Silver Palms Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kima(Ocho Rios)
View Hotel
Seacrest Beach Resort(St. Ann's Bay)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
View Hotel
Rooms Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)
All reviewsmarciagazebofurnishedsecurepool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

We had a family holiday there and it was just ok, there were staff that were trying to over charge us for washing clothes which was just a con for them to make more money from us, my housemaid (Elaine) was excellent but there was a lady who attended my mums room that went missing most of the day and did not want to clean my mothers room or even cook. She had a bad attitude and just made my mum feel uncomfortable most of her trip. If you want to use the barbecue you might have to pay for the coal if you use it more than once.
They could invest in parasols for the pool side there is only the gazebo for shelter, also they could invest in new cushions for the sun-beds they are left out all night and left to get soaking wet for guest to use the next day.
They could also cut back the hedges along the path its a bit of a jungle. The downstairs living area could have A/C rather than just ceiling fans it get very hot.
The guest could benefit from CLEAR instructions to what is included in the price and not have staff make it up. Also the staff could be more professional and not question the guest and be noisy they can be friendly without begin too inquisitive.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2016

If you looking for the ultimate place to chill out and relax but still be relatively close to the town of Ocho Rios then Silver Palms in Old Forts Bay is your place. I have been here several times whether with friends or family it is always suits my purpose. The housekeeper and cook that accompany the house are very nice, open and welcoming. They will cook whatever you have carried with you or if you feel like to make a go at it for yourself you are free to do so. There is a pool area and their beach is less than 5 minutes away from the villa! When I am at Silver Palms it feels like a home away from home without the hustle and bustle of actually being at home. It's a great hideaway but you still have the option of driving into Ocho Rios whenever you feel the need for excitement or for some excursion. I love this place and every chance I get to go or any vacation planned, Silver Palms is always seen as option.

The only downfall for me is depending on the season in which you book you might have to share the pool area and the beach with other visitors as the houses are pretty close. I have been lucky on a couple of occasions to not having many persons there with us when my family and friends are vacationing. Overall great place!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank jhean7
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Our family of 4 adults stayed in Unit1 in early May 2016 for 9 nights. Our luck was that we had the place completely to ourselves for about 4 or 5 of the 9 nights (it's not high season) both the pool and the beach. Downside was 2 or 3 days of continuous rain. Our helper Marcia was wonderful. Its a real treat to stay in your "own place" but have someone tidying up, cooking and keeping a check on what is needed from the grocery store. One thing to consider if you're using Silver Palms (or similar in Jamaica) is either bringing some basic food supplies in with you or requesting it in advance. We arrived from MoBay airport very tired late on a Sunday evening and there was nothing at all at the house, no coffee, tea, water or anything to start you off for breakfast on the first morning. Shops are 3 miles away so its not a case of nipping round the corner. But once we had done the first big shop with Marcia it was plain sailing and she brought in top-up groceries, milk, bread etc

Room Tip: Unit 1 is end of terrace so maybe a bit quieter. The helper was great. But friends had unit 5 and were very happy there too
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Myrna H
Reviewed 28 January 2015

Stayed at Silver Palms for a friend's wedding and then for a few days afterwards. Lovely accommodations and beautiful beach to enjoy. Our helper Eulalee was an amazing cook. Short distance to Ochi. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed 26 October 2014

I just returned from Jamaica and I stayed in villa #7. Silver Palms is a secured gated location , good security , less than a 1 min walk to the beach ( which is private and beautiful).
Our housekeeper Marcia was always helpful , accommodating , and is an amazing cook .

Cons: bathroom in room with double bed , needs a little work , when it rained bathroom floor and entry way into bathroom was wet. Beds are quite hard and not very comfortable.

Pros: grounds are kept very well, villa #7 is central to pool , homey feel, always felt safe , all staff were friendly , good value for our stay.

• Stayed: October 2014