“Highly recommended!”
Review of Spoon Food Tours

Spoon Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 Food & Drink in San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: Get ready for a delicious culinary experience! Spoon Food Tours offers walking, driving and customized culinary tours in the San Juan. We highlight “off the beaten path” dining establishments that locals frequent and incorporate unique and delicious food tastings. Besides tasting great Island food, you will learn about the history, culture and architecture of the neighborhoods visited. We recommend taking our tours at the beginning of your stay so you can return and enjoy these wonderful areas at your leisure. Join us for a fun cultural journey to the best local spots, opening up a whole new world of savory experiences.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I are foodies from New Orleans, and were a bit skeptical about taking a food tour, fearing it would be too touristy. However, we loved the Spoon Food Tour and had an amazing time with Daniela! We visited on a cruise stop, and Spoon Food Tours accommodated us with a later tour time due to the time of our ship's docking. Daniela's love of San Juan and knowledge of food and Puerto Rican culture created a fun and informative tour. The restaurants visited gave us a good taste of local cuisine and focused on locally sourced ingredients. We must get the mofongo with creamy chicken recipe!

1  Thank Kelly B
"final stop"
in 8 reviews
"local cuisine"
in 16 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 19 reviews
"flan"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband, our two teenage boys (16 & 14) and I had wonderful time. We visited 5 restaurants. The food selection was incredible. The drink selection was good. Daniella was very knowledgeable about the food: ingredients, preparation and cultural significance. It was just the right amount of food. She also shared a lot interesting information about Old San Juan which increased our appreciation of the area. I have done one other food tour. It was in Barcelona and the tour guide sat and enjoyed the food and drinks with us like a host. Daniella stood by the table and oversaw the activities. It was less personable and there seemed to be more of a subtle push to move to the next location. My husband who hadn’t experienced the other tour was fine with this approach. I still highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank priscillalaura
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took my 75 year old mother and two teenagers on this tour. They all had a great time. It was the perfect amount of walking with breaks. The history of San Juan was incorporated in a way that made it enjoyable. Food was fabulous and delicious. Pablo was our guide and he was super energetic! I would definitely recommend this to others.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great time with Daniella who's love of Puerto Rico brought her back home and it shows. Loved that she referred to her school books for reference on little bits of Puerto Rico history that we would have never known. She was very good about involving the entire group. Don Luis coffee and Majorca were a big hit, as was the mofongo, café coquito and the rice and beans.

SpoonFoodTours, Owner at Spoon Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Jean,
Thank you so much for touring with us! It seems like you had a wonderful time on your tour with Daniela, enjoyed the tastings and loved learning info and fun facts about Puerto Rico. Since you had nothing but great things to say about your experience we are wondering why you gave us 4 instead of 5 stars. Please get in touch and let us know! We strive for only the best so if there's something we could improve on, we'd like to know. Thanks again and enjoy spring break!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have taken a lot (A WHOLE LOT) of food tours and I can affirmatively say this is the best one I have ever taken. We scheduled it pretty last minute (i.e. the same day) and requested the Rum tour. When we arrived, the three of us in our party were the only folks on the tour, which can either be great or really awful. Luckily for us we got Pablo and woof, my mom and her friend CANNOT stop talking about how great that tour was even a week later. The tour was insanely informative, Pablo answered all of our 12410824981 questions, and we got an opportunity to have some great cocktails and food along the way. I would HIGHLY recommend this tour!

1  Thank Cara S