“Errol Flynn's view and local charm!!! (brandon...”
other travellers have booked this property
2 bedroom cottage..70$us/nite
blue lagoon/san san area long bay
Check Availability
port antonio
reach falls
rio grande..
upstairs bedrooms sunrise
our new grounds manager...
entrance to mango ridge
roof deck harbor view cottage
rio grande rafting..
monkey island near lighthouse..
folly penninsula near lighthouse
view from bamboo cottage
coconut water..air mail express..
roof deck harbor view..fish pond now papaya garden...
public courtyard..mango ridge
verandah..bamboo cottage..60$ nite
security guards
sunrise cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Swedish first
Any
dakarblue...
Babylon, New York
“Errol Flynn's view and local charm!!! (brandon and D)”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

What could I possibly write about my experiences over the years at mango ridge in port antonio.... What is up that mountain deep in that bamboo jungle is an oasis that most people think in their lifetime they will never get to experience. However, what mango ridge has to offer is beyond breathtaking. The worlds great authors and hollywood stars based their entire creative minds from views like this (errol flynn, ian flemming to name a couple). This kind of beauty is what you want when you come to jamaica. Hundreds of feet above sea level after a climb of what look and feel like an ancient stairway to heaven, there are; exotic Polynesian fruits (otaheti apple), bamboo, jungle trees, coconut, wild cerasee tea, and a some breathtaking living quarters all with views straight down to the famous folly oval and many other landmarks. With michael and his family you never have to worry about having a real friend close by. These are seasoned dominoes people so betta you careful with them! I am at a loss of words with the beauty and hospitality in what I think might be coolest city in Jamaica to be. It is laid back, and you can get anywhere on the island from Porty. Bless!

Your age range 25-34
Sharif M
Montreal, Canada
“Jungle Love”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

I approve all praise above & below! Michael and his Mango are diamonds in the jungle. My girlfriend and I stayed in the top cottage (hike requires entry-level fitness) and it felt like a tree house! We landed in Port Antonio by bus. The main street is currently undergoing sewage revamping & city works, so it should remain chaotic until 2016. A 10-minute walk brought us to Michael's well-hidden Mango Ridge and it's another 5 mins walk up stone steps to the top cottage, which had a beautiful view of PA's East Bay. Room was clean with high-speed Internet, up there in the mountains! Mike is a super cool dude and gave us tons of suggestions. We had dinner at his place on the last night, with super conversations. He has built an interesting life and one of Jamaica's gems in hospitality & ecological immersion. If you plan on visiting Port Antonio, the Mango Ridge is a must. Don't hesitate before someone steals this place! You'll be surrounded with coconuts, cacao, banana & fruit trees of all kinds, jungle sounds & smells. An overflow of sensory freshness. Sharif

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
monthi75
germany
“we love this place”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Michael is lovely host...thanks again for your warm welcome. Our stay was great, especially the eggs you gave us for breakfast ;-)). We love the place, okay there where some stairs to go up, but my children love the wilderness of this place and we chilled there most of the day in our Hammock and in the evening we went for fishing....very nice place to stay and to hang around. We cooked most of the time and hang out outside the veranda while children play around...best place and we hope to come back in 2 years....see you Michael....

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
14 May 2014
thanks guys
Hildegaar...
London
“Best view of Port Antonio and environs”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Mike was an incredible host. I bombarded him with questions prior to my stay and he responded quickly and patiently! We arrived in darkness but to a well stocked fridge with some beers and good coffee which is next to impossible to find in PA. I woke up the next morning to an incredible view, perfect stillness punctuated only by occasional birdsong and cricket chat. From the terrace you have an incredible panoramic view of PA and the coast. Mike was always available and very helpful. Oh and there are fresh eggs from his own hens - delicious. Ideal spot for a few days exploring PA - Frenchman's Cove and Winifred's Beach are within 15 mins cheap taxi ride. I'd recommend the later.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and Mike!
Liked least: cold shower
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
14 May 2014
thanks guys
greenjenn...
Montreal
“Best kept secret...jungle life, close to town”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

My little review won't cover the immensity of the amazing experience that I had at Michael's. I chose his place because I wanted something in the jungle with a friendly vibe and close to town. I got what I asked for. There are about 200-300 steps to get up to his place (which kept me in great shape). We'd always pass by his house and say hi, which was always welcoming. I saw large frogs, snails, and lizards along the tropical path to our place and the exotic smells were amazing. Our tree house (or cottage) was rustic and perfect for me. Downstairs was the kitchen and bathroom and up was our beds, a sitting room and balcony which over looked the jungle and the ocean in the distance. He leant me his binoculars and I was able to view many beautiful tropical birds. The morning and night sounds was music, crickets, croaks, and roosters, and dogs. Loved it. Michael was cool, friendly and enjoyable to chat with. I would go back there for sure!!! I am hopefully planning a hiking trip with some friends for next November!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The stairs going up to the property, the sounds, birds, Mike and his family.
Liked least: Short stay... :o(
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
19 Nov 2013
thanks jenn..look forward to your return visit..mike
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing