“Thank you Morning Glory”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
ackee2006
Luton, United Kingdom
“Thank you Morning Glory”
Reviewed 11 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Spent 3 weeks at Morning Glory Villas and what can I say... I literally wanted to stay forever.
We were there for a holiday/our Wedding & our Honeymoon.
We hired out both Villas for ourselves and our family which were clean, spacious, and suited our needs down to the T. One even had a wheelchair which came in very handy when we toured the country.
Mr & Mrs Burton are the best hosts, they make you feel very welcome and stay out of your way but are available if you need them. Mr & Mrs B had plenty of advice on the local night spots and the cheapest transport solutions. They also allowed us to use the grounds for our Wedding photos.
Boston the caretaker is the best... Nothing was too much. Thank you Boston for helping us with the roast yam it was lush.
Margaret the housekeeper was the best too. She kept our villas clean and tidy. And for a small fee she made us the best Jamaican dinners.
Everyone on the grounds was very friendly it was refreshing to see.
The grounds is like nothing you have ever seen, you have to be there to believe. It is paradise away from the hustle and bustle.
It is a short walk to Bamboo Blu Beach where we had our Wedding, Beautiful, tranquil beach, white sands, clear sea, great bar, great food and friendly staff, I could go on, they made our day very special, thank you Bamboo Blu. It has its own gift store and up the beach tucked away is a loan gentleman who sells handmade crafts. But be careful the beach can get very crowded when the cruise ships come in.
Once you’ve tried Morning Glory there is no going back.
Thank you for a great holiday/wedding / Honeymoon

Travelling group: Large Group
12 Jun 2016
Many thanks for your great review and the endorsements of Morning Glory Villas and Bamboo Blu's attractive amenities which made your stay and wedding so enjoyable.
We are delighted that your family enjoyed your stay here, it was a pleasure to have your all and look forward to seeing you again on your anniversaries.
Wishing you many years of happiness together.
PKHF
Limassol, Cyprus
“A lovely destination and a wonderful house”
Reviewed 18 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We spent 10 days in Morning Glory and it was truly a very nice experience.
The houses are just great, situated in a wonderful, peaceful and relaxing garden, with big rooms, comfortable beds, nice bathrooms and basic kitchen equipment. The outside dining-area is very nice for breakfast or dinner at home. The athmospere is really nice "Jamaican" with soft colours, palmtrees and lots of flowers in beatiful colours.
Margaret is cleaning the rooms very neatly every days and, at an extra charge, she cooks wonderful Jamaican food to enjoy in your own garden - chicken, lobster, local fruits or whatever you buy she turns into a Jamaican speciality. A lovely experience!

Morning Glory is a very short walk to the beach, and the nice Mammee Bay Beach club, where you may use the sunbeds for free. The sea is so clear, wonderful for swimming, and you can go for a very nice snorkelling-trip just 10 minutes away. The beach bar offers nice cold drinks, small snacks or you may enjoy a romantic dinner on the beach, under the stars, in the evening. The beach was however a little crowdy some days when the big cruise-ships arrived to Ocho Rios with many day-visitors.

We rented a car and made many small trips around lovely Portland, from riverdrafting on Rio Grande to James Bond beach. But nearby are also famous "tourists attractions" such as the waterfalls, dolphin cove, Ocho Rios etc. This part of norhern Jamaica is very green and beautiful and we experienced people to be very friendly.

It is so nice to be in a home and feel that you are welcome! The hosts, Claude and Geraldine, were very amicable and helpful whenever you needed an advice or help. And if there was something that needed to be fixed, Boston was always around to help you.

Morning Glory is a very nice place for a Jamaican holiday which we could truly recommend!

Travelling group: Extended Family
22 Feb 2016
We are delighted that your family enjoyed your stay here at Morning Glory Villas, it was a pleasure to have your all and we look forward to seeing you again.
Ttinker20...
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing family vacation spot!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

This is one of the best vacation spot in Ocho Rios. I rented both Villas, my mother and her husband had one while my husband and children had the other. The owner are some wonderful down to earth people, they made us feel at home. We had a big family cook out the owners were so accomadating they even offered us extra chairs, domino table and the list goes on. I'm already looking into my family vacation next year. Margrette and Boston the helpers are so friendly and behind helpful. This villa helped to make our family vacation home away from home. I want to say a big Thank you again to everyone at Morning Glory. The Mullings

Travelling group: Extended Family
Tracey37
London
“Peace & Tranquility was found at Morning Glory”
Reviewed 4 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Its been 3 days since arriving back from Jamaica, Morning Glory. I am already in the process of booking for Xmas 2016. Morning Glory is perfect for those in need of R&R. I travelled with my mother, brother, 14 month old niece, sister in law and her mother. It worked very well.

My mother and I had the bungalow, and the rest of the party had the one storey accommodation. The grounds are immaculate and the estate in which it is situated is very safe.

We had access to a private beach with free cabanas to use as part of the package staying at morning Glory. The beach, 5 mins walk away.

I would recommend hiring a car, as there is so much to do on the north coast, and where you are situated is accessible to alot. Ocho Rios is 10 minutes drive away, and Runaway Bay is 20 minutes drive if you would like to try a different beach with a good vibe, and lots of it.

I have travelled to Jamaica several times over the years, and can truly say, I have now found my little piece of heaven within this beautiful Island.

Excellent WIFI, comfortable beds. Claude, the owner is on hand if you need anything, and never intrusive.

Oh, I forgot to mention the wonderful Margaret, the housekeeper thats been working there for 30 years. She can cook! Sometimes you just want to chill on the veranda. Margaret will cook you in Jamaican cuisine. Lovely woman.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Due to jet lag, did wake up around 5 - 6am and the sounds from nature made me think this must be equivalent to spending time in the jungle/safari
Liked least: The sofas can get warm towards the end of the day due to them being made from cloth.
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Jun 2015
Thank you very much for your positive comments.
We're so pleased you and the family enjoyed your time at Morning Glory Villas.
We say Mammee Bay Estate is perfect for those who want a relaxing location with easy access to the beach, attractions, Ocho Rios, shops, restaurant, etc.
But the very best element of the villa is the hospitality of a good team of staff.
Thank you for describing your experience of this.
We all look forward to welcoming you back.
Naddsie
“STUNNING!! ”
Reviewed 10 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Returned to morning glory this March with a warm welcome from Mr Claude and his lovely wife. The property is surrounded by a huge breathtaking gardens, where I was able to spot a tiny humming bird collecting nectar near my borrowed veranda. The property is very well kept and spotless. Unfortunently, my children fell ill and my six year old fainted. Mr Claude offered to drive me to a local doctor and collected us when we were finished. He also drove me into town to the pharmacy. This was ever so helpful and appreciated as my husband wasn't to join me in JA until a week and a half time. With the children being ill , I managed to enjoy free access to the private beach at least once. Thanks for the lovely stay Mr and Mrs Claude. Will come again with my extended family.

11 Apr 2015
Thanks for spending the time to write this review.
It was a pleasure to be here for you and the children.
We cannot ask for more than our guest leaving the place with the feeling, that they would like to return, and you certainly have.
Claude & Geraldine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing