Reviews (3 462)
3 462 results
2 274
2 274
All reviews eight rivers veggie bar catamaran cruise pool grill piano bar patio restaurant nude island private island swim up bar natural island water sports horseback riding dunn's river falls included excursions glass bottom boat our honeymoon scuba diving
198 - 203 of 3 462 reviews
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I'm no traveling connoisseur by any means as this is only my third AI experience. We have done Iberostar in Riviera Maya, Mexico and the Riu in Aruba. This was probably my best experience so far. Of course, the company I was with made it great as well. I'm going to write the best review I can as I read what seems like hundreds before we went.

Travel/Transporting:
Get Club MoBay. I repeat, spring for the Club MoBay. Upon arrival at the airport in Jamaica, the Club MoBay worker had our names on a board waiting for us and we went through a VERY fast customs line designated for the Club MoBay "customers." we then went to the Couples Club MoBay lounge where we were greeted with endless Red Stripe and rum punch and snacks while we waited for our bus. It is kind of a whirl wind because the busses come quick so don't get to comfortable in the lounge, haha. The bus ride is long and our particular driver didn't explain the sites that we went by like I read some do. He did stop at a bar on the way where we bought beer and used the restroom. On the way back to the airport, Club MoBay was awesome as well. The Club MoBay lounge on the way back in the Jamaican airport is insane! So big and buffets everywhere and endless drinks, again, if you still think you can stomach alcohol after the trip, haha.

Check-in & check-out:
Went fast and smoothly. Was greeted with a cold washcloth (I still feel weird getting these, lol) and more rum punch. Our luggage was sent up to our rooms quickly as were we. Check-out was just as smooth. Bus arrived right on time to take us back to the airport.

Hotel:
Yes, the hotel is a little outdated compared to other AI resorts I've been too but they keep it so well maintained that it doesn't matter. Cleaning/painting was happening everywhere we went! The rooms were nice. We got a Deluxe Ocean view and, looking out from our balcony, we were to the left of the pool bar pool looking out at the ocean. I will say, another couple we went with had a garden view room (faced the front of the building right above the lobby). Yes, the view wasn't as great but they had a bigger room, bigger closet, bigger bathroom and bigger balcony so no matter where you stay I feel like there are different pros and cons to each. I do wish our bathroom was a little bigger and you do have to point the shower head towards the wall or you will have flooding but, who cares?!?! You're on vacation and, not to sound like a brat, you're not cleaning it up anyways!

Food:
Oh My Gosh! So good! Best AI food I've had.
Bayside was our favorite and we ate there twice, once being on lobster night which was amazing.
Eight Rivers was great too. Food was excellent and we have the BEST waiter (can't remember his name). Was a little too fancy for us though which is why we only went once.
Tried eating at the Verandah but, since we were a party of 6 and no reservations are needed, the restaurant was full and they could not provide us with a timeframe of when a table would be available so we just ate at the buffet.
Buffet was excellent! Not going to get to detailed here but it was excellent whether it was for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Pool Bar was great! Please, please, please try the Jerk burger and the snapper sandwich. You will not regret it. Also have nachos, popcorn and ice cream.
The Veggie bar was nice. The coconut water helps with hangovers and it's fun to watch them prepare them. Some of the items on this menu were a little too fancy for me but the tuna wrap was good, haha.
The Monday night beach party and dinner buffet was also amazing! My brother still can't stop talking about the snapper that night.

Drinks:
Drinks were awesome and were endless. Simply fill out the card in your room each day, if needed, with what you want and it will be delivered. Yes, you have to pay if you want top shelf in your room but just deal with the “cheap” stuff in your room. Who cares?! If you want top shelf go mingle and get it outside of your room! Special shout outs to (probably butchering the names) Angelina and Tanisha? They were our favorite at the pool bar. If you don’t know what you want just tell them to whip you up something and you will not be disappointed. I can only do so many real sweet drinks and I stuck with mainly vodka and lemonades (FYI – we confirmed that their lemonade is actually 7Up and while most of the bartenders understood what we met some didn’t and were confused as to why we kept getting vodka and 7Ups, haha). They actually make the lemonade from scratch and its delicious. Ochard made the best vodka lemonades and he can take a mean selfie!
The piano bar was cool too! Awesome pictures on the wall and pleasant atmosphere. Saxophone player was awesome!

Entertainment:
The steel drum back is no joke! Please, please, please make sure you watch them. They were by far our favorite. Alex stands out as far as the entertainment goes. That guy must eat a lot of sugar, haha. He’s great! Played a couple of games at the pool bar that were fun (name that song/title and “Zuma Zuma” which was our absolute favorite).

Excursions:
So much is included which is awesome and we have never had before. I’ve only snorkeled one other time in Aruba but this snorkeling experience was much better and we saw a lot. Snorkeling kind of freaks me out but I did it anyways and don’t regret it. The Catamaran Cruise or “booze cruise” was awesome as well. Endless music and rum punch or mimosas. They played country music so we were in our “happy place.” My brother and sister-in-law did the water bike things and really enjoyed that and my sister-in-law’s sister and fiancé did the small sailboat ride (I believe?) and really enjoyed that as well. Didn’t get a chance to do Dunn’s River. We heard the scuba diving was a great experience from other guests too but…HELL NO! for me haha.

Pool areas:
I’m not sure where all of the guests go but the pools are never crowded. Maybe they are all at the nudey island or participating in the free excursions. Don’t have to wake up at the crack of dawn to get a chair like we are used to having to do. No one was ever in the main pool. We spent most of our days in the swim up bar pool, of course ;). Didn’t go to the nudey beach so have nothing to say about that.

Tipping:
The workers on the resort are not allowed to accept tips but we forced them on some, mainly bartenders and some food waiters, because they were so good and it was well deserved. The only people that made us mad as far as tipping were the people that put your luggage on a cart at the airport and carry it 5 feet to your bus and flat out request tips. We planned to tip anyways but don’t be jerks about it! I know these people do not work for the resort so I will leave it at that.

All-in-all, this was a wonderful vacation. The only things I missed from my other AI stays is the animal shaped towels. We never got one even after tipping our cleaner! I also miss the Japanese Hibachi restaurant experience. Had that at the other resorts and it’s just fun. Wish we could afford to go every year!

Room tip: Bring a hard plastic key card holder for your mans swim trunks to keep key & money dry. Bring own tumblers but not huge ones like we did.
5  Thank mallybell8503
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Our 2nd time at couples Tower Isle in Ocho Rios and it just gets better every time planning our third visit now.We spent 7 nights in beautiful weather with personable staff, great food all provided with premium service. Lots to do on property and off.We enjoyed the water sport activities and best off all at no extra charge. Very knowledgeable staff very eager to educate you on the history and culture of the area and people.
Our favorite part of the holiday were the water sport staff in particular "Chemical" & "Seaweed" who went out of their way to be very gracious hosts on sailing rips and the Twilight boat cruise.
One word of advice take plenty of sun screen and bug spray. Mosquiteos can be bothersome at dusk.

Room tip: Building #4 floors 3,4 &5 has great views of the ocean and is quiet
Reviewed 18 March 2018

The only thing I was disappointed in was where my room was. I am handicapped and my husband had sent and email about it. I needed a deep bathtub and no steps. Ended up getting a room with a very small tub and steps. This was not the resorts fault. It was our fault for not understanding the room catagories when we booked. Ended up falling on third day. I did show them my foot where I fell but they didn't seem concern with the fall. I did take pictures to show the bruising.Besides that our view was spectacular food was amazing along with entertainment. Resort staff were amazing and so kind. Will be back hopefully I can get a room that can accommodate my needs

Room tip: Make sure your getting a room that is right for you
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2018

We stayed here in winter 2017 for an all-inclusive trip. The staff are second to none and the variety of activities and food are definitely worth the money. Highly recommended for a quiet get away with relaxing beaches and a great variety of activities.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 15 March 2018

My wife and I recently visited Couples Tower Isle and had a wonderful time. We stayed 5 nights, which was just right for us. I came here because several of my family members had been here before and loved it, and I wanted to try out the au naturel island. My wife and I have been to a few nude beaches before and really liked it. We also visited Couples Sans Souci, which was a free day trip a few miles away. I will say that if you are going for the nude beach, I think Sans Souci is better. Details below.

Pros for Tower Isle:
- It's Jamaica. The weather is amazing all of the time. It was gorgeous. The resort looked so lush, and so did everything around it. The ocean was very nice. This is in a windy area though (see the cons below regarding the wind).
- It's almost 2 hours from Montego Bay, but they have an airport lounge with free Red Stripe, and they arrange the shuttle for you (as long as they have your flight time when you book the trip).
- We booked our flight right through the resort website and saved $400+, which was great.
- The staff are fun and friendly. Not a bad attitude anywhere to be found.
- Not a huge resort, easy to get around quickly. I've been to some huge resorts before and liked them, so I wasn't sure about going somewhere smaller, but this has a great feel to it.
- Room was very nice, mattress was a bit firm as they usually are in the Caribbean it seems! The balcony had an ocean view and was gorgeous. We got breakfast room service almost every day and sat out on the balcony with gorgeous views and sunshine. Amazing.
- Room service was great - there was a limited number of choices on the slip to order, but I wrote in a few things, and they delivered anything I asked for (eggs, bacon, French toast). My wife was in heaven drinking coffee on the balcony every morning.
- The food was quite good at the sit-down restaurants. The buffet wasn't bad, but I definitely preferred the sit-down restaurants. You have to make reservations for the Ocho Rios restaurant and the Bayside restaurant - do it right away or in advance!
- Excursions included - we did the Dunn's River Falls and got there right away in the morning and beat most of the rush. It was quite fun. Lots of people did paddle boarding, Hobie Cats (little sail boats), snorkeling, glass-bottom boat, etc.
- Au naturel (nude) island - it's far enough from the beach that if you don't want to see anyone in their birthday suit, don't worry about it. You can't see anything more than that there are people out there. You have to take a boat to get out there, and some times the boat won't travel if it's too windy/rough. The island is big enough for about 30 people to lounge around comfortably. You'll be fairly close to other people, but you can pick one of the secluded corners for some privacy. If you go there from 9-5, you have to be naked out there. Everybody else is, and it feels great. There's a pool with a swim-up/walk-up bar. They bring a lunch buffet out to you. There's a normal functional bathroom tucked into the tower. There's not much of a beach, but you can go into the ocean along the south side of the island. My wife and I are in our 30s, and there were a few other couples our age, but most are in the 40-60 range. They have one of the "game coordinators" come out and play a game with anyone who is interested - things like the Newlywed Game or something else. We did it, and it was fun.
- If you're interested in the au naturel, I would say to go visit Couples Sans Souci. You have to sign up for the rewards program (free), and then you can get a free shuttle to CSS. Put your name down right away! They only go on Mon/Wed/Fri, and our only option was Friday. We were well down on the waitlist, but we showed up at 945 and there was enough room for us to go. Sans Souci is a beautiful resort, and there's a much larger au naturel beach. It's quite secluded (no public access, although some boaters come down the river that meets the water right there), and it has a very nice pool, in-ground hot tub, very nice bathrooms, a swim-up/walk-up bar, and tons of seating either close to everyone or far away from everyone. Find what you like. There were probably 50 people there, all very friendly. My wife initially said she wouldn't want to try to meet anyone while she was naked, but we ended up talking to lots of people for quite a while. Very welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. Loved it.

Cons - not much!
- The Wi-fi was very weak. I could get e-mails and some Facebook, but that was about it. Fortunately, I go on these trips to unplug, so I didn't really mind!
- The catamaran ride. I had been told it was a bit of a booze cruise, and it sure is. They hand out rum punch continuously, and they blast the music at deafening levels. It was 2.5 hours, about 2 hours of which was being unable to hear anything other than 80s hits and reggae. The water was pretty choppy that day, and we just heaved up and down for way too long. It was miserable for me. If you want loud music and lots of rum, go for it. I asked them to turn it down several times, but I don't think they did.

12  Thank Loungeonthebeach22