“Delicious!”

German Bar
Ranked #56 of 208 Restaurants in Negril
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: German, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I kept hearing about this place and had to try it. I was happy to see they were open when we visited last week. We got the pizza and potatoes and wow! They did not disappoint. I hope they don't close as rumored, I would love to go back next reach.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I was skeptical about eating at a German restaurant in Jamaica, but heard some good feedback from other travelers so decided to try it out one evening.

We didn't actually get any German dishes on this occasion (though the prices for a schnitzel or weiner were very reasonable!), but the pizzas there were delicious and a very generous serving.

If we had an extra day would have ordered a schnitzel or bratwurst with sauerkraut as they are more reasonably priced than ordering actual Jamaican food from their menu.

Definitely worth a visit (if you have a craving for German or Italian foods whilst away). I'd go back here.

1  Thank charlene_veverka
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I ordered Schnitzel with pepper sauce with potatoes with sour cream.
I received Schnitzel with pepper sauce, a bowl of sauerkraut (which I hate) and sliced potatoes. I was with a group of people, so the food didn't go to waste. The food was delicious and a great change of pace from what I had been eating (which was also delish). I would recommend the food and location id you are in the area.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We wanted a break from the usual Jamaican fare, so we went here for supper. There were no tables available so we were invited to sit at the bar until one opened up. We never actually got offered a table, but we met a lovely couple who were staying at the same hotel as us so we didn't mind as we were having fun at the bar with our new friends. I ordered the schnitzel with fried potatoes and my husband decided on a pizza, vegetarian if I remember correctly. We both had drinks while we waited. A friend of the owners was giving them a hand, and while very friendly with us, she seemed to be annoying the waitress with her instructions on how the pizza should be made. It turns out that when she relayed my order to the waitress, she forgot to mention I wanted potatoes, so I had almost finished my schnitzel before I got them. This wasn't a service issue; when I asked the waitress where my potatoes were, she said I hadn't ordered any. I told her I had and asked if the owner's friend hadn't told her. She looked annoyed, but not at me. My potatoes appeared in a very timely fashion then! However, my husband still hadn't gotten his pizza yet. It finally came and he enjoyed it very much. While the pizza was good, my schnitzel and potatoes (fried by the way, not the cheesy ones everyone raves over) were fantastic! I would recommend going here for the food, but the service on our night was scattered. I was disappointed to not be able to see the music videos being shown on the wall of the next building from where we sat as I felt this was a unique touch.

1  Thank True B
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I was surprised with how good the pizza was, heard good tings that are true, great pizza, the cheese is plentiful....very yummy.