All reviews almond tree breakfast was included swinging bar included in the room rate rooms are clean jamaican breakfast ocean view close to town port antonio ocho rios town ackee and saltfish our honeymoon wedding reef gourmet bartender
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We had no place to stay when we got to Ocho RIos and were lucky to find this gem, with the last available room. Spotless rooms/bathrooms, very comfortable beds, right on the water with breathtaking views. The food and drinks were really good, the staff very friendly, although some of the younger waiters a little lost and confused, but put in a great effort to be professional and helpful. We had a MASSIVE storm while we were there which was so lucky, being where we were, as it was gorgeous!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RanaK69
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

If you are looking for a large all inclusive go go go party place.... it's not for you.... I stayed a week and it's quiet and pretty.... you have to walk a lot but it's ok the staff made it worth while.... close to the action but far from the noise....

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank viv c
Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our 10th anniversary. It has a great homely feel and they upgraded us so we had a sea view and left a 10th anniversary gift in our room. The food and especially breakfast is lovely as are the staff who work there. It's very central and close to all attractions. Great family place too. Would highly recommend if you want to experience the real Jamaica and not some jumped up overpriced resort!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank samcarioca
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I stayed here for just 2 nights but what a great experience. The woman who checked me in was very pleasant and welcoming. She gave me the key to the room and a remote control for the ac and tv. All of this was done in about 15 minutes. Since this was my first time staying at this hotel, she had a security guard escort me to my room. I wasn't sure what to expect with regards to my room, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was VERY clean and adequate. I had an ocean view room and the view was great. Breakfast in the morning was GREAT, it was a full hot breakfast, not cold muffins and pastries. I truly enjoyed it (along with the awesome view of the ocean). The hotel is located a short walk from town (I would recommend going with a local). Don't be afraid, go to the market, purchase some of the items that the hard working Jamaican people are selling.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank ladybearNewYork
Reviewed 2 July 2015

There are so many good things about the Hibiscus Lodge. We stayed here for 6 days and also hosted our wedding reception here. The hotel itself is nested in the heart of Ocho Rios, so its easy to go into town to the grocery store or the local market. The oceanview each morning was so pretty too. A short trip down the cliffside stairs takes you down to a deck that sits on the ocean, which is perfect for a quick swim.

Each morning breakfast was served with real Jamaican coffee and traditional Jamaican cuisine. Dinner at the Almond Tree restaurant was perfect and all of our wedding guests commented that the food was top notch!

The hotel can arrange for snorkel equipment rentals, private tennis lessons or spa services. They will also recommend affordable and trustworthy transportation options if you are interested in going to Dunn's River or any other local attractions.

Due to the small number of rooms, the overall experience was much more relaxing. staff at the hotel are wonderful! Everyone was very courteous and went out of their way to ensure we had an unforgettable time. Pictures online do not give this hotel the credit it deserves.If you want to experience real Jamaica, this is where you should stay!!!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family