US$625
US$296
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Club Ambiance(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$192
US$176
  • Breakfast included
Cardiff Hotel & Spa(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$143
Holiday Haven Condo Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$54
Little Savoy(Runaway Bay)
US$65
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$640
US$603
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Franklyn D. Resort & Spa(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$650
US$429
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
Bookit.com
Reviews (3 484)
3 484 results
1 808
1 808
All reviewsdon pablojerk chickenroom servicelas olasjazmin buffetlobby barbrazilian restauranta la carte restaurantsdolce vitachateaubriandpremium drinksthe entire resortrecommend this resortgarden grilladults only sectionbutler servicemain buffet
43 - 48 of 3 484 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just returned home from our trip 6/18/18 to 6/27/18 and I will give all the info I can. First the Resort is large but Beautiful and is extremely clean inside and out a Big WOW to all the ground keepers and the cleaning staff that do such a great job. All the front desk people and customer relations personal were always kind and friendly in fact I found every one that worked there will be warm and friendly and every day all I passed from cooks to grounds keepers and managers always said hello and asked if we were having a pleasant stay they made you feel like family and on that note a few I would like to mention. At the main pool bar Gay Ann made us feel so welcomed when we had to leave we had had hugs and felt like we were leaving a family member behind. and at the beach bar on the far left side Gerrick made us feel the same way with his contagious smile and great personality also a big Thank you to a great server at Takara Restaurant Kerome he is just a wonderful person. All the servers are great and just too many names to remember .Our room was large and spotless the only challenge was trying to take a shower in the large open stall without flooding the bathroom. Now the only negative for me and there is nothing the Resort can do about it is the snorkeling is not the best and the water is more shallow than I am use to. So still a great vacation and for all the negative reviews about food and not being pampered enough than you need to open your eyes and see how hard these great people are working to make your vacation a good one. And for those who said the people are not friendly than you need to try a smile and a happy greeting what you will get back is just beautiful. the Jamaican people are just some of the happiest in the world and I wish I could live among them. Paul & Lori B

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank PBoudreau211
BahiaPrincipeJamaica, Online Reputation at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest:

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel resort. It will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the services of Gay Ann, Gerrick, and Kerome. We are happy to know you appreciated our grounds, cleaning staff and the ambiance of your room.

We are always striving to provide our guests with the highest quality service so that they could stay absolutely content with their vacations at our hotel.

Thank you once again for your choice and we are looking forward to your next visit in order to repeat this great experience. : - )

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The last review I didn't put luxury Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay Jamaica this is the adult side I stayed on it was excellent a real 5 star Hotel, there are two sides one for adults & one for families. Ps Adults side can go to the family side with all the bells and whistles included but the families side can't use the adults side. Food was very good no complaints a wide variety. Staff very helpful no complaints. Entertainment good no complaints. Hotel room very large with jacuzzi, double sinks , stand up glass shower , safe included, lots of storage for you clothes very large balcony sir conditions perfect & king size bed. There a disco and sports bar on the family side that you have access to also a casino. The beach was nice only was it high man made beach very calm and relaxing. Luxury adult side had top of the line drinks you name it they have it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
BahiaPrincipeJamaica, Online Reputation at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest:

We really appreciate you taking the time to send your valuable comments about your stay with us as it helps to maintain the quality at the hotel.

Thank you for enjoying your time at our resort and sharing your positive comments about the food, our staff, our entertainment activities, the room and our facilities.

We hope you will visit us again and we will do our utmost to accommodate your needs and make your stay enjoyable. ;- )

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This resort is stunning and exceptionally clean. However, this is not the place to stay if you are looking for nightlife. 6pm on the money whistles are blowing and the pool is shut down for the night! Unacceptable, this should be disclosed, I do not kmow one soul that would go on vacation and be ok with not being allowed to swim in the pool. By 1030pm there is no bars or restaurants open. If you want an alcoholic beverage you must shuttle over to the grand side to either squeeze into a tiny karaoke bar or a younger age grouped club. Drinks are terrible, don't get me wrong I like a heavy pour, but the drinks are more like a splash of coke at the bottom of an entire cup full of rum. If you want a good drink just stick with Eddie in the lobby bar he was fantastic. Room service will take atleast 45 minutes to show up and you only have about 6 things to select from. The butler never showed up our entire stay as requested for a bucket of ice AND no wash clothes were ever left in our room. We had one of the best views from our balcony from the 7th floor room 25720, but beware 2 days in we had boiling hot water and had to shower with the detachable shower head in the bathtub instead of the shower. Also, our room had terrible air conditioning compared to friends who stayed in 27504 be sure to have the slider completely closed for the air to kick on. Their butler showed up when requested, no problems with water and had an abundant supply of towels. I also want to mention be aware of your surroundings at night walking from grand side back to the luxury side. I found one man with a white cooks hat in a palm tree, yes, in a tree and confronted him! Don't walk alone that's just beyond creepy. 2 minutes later found another man hiding behind the life guard stand on the beach they do have people securing the beach at night but this was just bizarre. Other than those two incidences the place seems secure the closer you are to the lobby. Ask the hotel to hook you up with Marvin if your looking for a cab ride, he was great. We got a chance to experience real local nightlife. Also, the beach is beautiful to look at and sand is super soft just note the water is extremely rocky and about thigh deep. All in all I am not posting this as a negative review I am simply just stating facts from our own experience. I would highly recommend this resort if you are seeking a quiet relaxing trip, but definately not for those looking to swim and party at night.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emona856

Dear Guest:

On behalf of our team we thank you for taking the time to express the details of your holiday experience our hotel.

We always strive to provide our guests with the highest quality service so they can stay absolutely happy with their holiday.

For the points that you have mentioned, we have sent the information to the departments involved to apply the necessary actions that guarantee the quality of our services.

Thanks again for your choice and we hope you give us the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the luxury Bahia principe resort for 7 days for our honeymoon and it was amazing. The food was excellent, we really loved the Jasmine(buffet). I miss the jerk chicken already. It was always prepared fresh and hot anytime of the day. The entertainment was amazing and unforgettable, the staff was always engaging with the guests in and around the pool all day. I have to give a shout out to jovan! Always made sure to say hello when ever he saw us weather it be at the pool or beach. Such a sweetheart. Thanks to all the staff at the Bahia for showing us a great time we will be returning next year hopefully with our kids, grand side of course! -Renee

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our variety of food, especially at the Jasmine, our entertainment activities and also Jovan for being helpful during your stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I traveled to Bahia in Jamaica on June 2018 for 7 days; with family and friends for my wedding…I had been to the Luxury Bahia 2 years earlier. I stayed on the Luxury side but had family on the family side as well. I rely on TA reviews for most of my travel so I will share a long one below:

Wedding: Hands down, Sonae Scott-Parris is the absolute best planner at that resort. We planned the wedding for over a year and she was patient and extremely helpful with our many questions and emails. It was a pleasant and incredibly beautiful wedding. We did ours at 4PM, which was fabulous, but HOT. If I could I would have preferred a 6PM slot but that’s not something the resort offered. The reggae band was fabulous, cocktails and appetizers and dinner spectacular…Views of the ocean and everything very well done. WE are thankful for Sonae and everyone who helped make our day special
Important: Coordinate golf carts to get guests from gazebo location to restaurant. I found that needed some better coordination.
Staff: The first thing I noticed was the attitude of staff had dramatically improved this time round. Previously employees had a bit of an attitude but this round everyone was very professional and extremely helpful. I commend the staff and the work they do to ensure their guests have a wonderful time. Special thanks and 7 stars to LaToya, the Butler. She was super helpful
Important: The male staffs in this resort are a bit too forward in terms of trying to pick up women for a date. I think that is a big negative for this resort. When I am on holiday I am not necessarily looking to be prepositioned for a date or have sexual nonsense said to me… That happened with most of our female guests and it needs to be curbed.
Photo office: Not a great experience for us. The staff I worked with was not clear on information but the other two were helpful the day after. I would recommend reading fine print of contracts before going to photo office.
Facilities: generally the entire resort is spotless. However we had some trouble with a few rooms. Our room had a bad smell in the toilet and my husband asked housekeeping to clean it, which they did and it was resolved. I think it’s important that housekeeping actually CLEAN the bathroom properly because it smells.
Our guests had a terrible foul smell in room that would smell some parts of the day. They called maintenance, which took a while to get there and eventually they came and worked on it for a few hours. This did not resolve the issue…I suggest if your room has smell push to be moved. Don’t just accept that they will send someone. Sometime these problems don’t get fixed. Front desk is accommodating. Demand a non-smelly room… Balcony doors in rooms didn’t lock, but that was fixed quickly and efficiently
Entertainment on the adult side can be a tad loud in the evenings if you have an oceanfront room but it shuts down at 11PM so there is plenty of sleeping time… Family side has the best entertainment. Adult side is quite most evenings and not much happens around the lobby. Go to family side for good music
I recommend building 26 and higher floors. It’s a bit far from the lobby button be quitter but not too far for a walk
Beach: Family side has the beach; it’s a bit of a distance but nothing to worry about. Golf carts are available at the front to ferry guests and the drivers are pleasant. The pool is big and clean and a great place to spend a day

Room Tip: Buidling 26, Ocean front
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Travelisgood1977

Dear Guest:

We apologies for your expectations not being met at this time, it certainly does not reflect the commitment and the quality that we have exhibited for many years.

Thank you for enjoying sharing your positive comments about Sonae, and the entertainment on the Grand side.

All your observations have been forwarded to the Management of the resort as the guests satisfaction is our priority and rest assured we will be constantly striving to the excellence in our services.

Best Regards,