pool was beautiful and don't forgot to find the blacked out pool in the back; not that many people so its relaxing. The breakfast was very good, reasonably priced. You could also rent a jeep from the lot on property which is what we did. Try the Chiva beach it was beautiful, about a 15 min drive. Would stay here again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family