“Peaceful Paradise was just what we were looking...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Beach Front Studio

Paradise!
 You can meet your favorite star on the beach!  This little studio has one of the most amazing views on property!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Paradise!
You can meet your favorite star on the beach!
This little studio has one of the most amazing views on property!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
fatnice
Milford, Delaware
“RUDE and IRRESPONSIBLE rental coordinator”
Reviewed 23 November 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

This would have been our fifth stay at this rental. Despite its flaws, we have returned because we knew what to expect, were happy with the service we received from the rental coordinator (used to be Cortina) and from the housekeeper, and loved the view from the balcony. We were willing to overlook the hot plate that never heated up, the cramped and dysfunctional kitchen, the shared fridge on the first floor, the showerhead whose spray became increasingly blocked by lime, and bed that would sink us towards the middle more and more over the years. But after our last experience, we will NEVER return. Since our last stay 3 years ago, the rental coordinator has changed hands from Cortina to a woman named Betty. I contacted the rental via TripAdvisor and a man named Chris responded to emails with answers to some of our questions and ignored others. After being only partially responsive, I was forced to call Chris in Jamaica to get more information. As he was ‘busy with associates,’ he referred me to Betty, whom I called and left a message. After no response for a few hours, I called again and spoke to Betty, who said she knew who I was and would call me back to confirm the rental after ‘checking her book’ in a couple hours. After 4 hours went by, I called Betty back again, and she said everything was good to go for our reservation and to tell security to call Chris upon our arrival. I asked if she wanted our payment over the phone, and she said “No, no. Just bring cash.” I said “You want me to bring the full payment in cash when we see Chris?” She said “Yes, yes, just cash.” While it seemed a bit strange, we had paid in full on a prior visit since we made the reservation last minute. We arrived in Negril @ Point Village when we were expected to be there, and when Chris finally came about ten minutes after being called by security and we told him who we were, he looked very confused and went to make a call on his cell. He forwarded us through security, brought us to the main entrance of the hotel, and gave his cell phone to us to speak to Betty. Betty then explained that there has been some confusion and they have already checked someone else into the room, supposedly someone else named “Jessica.” I mentioned to Betty that I had just spoke to her last night and my last name (can cell phone number) was specified. She went on to go at length about how all of their reservations require a 15% deposit – she must have said this half a dozen times before I interrupted her and said “It sounds like you are trying to blame me for this, since I didn’t give you a deposit, but you clearly told me yesterday – after I asked – to pay in full upon arrival.” She said, in precisely the MOST sarcastic voice “No Jessica, this is ALL my fault, I am to blame for everything” and promptly rushed me off the phone saying we don’t need to waste anymore time talking about this and she should spend her time trying to help me find someplace to stay. She then spoke to Chris, Chris called someone else to show us their ‘recently remodeled’ unit renting for $100/night, and within minutes, another person was there with a set of clean towels to show us their rental – which was disgusting, smelled of mildew, and was entirely NOT worth $100/nt and we had no interest in giving any business to this group of fools. I guess overbooking rooms to overflow into other less desirable and more expensive rentals (assuming people have no other alternative) is the name of their game.

What is clearly a case of gross mismanagement on the case of Betty, we will NEVER return to this rental again. We spent 14 hours traveling to Jamaica, 2 hours drive from Montego Bay, and arrived just before sunset with a very tired 2 year old needing a tub and a bed to sleep in. Instead of that, we got to spend the next 4 hours scrambling with a crying baby to find someplace suitable that was in our price range – not exactly how we wanted to spend the beginning of our first vacation in 3 years. Betty provided the most irresponsible, unresponsive, and flat out RUDE customer service I have encountered anywhere in our multiple visits to Jamaica. [The only upside to this story is we discovered two WONDERFUL rentals in Negril (one on the cliffs: Moonlight Villas; one just out of town: Robin’s Plantation Home in West Retreat) which were priced better, were MUCH nicer accommodations, and had INFINITELY better customer service – and to whom we look forward to giving repeat business to!]

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Kelly M
Norcross, Georgia, United States
“Peaceful Paradise was just what we were looking for”
Reviewed 7 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Christopher and Bettie were great! This place was just what we were looking for and we will definitely be back!
We were there during a very slow time and it was like we had the property to ourselves. Many times we were literally the only ones at the beach. We went to the pool once and we were the only ones there as well.
The apartment is what I expected from the reviews. It was small but functional. We did a lot of cooking of simple meals and one day hired the cook and maid that the owners recommended for a nice lobster lunch. She cooked lunch, cleaned, and did our laundry. The kitchen is small and does not have an oven. But, if you plan expecting that, you should be fine. The hotplate and microwave work fine. The fridge is a mini fridge so don't buy too much food at once. It had ice trays but was a little slow to freeze them. We bought 4 live lobsters from one of the fisherman walking the beach. When Christopher took us to the grocery we also stopped by a market for fresh fruit. It was the best mango we've ever tasted!
The balcony had a great view and it is literally 30 yards from the water. The owners took us to the store during the week as promised. We used the cellphone a few times as well. The taxi driver they arranged went without any problems.
We spent most of our time at the beach and it was nice to have a couple of floats provided.
We did go to Rick's Cafe one night for a beautiful sunset and also went to a couple of local restaurants on the beach. We normally just found a taxi on the street. I have heard some comment that the taxi was only a dollar. We did pay anywhere from $5-$10 (US) for the both of us but for the distance I still thought it was a good deal.
As for the beaches, they have some areas that have a lot of sea life. We used the masks to snorkel a couple of times. The water was so clear you could see everything. You might want to bring some water shoes to protect your feet. We saw big starfish, huge schools of little fish, sea urchins, and sting rays.
This place is right in the middle of many all inclusive resorts. We were grateful that we did not stay at one because we both would have pigged out every night. To us, this was a great price in a beautiful place.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location was the best!
Your age range 35-49
RajniMart...
“Magic happened here”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

This place was beautiful! The bed was clean and comfortable! My bathroom was my favorite place because of the sink! My boyfriend loved three view of the island across from our room and Chris and Betty were the best hosts that I could ever dream of! Our fridge had lost power and our beers were losing its cool but Chris and Betty went out of their way to accommodate us and its very rare nowadays to get great customer service like that! The second room was awesome as well. Our host stood in communication with us and updated us with any news and changes in the area so we were better prepared to face what Negril had to offer! We would definitely come back most likely next year! Thank you so much for the memories. Really hoping to be back in room 205!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Onemnmlov...
Long Beach, California
“Great place to stay and Betty and Chris are fantastic people and excellent hosts”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Pros: peaceful, a/c if it gets too hot, beautiful views, great snorkeling right off beach, awesome bed but Betty said she is going to change it?, lots of friut trees on premises that one can pick if ripe.

Cons: mosquitos, some roaches in apt after what smelled like they sprayed outside (which I have experienced in ALL tropical places), a bunch of rogue taxi drivers on road to highway trying to charge a lot of money

Tips: get the mosquito candles and vapes mosquito spray right away, walk over to the craft market across the highway and eat beautiful local food for cheap, walk to the highway and catch the route taxis for a buck or two ( depending on how far you want to go), set up tours and ride to airport through Betty

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The bed was awesome (betty said she was going to change it?)
Liked least: Mosquitos and other bugs (to be expected in tropical places)
Travelling group: Solo
JessicaE1...
Toronto, Canada
“Bohemian Paradise”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

The room is so lovely and the view and location are unbeatable!
While the amenities are not what you would describe as luxurious the private beaches and flower filled gardens and magnificent rock pools more than make up for it. We walked along seven mile beach and went up to the cliffs but we always looked forward to coming back to our spot where it was quiet and peaceful.) Stock up well at the main grocery store upon arrival on essentials like water and beer and coffee and snacks.(pick up or bring basic condiments like salt & pepper too) For basics like beer, water, ice (and yummy beef patties) the gas station is a 10-15 minute walk down the road ( a safe big road in comparison to the rest of Negril!The kitchen is very basic but we made eggs and bacon (they could use a new frying pan) and sandwich wraps from a delicious roast jerk chicken we bought at the main grocery store. One dinner we bought grilled lobster from the Fireman at Our Past Time and brought it home to have with pasta on our balcony. Amazing!
Best food we was at 3 Dives. Great deal and a real honest Jamaican vibe. The best jerk chicken and nice cold beers!
Thanks Betty and Chris we had an incredible vacation and look forward to returning one day soon!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the room with a view!
Liked least: The pool washrooms were not in acceptable condition.
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$75
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing