“What a rush!!! ”

Dunn's River Falls and Park
Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This was amazing! We almost canceled it of fear at the last minute, but we went for it after all. For $25 a person, the experience was well worth it! Our guide, Chauncey Oliver, was knowledgeable, focused on our safety and super strong (he was pulling up grown men who were struggling to get their footing). Anyhow, this is a once in a lifetime type of experience and you can’t pass it up.

Bringing kids??? It’s hit or miss with young kiddos (7 or under), so you must know your child’s temperament and ability to handle this much uncertainty. I held hands with a 9-year-old who was incredibly mature and steady. My husband held hands with a 7-year-old who was petrified the entire time and said he didn’t like it even when we were almost to the top.

Side note: Our private tour guide drove us from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios and I’d recommend going that way. It was much less hectic that taking a tour bus with a bunch of stops at hotels along the way.

1  Thank Deanna J
Write a ReviewReviews (17 071)
All reviews
"video"
in 1 645 reviews

502 - 506 of 17 074 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the Dunn’s, however, I am a lot slower than most. We went up the falls with 2 others . They make a video for 40.00 and the cost to get in is 23.00/adult. Lockers available for 8.00 you get $3.back for deposit
This to me was a challenging hike,but fun. They ask you for tip at the end

1  Thank marlee99
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Not good, the trip was dangerous and someone could have gotten hurt! Thank GOD they didn't but that's it and besides you spending more money when you arrive!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was my 5th time to Dunn's River falls, and I plan on going as many times as I can! I' so lucky to have been able to visit the falls so many times in my life. Every cruises stop that includes Jamaica ABSOLUTLY MUST include the falls! Besides being beautiful, you couldn't ask for more fun when climbing with a group and mostly your friends. Every guide that has taking us down and back up the 600+ ft climb has always made sure that we have the best time imaginable and we always feel safe. It's an easly gradual climb, and you do get to make new friends on the way up. I can't tell you how excited I am to return again in the near future on my next western Caribbean cruise!

1  Thank Michael S