Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Reviews (1 980)
1 980 results
1 007
1 007
All reviews terrace restaurant albert jump cove lobby cove guests lazy river bunk beds pirate ship jerk chicken kerry ann family vacation beachfront room ocean front barefoot grill kids club a la carte restaurants coco cafe bring water shoes
Selected filters
6 - 11 of 1 980 reviews
Reviewed 1 March 2020

So, I read the reviews before coming and I usually take them with a grain of salt. Believe them. The staff cleaning the cups on the beach were great.

They were out of washcloths just about every night. They banged on the doors every night at 9:45 -10pm, looking to exchange pool towels.

The food was just ok. We did enjoy the asian restaurant, but service is beyond slow. The coffee shop is a nice touch. I thought the rum tasted like kerosene. The design of the family pool area is poor and the resort is just in need of an update.

There was 2 separate passwords for WIFI and lots of dead areas.

I would look for other resorts. This is not a 4 hotel.

1  Thank 66rebekahs
econcierge_susmb, Manager at Oasis at Sunset, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your important comments with us! We are committed to our guests’ complete satisfaction and are truly sorry we could not leave this impression on you during your recent stay at our property. Please note that we do take your feedback very seriously and our management team is diligently following up. We sincerely are thankful for your review and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2020

We spent 4 delightful days at Sunscape Cove, our first time there. It is very clean, nice people, beautiful beach, good food! The rooms are quite nice, beds comfortable, if you have beach front it is perfect (garden views not so much!) The music around the resort is awful, though, more to the liking of youth not mature adults. I wanted something more Caribbean, not rap. The staff are all outstanding!!

Room tip: Beach front, if in the cove. NOT garden view.
Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
econcierge_susmb, Manager at Oasis at Sunset, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

We would like to thank you for choosing Sunscape Resorts and Spa Montego Bay Jamaica as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time out to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We will be looking forward towards your return to your home away from home.

Reviewed 19 February 2020

Looking forward to returning to the Cove. Always a great time. Nice property, good beach and friendly, helpful staff. They are continually willing to help and do it with a smile.
Just a few people we would like to shout out to from last year and looking forward to seeing you all again.
Chris Ann-front desk
Lemuel at the bar for keeping my wife's glass full
Frank-lounge piano-so entertaining
Vinroy and Archibald- Bell
Rachel-housekeeping
Thereena-beach bar
Denise and Joy- Hostesses
Ramon-chef
Carol, Letita, Jhonalle, and Jameel wait staff
Thank you all for such wonderful memories of Jamaica and the cove

Date of stay: January 2020
econcierge_susmb, Manager at Oasis at Sunset, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share such an enthusiastic review about your recent visit to Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. We are happy to read that you've enjoyed your stay.

Please be confident that we’ve shared your kind comments with our team as motivation to keep up with our commitment to offer truly remarkable experiences to our guests. We thank you on behalf of our team and Management.

We sincerely hope we can have the honor of being your hosts again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 February 2020 via mobile

This place was entirely a letdown from start to finish. This was our first family vacation together to an all inclusive and to be clear I did my research before deciding on this location. I looked at the photos, reviews and having found it on WestJet, Air Air Canada among other travel sites, I thought hmmm, should be ok right?! WRONG! I booked a family room (king size bed with bunk bed for the kids) and the first room they gave us was TERRIBLE. It was dark, moldy, and the bathroom was so tiny as well as dirty we were immediately turned off. The bunk beds did not have sheets or pillows, the bathroom had no towels and there was dirt/sand in the tub and on the floor. Oh and the bunks beds which looked like something out of a prison, were 100% metal, completely rusted but covered up with colorful paint to make them look better...I feared for my children sleeping there! The next day we were offered a new room which was an improvement but still, it wasn't until day three that a cleaner happened to notice we didn't have a crib in our room and offered us one (huge oversight by front desk staff as we didn't even think to ask for one having been so tired/frustrated). This place is advertised as a 4 star and was not even close to that in service. The food was mediocre at best and I am not a picky eater. On one day I was told "no" 4 times before midday...why you ask? Well I went to get towels at 8am when the beach towel booth opened, was 4th in line and was told they only had 16 clean towels! Then I went to the bar to be told they had no blender to make the drink I requested, went to the second bar to be told they had no bananas for the same drink I requested at the first bar. The kitchen was a short walk away and I was tempted to grab a banana myself but then thought WTH, I'm on vacation and should not have to do that! Then I went to get my kids ice cream right after lunch only to be told that they didn't have any as the machine was not working. Over the first 3 days we struck out 3 out of 4 times when trying to get ice cream!

Now, I know they cannot control the weather but the beach was TERRIBLE! The water was soupy brown with seaweed, jellyfish and all sorts of other things washing up on shore. You could barely walk in the water as the so called "white powdery sand beach", as advertised was full of sharp, pointy rocks followed by a suddden, steep drop off into huge patches of seaweed. My kids were terrified and didn't want to venture out into the water as they couldn't see anything and it was painful and scary to try and navigate the treacherous shore. They did a good job of cleaning the beach every day but then just left piles of garbage all over the place. On day 4 they dug a huge hole on the beach where they buried all the "garbage' but then left the hole open for two days, using beach chairs as a makeshift barricade around the eyesore of a hole!

The staff were 50/50, some were amazing while others were downright rude. If you dared to ask a question, or question them they often blew you off or promised to do something only to never follow through. We had to seek out towels for our room, make sure our mini bar was restocked, and often attend the front desk to make sure we got what we asked for.

The water park which was a major selling point for us, having two young kids was in major disrepair. The sprinklers, waterfall feature, pirate ship, and one pool were either broken or falling apart. They had a sign up saying lifeguards would be in duty from 9 am but no one was present until 10 ever! Even when present, there was often one guy on duty for a huge area which is impossible consider the amount of space to cover, children and people present. I had to pull a lady out of the water myself after she collided with another guest on the water slide and hurt her ankle. Do not trust the photos you see online as they are either old or photoshopped.

I had the pleasure of speaking to several returning guests and they all said basically the same thing...this place "used to be great but had gone downhill". Save your $ avoid this place

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank jamaicanheat

Reviewed 17 February 2020

The Cove Terrace restaurant was a great. Lovely setting, good atmosphere for dining, good food. The staff and wait staff were terrific. The resort property itself was in need of updating, physical condition of our room was not the best. It was clean, however only had 3 outlets, needed for the lamps. More attention needed to amenities, towels were not always in the rooms when the room was done for the day. Several days I needed to call down to have one to use for my shower. The pools are nice, but altho the hotel requested people not reserve lounge chairs for over 30 minutes without actually using them. books and personal items were left on chairs for 3-5 hours without anyone using the chair. Many folks had no chairs to use (myself included) They need "Pool attendant" to correct this abuse or get more lounge chairs.

Room tip: Sun Cove side is quieter and more amenities available than sister side sunsplash
2  Thank Marguerite C
econcierge_susmb, Manager at Oasis at Sunset, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your important feedback with us!

We are convinced that it is only through carefully listening to our guests’ comments that we are able to improve our day to day operations and provide our guests with the service they truly deserve.

Thank you for sharing your review and we truly hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.