3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$206
View deal
Booking.comUS$204
Hotels.comUS$206
Orbitz.comUS$206
CheapTicketsUS$206
TravelocityUS$206
Agoda.comUS$204
All reviews puerto rico adjacent property full kitchen bar and grill washer and dryer beach bohio vacation club building next door living room rental car minute drive unit resort ocean furniture supermarket waves
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2021

The pros: The rooms themselves are a 10! Spotless clean, totally renovated, spacious, fully stocked with kitchen supplies, washer/dryer etc. The staff was also pleasant and the grounds were nicely maintained (we saw groundskeepers out early every morning taking care of the landscaping). Food is very good at the restaurant on-site (sometimes we ate there - it’s outside but breezy and tables had umbrellas, the wait staff/ bartenders were always friendly and helpful! On other nights we brought food up to our room). The beach was great …private , never crowded , had lounge chairs /umbrellas , moderate waves, could easily walk from one side to the other …perfect for kids !! The pool was also spacious but we preferred to use it in the morning when no one was there as it tended to get very crowded in the afternoons. We never had a problem finding lounge chairs which were spaced out. The staff was also constantly sanitizing them when people left.

The cons: We spent a week here and as others said, sort of felt a little trapped without renting a car. There is one restaurant onsite which as stated above, was good but not enough variety to eat every meal for 7 nights. The restaurant is independently owned and operated so you couldn’t charge to your room and there was no pool service/ waiter coming around for drinks. The front desk seemed confused on which restaurants delivered and also weren’t sure which restaurants were open/ where they were located. It was frustrating because , if they don’t know …how are we supposed to know ?? Thankfully one of the other guests at the hotel assisted us with the equivalent to Uber Eats or Door Dash…”Dame un bite”. Once we had that we were at least able to order different food and have it delivered to our hotel!

There are no taxis …there’s only one car service company and its $25 each way to go local distances (to the grocery store, local restaurant etc) , $85-95 each way to San Juan and even more to to go to the rainforest. We used it once to go to the grocery store but didn’t want to use it to go out to eat because no one was able to recommend a restaurant and we didn’t want to be stranded somewhere with no taxi back.

Finally, there is an activity center (closed for COVID which is fine) with a weekly activity calendar that takes place outside. I have been to many places with these amenities …and this one was a mess. While the staff was very friendly, the events / crafts were never on time. The crafts for kids also seemed to be planned on the spot. It was very difficult to see the kids waiting “patiently” for something to happen. I felt like the events for the day should have been planned in advance. They had popsicles every day at 12 which was really whatever time the event staff remembered to bring them out. While the events are a good idea…they could really use better planning!!

Overall we had a great week enjoying the pool, the beach, family time and a comfy room!! The hotel would benefit from a concierge/ more knowledgeable staff and a better (less expensive) way for customers to get around !!

Reviewed 14 July 2021

I wanna say there was a lot of planning that went into this trip as we had stayed 7 days previously in Rincon. We were married in Rincon so Puerto Rico holds a special place in our hearts. I had gone back and forth between Hyatt Residence & Regency. The Residence property has construction going on next door as the area is still recovering from the Hurricane. So if your looking for an over all aesthetics not for you. The rooms are remodeled & property is modestly maintained. Rooms have a structural flare that need to be addressed, we could hear a family party that turned into a fight one night. The units share vents and it’s like there’s a microphone in the room below or above. When I brought it to Marilous (manager) attention she was ambivalent about our concern and didn’t seem moved in any way. I then asked a second manager for a late check out for our departure and again was met with “sorry 11 is the latest”, no options for paying nothing. I was beyond disappointed as when I made my initial reservation I let the person who answered that we would be celebrating our anniversary and the my assured me they would make sure it was special, I expected a special room, something. I even asked if I could pay to upgrade to a higher room again Marilou was unmoved by my request. It wasn’t until I spoke to Steven night before we departed and aired my concerns, he was so understanding and gave me options for late check out as we were going horseback riding and needed a little extra time. He not only understood he had a nice bottle of wine delivered with a beautiful note! That’s all it took how difficult was that?! Hyatt let Steven train your staff, he understands customer service!

This property is supposed to be one of Hyatt’s high end properties, I would beg to differ. It is more of a locals staycation property. They rent rooms to have weekend parties and get aways. Awesome, just not the experience I was looking for.

Also there needs to be more attention to common spaces. Hall ways/ breezeways could use extra attention.

Beautiful brand new gym! Loved that…you do have to ask for lights, fans to be turned on as there are no controls in the gym.

Staff is accommodating overall. The room and kitchen amenities are a huge plus when you are staying long term like us. Also there is a shared washer/. Dryer with the two units. Loved that.

There are a lot of kids in pool and at times they are being fed in pool. Not the business. There is security to enforce rules but I didn’t see that happening.

Overall we were comfortable but probably would not return. It was not worth the price we paid.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

I cannot say enough nice things about this resort! Clean! Lovely! Secluded! Great Service! FANTASTIC Restaurant!

In the collective opinions of me and my family we got lucky and selected the best overall property on the island. The accommodations are newly remodeled and absolutely gorgeous and SPOTLESS! The pools, fountains and gardens are truly beautiful and the private beach is breathtaking and resembles the beach Gilligan’s Island was filmed on.

Is there an old building being torn down next door- Yes. But we were never distracted by the workers and the beauty of the Hyatt property made me forget the Cerromar was there.

And finally. The Staff, selection of menu items and convenient hours (7a-11p Every Day!) of the Mahi Mahi Grill and bar (serving breakfast lunch and dinner) sent this review over the top! Most of the other restaurants have limited seating and hours and require reservations. We soon learned that a fabulous meal. Any time of day. In a postcard setting right on the beach. - convinced us this place deserves 5 stars!

Thank you so much Hyatt Residence Dorado and Mahi Mahi staffs for one of the best vacations ever!

Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

Ok here’s the deal, I’ll start with the positives

The restaurant is good 7 out 10. But it’s a beach front with no indoor seating so if it rains you’re out of luck.

The room is beautiful 9 out of 10

The staff is very kind and attentive

That is where the good ends

There absolutely no amenities. There isn’t even a soda and chip machine on the grounds.

Getting a rental car is an absolute necessity because the nearest grocery store is 3.5 miles away on a road that cannot be walked and cost roughly a $50 cab ride.

Outside of Papa Johns getting a food delivery is a monumental activity.
It may be the time of year we are here but there are no rental cars available anywhere near San Juan or Dorado and Uber doesn’t function in this area.
If you want peace and quiet and you have a rental car this is a great place to vacation.

Do not come here if you’re looking for any assistance from the Hotel with tours or restaurant reservations as it seems nothing is available. That may be more due to resources on the island than to Hyatt.

Room tip: If you can’t get a car rental do not come. Plan tours and excursions months in advance. Great place to relax for 3-4 days
Reviewed 18 June 2021

Traded in thru Interval. Location not great for what i wanted to see in PR but had a timeshare week expiring. Hotel was closed/renovated after Hurricanes Irma/Maria, re-opened for short time, closed again for Covid, and re-opened a few months ago. That's a rough ride....

Due to covid no gym, one restaurant open (Mahi Mahi on beach), no housekeeping during stay, pool / hot tub open 7 am-7 pm (dawn to dusk) Staff was nice. Security guard apologized repeatedly for having to kick us out of the hot tub at 7:20 one night. The hotel is off a road with nothing but a few other resorts. Can't walk to anything, nothing to do in Dorado at night, hot tub would have been nice.

Don't look at older TA pics of rooms, peach lobby, etc that's all been updated. Rooms were very nice (except for oddly narrow dresser drawers). Restaurant is not part of hotel so can't charge to room (annoying). Staff very friendly, food ok. One recommended KGB restaurant in Dorado (very good). We also splurged and did Positivo at the Ritz up the road (see reviews for both).

San Juan is ~40 min East, went there twice. Can park all day in Old San Juan at La Puntilla Parking Lot for $3! Cueva del Indio is West about ~50 min, fun to explore. Cerro Gordo Beach Park is 10 min away, we really enjoyed the MTB trail there (see review & pics).

Residence Club bldgs were built on Hyatt Cerromar property, so very close together. Then Cerromar shut down in 2003 and been abandoned since. Believe Marriott bought it and is demo'ing/renovating. There was no work going on week we were there so was happy to have room at far East end on the curve so we had nice view from our bedroom/balcony unless looked hard right. those on West side face dilapidated shell of old hotel directly (heard complaints). Front Desk said they just bought tennis courts (might have been basketball too?) from Cerromar new owners. The will be renovating and re-opening.

Struggled with the rating for this. Hubby & 20 yr old son just came off grueling work/college and 15 mths of lockdown so were just so happy for tropical environment with nice beach, they said give it a 4. If I compare to other resorts we've traded into, trying not to ding it for covid but inability to walk to anything, limited eating, and eyesore next door, it would be 3. I lost, 2 out of 3 voting!

Date of stay: May 2021