Deletas Delight
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$606
US$528
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$437
US$426
US$84
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
US$78
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$139
Travelocity
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$77
US$997
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$683
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I'm (selfishly) hesitant to write a review for fear that Deletas Delight becomes so popular that I'm unable to get another booking. I was looking for a weekend getaway for our party of four and was encouraged to book Deletas for the pretty pictures and 5-star reviews that were posted. BUT, even those fell short on describing the actual experience. Booking was easy and the owner, Shirley, is very accommodating. Slipping through the bright red doors you walk into the central courtyard cradled by tropical flowers and an inviting private pool. But then you look up and cannot resist moving past to explore the rest of the house, and for a view of the sea.The entire house is designed with the perfect balance of elegant, lively and playful decor, with several areas to simply kick off your shoes, sit back, relax and enjoy your stay. The house has wifi and cable and, although we had our own transport, taxis are readily available for a short drive into Ocho Rios (5-10min). Hungry? Look no further. Whether by al fresco dining on the patio overlooking the sea or in the dining room by the courtyard - the food is absolutely delicious! Three-course breakfasts and dinners and an array of fruits and delicious Jamaican cuisine - trust me, you'll want to eat it all. I cannot end without mentioning the warm, welcoming and ever-gracious host Shirley and her amazing staff (Karene and Candy). Prepare to be pampered as this is genuine Jamaican hospitality at it's best.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, comfortable and have a view of the sea
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
shirlou2015, Owner at Deletas Delight, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

I know the first words should be thank you, but I find myself as we say in JA. (mi eye dem wet) I am so happy I made your break so wonderful and from the girls and I thank you, thank you, thank you this feeling however was not created by the girls and I alone, people with warm hearts will always find serenity and you all are beautiful and kind. See you soon.
Shirley.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Wow, just returned home from 2 weeks at Deletas Delight. During the years, I've been lucky enough to stay at some really nice 5 star resorts. However, I'm tired of the "all inclusives" so I started searching the internet for a small, classy inn that would still give me the 5 star experience. I found just what I was looking for in Deletas Delight Ocho Rios. This beautiful inn is situated on a cliff overlooking the Caribbean Sea as far as the eyes could see. I have never ever seen a view like this. We all ask for water views when staying at resorts, well this one has it no matter where you are inside Deletas you can see the sea. I sat on my deck everyday in awe of the view before me. If your budget allows, please have Shirley prepare dinner for you in the evenings. We visited Tuscanini's restaurant (#1 in Ocho Rios) and it didn't come close to what Shirley prepares. Breakfast was fresh fruit, the most delicious porridge you've ever tasted, toast and either eggs and bacon, omelettes or some mornings a delicious plate of authentic Jamaican cuisine. Supper was always 4-5 courses. homemade soup (so good), salad, shrimp and then the main course. After that, dessert...homemade mousse of white chocolate and rum. To die for. If you are a "foodie" like myself, you will not be disappointed. I have included pictures of the residence. There are 2 rooms, a living room and a downstairs livingroom with a t.v. and your personal fridge in case you want to have a few snacks for yourself. We always had wine with our dinner, however, sitting on our deck during the day we wanted a bottle of wine or rum punch, beer so we would keep that in our fridge downstairs. Ocho Rios has a liquor store and if you ask Shirley she will pick some up for your fridge no problem. Shirley has 2 staff on hand to help you with anything you desire. Nothing is a trouble for Shirley, Corrine or Candy. They are always there first thing in the morning with a smile and last thing at night. The home is beautiful and the pool is perfect with sitting areas around the pool if you want to get a tan. We also had dinner and breakfast outside on the deck overlooking the sea. Unbelievable!! The whole home is open to the Sea so you have your view 24/7. We felt completely safe in the home (which is gated) and you can go out for a walk if you would like. If you would like to arrange tours, Shirley will do that for you. Shirley has studied in the hospitality industry, she has worked many years in the industry in Germany and she knows many languages. She is a very smart woman with high standards and it shows in Deletas Delight. Have fun, relax, read a book, tour the island, visit Ocho Rios, whatever you want to do and you can do it whenever you want..no schedules here. Awesome place. We are returning for sure. I have found my heaven. Thank you Shirley, Corrine and Candy for an unbelievable vacation!!

Room Tip: Both rooms have an incredible view of the ocean
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jerry0110
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

I was amazed at how Sherlie skillfully hosted me and my friends for a great evening of music and 'lime'. Sherlie prides herself on creating the most amazing culinary offerings even when it's a simple get together.

After great laughs it was nice to retire to Deleta's Delights quaint but comfortable room. Designs obviously touched by Sherlie's creativity at every turn.

I will definitely be back for great cuisine, relaxation and that awesome personalized service.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank negrilvisitor
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Me and my husband got married in Deletas delights, further to the suggestion of one of our good friends two weeks ago. it wasthe decision ever. We were excited and amazed by this absolutely flawless place.

Next morning to have a romantic breakfast at this beautiful place is breathtaking experience.

Perfect place, the service and the owner's hospitality is beyond..... Mostly recommended!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yanzi2130
Reviewed 14 June 2015

Two weeks to go until I return. Had such a beautiful time in January I just had to go back . Gorgeous place in a perfect setting with amazing staff. Laid back feel , fabulous food and stunning views , what more could you ask for !

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo