Reviews (3 403)
1 240
1 341
1 240
1 341
All reviews hip strip souk restaurant sunset building a la carte restaurant entertainment staff ocean view beach grill mento band main building cornwall beach close to the airport pool bar minutes from the airport small resort dunns river food was great glass bottom boat
43 - 48 of 3 403 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

It was a last minute decision and ended up fabulous get away for me and my husband. The minute we walked in we loved it. Yes, our room wasn’t ready in time but few hours won’t make a difference after traveling for so long. So we just grabbed drinks and went straight to the beach patio to enjoy the view. All areas were clean. The beach is small but clean and water doesn’t have jelly fishes or nasty things, plus there were always chairs available cause some people preferred to stay at other part of the beach (without the sand). The food at the buffet was good enough for tourists, after all its not a 5* restaurant but a buffet where you can eat whatever you want, my husband is a picky Italian but it was enough for him, I’m Eastern European and I thought the food was great for that type of place. A-la carte restaurants were tricky and you needed a reservations ahead but again the food was good. Room was very big and spacious. We didn’t have no issues with electricity or hot water during our week stay. Big plus- is the entertainment team! Every night they were doing something and we honestly had fun, wish we could stay longer.... we will be definitely back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Global736562
Toni Ann W, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Montego Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review... We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay.. We hope to see you again soon..

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I decided to put the names and description of some Montego Beach staff here so that they know their services are exceptional.

Main men: Al and the guys on the entertainment crew. These guys have great personalities and boy, they can dance.

Jodi-Ann and Moeisha at the front desk, kitchen servers - Stacey, Kelcy Bell, the guy who is always in full black, Roger, female pastry chef who made those delicious puddings and cakes each day. Great personalities, great customer service skills, pleasant approach and greeting each day we eat.

Okay. So here is what they don't tell you until you pay and you are at the resort checking in:

WIFI $5 per hour - $20 per day
Use of room safe $2 per night (although the safe is nailed down in the closet). If you opt out of paying for the use of the safe it just sits in your room not being used. Tell me Royal Decameron Columbian boss, who does it help to have a safe in the room when the paying guest cannot access it because you have it locked with a key? Change this and get rid of this charge.

They also do not tell you that Refrigerator Rental is $5 per day if you did not pay for a garden view room. Yes...you have to rent the fridge in your room. This is wrong.

I stayed here for a week from June 17, 2018. Our stay at Royal Decameron was filled with bitter sweet experiences. They claimed to be a all-inclusive resort but some things is rationed. From the onset, upon check in, I was totally disappointed, but later, after meeting some of the staff with better vibes and personalities, I had a grand time.

We had to wait three (3) hours because "the room was not ready." The manager did not offer us another room until ours were ready. After 7 hours on two planes we wanted to get in our room, shower, and nap. No such luck!! So we had to sit around just doing nothing for three hours.

Even when the girl at the counter saw how frustrated we were she still pushed back and made no effort to appease us as paying guests. I guess customer service is not a strong suite for some of the check in attendants.

All the staff seem to be closer to 17 or 18 than to 23 years old. A lot of them untrained in customer service, with no experienced staff there to show them how it is done. They need to see great customer service in action in order to copy it. Boss, listen to your guests, train staff in customer service.

Upon arrival I identified myself and asked to be checked in. Front desk had no way to search for my reservation; no computer, no data base system. She wanted confirmation so I showed her the reservation email. As she was looking at it she went through my phone and accessed my wifi setting without my knowledge and permission. When I realized that she was not on the email page, I asked for my phone. She then admitted that she was trying to connect my phone to the Wifi in orsee to email the confirmation from my phone to herself. I said WHAT?

She pissed me off more when she asked me for my passport. I asked why? I showed her a driver's license because they don't need to copy my Passport.

When I refused to pay the $2 per day to use the room safe, she wanted me to sign a paper saying that I refused safe key. I said "No" to that also. Never heard of that crap. Not a hospital and I am refusing care. I told them that the hotel is 100% responsible for any loss of my property while the property is in the room and I am not there. Legally they are responsible.

Then they said their hotel key is USD$50 if lost. Remember, this key is on a piece of string that goes over your wrist. A machine cut copy key .

A charge of USD$20 if you accidentally lose this credit card looking thing given to exchange for beach towel. But no one tells you where the towels are distributed.

The first two days we were totally lost. We did not know where anything was unless we asked other guests and most of them did not even know either.

Suggestion: There should be a staff member assigned to take new guests on a tour of the hotel's facilities. Guests need to know that you can use the better beach next door - Cornwall Beach resort, where to find the gym, the disco night club on the property, where to rent watersport equipment, etc. Do a tour two hours after check in (5pm) when the dining area is closed. Keep your guests in the know.

Some staff needs training and more maturity. Staff need to know what is appropriate in the presence of guests. Do not argue, curse, speak about other guests or other staff. No excuse for being a third world country, the tourist industry is big business.

Finally, the nightly entertainment is something we look forward to each day. Royal Decameron dancers are amazing. Entertainment include guest artist each night, multiple dance performances, trivia, bingos, games, activities at the pool bar everyday. I give the resort and staff AAA+++ and ***** for the effort they put into making guests happy.

This was another great vacation.

Here is some "Brata" - The maintenance staff need to take guests' rest time into consideration in the early mornings and late night (between 1:00am and 6:00am) when they are moving trash cans and other items around the yard. We were constantly awaken at nights with sounds of drums or cans rolling and people talking loudly downstairs.

Room Tip: There is a pent house. You can get this if you book TWO rooms. Garden view rooms on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Richie-Maverick

Thank you for your review.. Commendations will be extended to all above mentioned staff who made your stay memorable... We are happy you enjoyed your stay...

We have considered all your recommendations and be assured we will be making strides to act upon them...

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

It's actually an expansive AI with a main bldg and a side wing. Paid a lot for the side wing room (call hotel directly to get the best rate) But overpriced Room #3 had an amazing sea view and a lovely patio to view it. Huge Room, sparely decorated but had everything you need with cold a/c as well as a ceiling fan. Cable TV with more Italian channels than Jamaican but some good US movie channels. Room pretty clean and bed very comfy. (An update is probably out of the question.) Food was good, drinks flowed, service is mostly excellent cause staff work hard. Everyone I met was super friendly! Beach is beautiful, so are pool and grounds. Art work is amazing! Nightly entertainment was FUN!!! Loved the small mento band that played in afternoon. See Sedrick "The Entertainer" for all your transportation needs. He's dependable, good and fair. This place was COMPLETELY safe even for a woman traveling solo... everything irie and no problem!!! I recommend it !

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank SistahTraveler

Hi SistahTraveler,

Thank you for your review.. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.. We hope to see you again SOON..

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Hands down my favourite vacation yet! I loved it so much. The food was great, I’m a vegetarian and was pleased to see there was plenty to choose from. The rooms were basic, yet nice and clean with a beautiful view of the turquoise water. The staff were amazing. A couple of them that stood out to me were Marshall at the pool bar. He really knows his job well. He had such a great attitude, was hard working and always smiling and laughing with people. I could go to the bar and he would remember my name and what I liked to drink- that’s a good bartender! His service is a 10/10 for sure. Darren and Chris by the gym were also very kind and personable. I was so pleased with the resort and staff that I will be back for Christmas and New Years for 14 days and can’t wait to get back there.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank lovethesaltlife82
ToniAnnW3, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Montego Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear lovethesaltlife82,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your recent stay.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Decameron Montego Beach and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Montego Bay.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We had a great time at the Royal Decameron. Nice and clean accommodations. Very central location! Most staff were polite and kind. My favorite staff and entertainer was Al (dancer). From the very first day he stood out! Amazing attitude! A joie de vivre! I wish him all the best! He's definitely a credit to the establishment.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple