Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (1 980)
1 980 results
1 007
1 007
All reviews terrace restaurant albert jump cove lobby cove guests lazy river bunk beds pirate ship jerk chicken kerry ann family vacation beachfront room ocean front barefoot grill kids club a la carte restaurants coco cafe bring water shoes
Selected filters
71 - 76 of 1 980 reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2019 via mobile

Great vacation!!! Martin, Toni Ann, Kadine and Tasheka in the entertainment crew were awesome!! They made my daughters week! Cyril was outstanding we can’t say enough about him for making our vacation so much fun!! Carlisha our butler was nothing but awesome. Jameel our waiter made our dinners perfect! We will definitely be back!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
econcierge_susmb, Manager at Oasis at Sunset, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2019

We would like to thank you for choosing Sunscape Resorts and Spa Montego Bay Jamaica as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time out to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We will be looking forward towards your return to your home away from home.

Reviewed 8 November 2019

My Family (2 adults and 2 kids 4 & 7) stayed at the Suncape Cove for 7 nights October 30-November 6.

We had a great time. The check-in was smooth. we didn't wait in a line we got to sit at couch and have a drink and cool towel while we completed the paper work required.

Our room 3213 (2 doubles) was an oceanview suite and we had decent view of the sea from our balcony. We were given the choice to upgrade to Beachfront for and additional cost but we declined. Our room was located in the furthest block of rooms from the splash amenities so we had walk quiet a bit which we did not mind as the walk was quite peaceful. It was a renovated room and it was clean and comfortable.

The Cove side of the resort is quiet. Minus the tree frogs at night which I found annoying but of course its not the hotels fault.

Beach
This beach/shoreline is full of little rocks and pebbles. I would recommend bringing some water shoes. Also bring a mask and snorkel because there is lots of sea life to see.
The Beach is not White Powdery Sand and blue water. The water is clear and clean but not the dream beach we see in commercials.

The hotel does cover lots of waterfront so the beach is long and has plenty of space to sit and relax.

The pools and entertainment staff were great. Sometimes they wouldn't start games until they had enough participants so they worked hard to recruit. They did a great job at remembering guest names.

My kids never wanted to get leave. The pools opened by 9am and the water-park opened at 10. I recommend bringing your own flotation device if you wish to used the lazy river. They only seemed to have 4 or so tubes and they were mostly always in use.

All pools seemed to be 2-3ft at their shallowest.

There is an adults only pool with a swim up bar. I did not spend much time here as I have kids. However on Saturdays they have a foam party and the entertainment/games are strictly for adults and they ask that any kids that can see in the lobby to leave and make there way to pools on the other side of the facility. The party sounded like a great time.

Pool Zumba is so entertaining to watch and the people that joined in seemed to be having a good time.

Over Halloween they had a trick or treating and the staff really enjoyed scaring the kids, the kids mostly toddlers were not so appreciative of the efforts. The screaming kids only seemed to make the entertainment staff get spookier.

My kids enjoyed the kids club. Parents are not allowed into the building and must sign kids outside. But if you wanted to go in they had a tour in the morning before the club opened.

The first few days were were there we had no issue getting towels but the last few days it got busy and by 10am towels became hard to get. They either do not have enough or people do not return them at night to be laundered. Since this hotel does not have a sign in system for the towels people just leave the towels to reserve spaces they seem to have no intention of using. I recommend bringing your own towels.

The washrooms here were always clean - wet from wet bathers using it- but so clean i saw many people go in without shoes on.

We loved the Cove restaurants for Lunch and Dinner. Nice alternative to the Buffet.
The buffet was ok nothing special. Rice and peas were great, steamed white rice and sometimes the pasta for kids was hard. I was not a fan of the burgers offered at the Grill during the day. The Grill only had hamburgers, fries, nachos and hotdogs offered as an alternative to the lunch buffet.

I would loved it if there was more things like oxtail or curry goat. They had stewed meat options but not oxtail.

If you are a vegetarian/vegan there seemed to be some options but not many. Also people did not seemed to be too concerned with what serving utensils went with what food. This is no fault of the hotel just inconsiderate people. I would recommend hitting the buffet when it just opens to try and ensure no cross with a meat product.

It would be great if the hotel put the meat options all together seperate from non meat options in buffet.

There was a 24hr cafe that had pastries and coffee. I missed having a place that served fries and other junk late at night as I have had at other resorts.

Downside- a couple times my oldest noticed things in the pool and when she would tell the staff they did not seem overly interested in checking. one time there was a patch of stuff, I don't know what it was the guy came and checked and said the pool needed to be skimmed but he never did it, I guess it wasn't his job or his job to find someone to clean up whatever was floating.

Also there is not eating at the pools. People of course do so anyways but my issue is people bringing glass wear onto the pool deck and it breaking.

Nightly entertainment- the Concord Band is decent and there was cultural show that was good. Not many people seemed to attend the show as I have seen at other resorts. I am not sure if its because its not mentioned thought out the day by the entertainment staff but the week I was there people didn't seem to be interested.

There was night bar area 10-2. I'm guessing it was a little night club but I never went.

Also they have nightly free shuttles to Margaritaville.

Bars/Servers
There no waitress serving you here at the beach or pool. You will need to get up and get your own drinks. Blessing or curse you decide. I did see someone come by once that the beach but that is.

I did find out there is a beach bar that opened near the end of my stay. I seemed to have come during off season so not all bars and restaurants (including buffet) were open all the time. They did provide a daily activity sheet in our room to tell us what would be open.

We did the Vacation Club meeting and we were taken to Secrets for breakfast. That resort looked amazing. For our troubles we were given $100 to be used with a tour group. Which is alot because most tours seemed to be $100USD per person.

Overall my family enjoyed this resort. Its is great for families on a budget just looking for the basics and a fun pool for the kids.

We were given hotel credits to be used at the spa for massages but we didn't use them. If you are buying items in the store or in spa this hotel will charge to your room as the have a no cash policy. I do think you can pay by credit card if you wish to pay right away.

If you are looking for upscale then this place is not for you. We stayed at the Royalton White Sands a few years ago and comparing the 2 is like apples and oranges.

Room tip: Rooms on the outer side of the hotel will hear tree frogs from dusk till dawn. We had room 3213. Cove rooms are newly renovated.

Reviewed 8 November 2019 via mobile

We arrived and were dissatisfied with the standard of the room so paid to upgrade to am ocean front room at the cove rather than splash side. View is gorgeous and direct access onto the beach.
Today my kids were really excited to join in the football advertised at 3.30pm, waiting all day (as both love football) got out the pool early to get changed into their football kits but the entertainment staff had disappeared and the kids were upset and very disappointed. Not to worry they knew there was a fire show that night which they had seen clips of on YouTube and so were excited to see that, we sat waiting as it was due to start at 9pm but at 9pm they said the fire show was cancelled, I now had 2 disappointed children again in one day and my son was in tears. Shameful as there was nothing we could do.
The staff in the buffet restaurant were very miserable and we tried to avoid it at all cost, luckily included in the upgrade was the use of the cove terrace restaurant which was excellent and the staff were fantastic along with the food.
The beach is lovely and always sun loungers round the pools but there are improvements needed to make this better than a 3 Star rating, no hair dryer in the room, no shampoo or shower gel???? Very odd.
Overall good value for money but so much more needs doing to make it a 4 star resort.

2  Thank craigs270501
econcierge_susmb, Manager at Oasis at Sunset, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your important feedback with us!

We are convinced that it is only through carefully listening to our guests’ comments that we are able to improve our day to day operations and provide our guests with the service they truly deserve.

Thank you for sharing your review and we truly hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2019

Me, my wife, 5 year old son, and 1 year old daughter just returned from an 8 day vacation. We stayed at the Cove three years ago and had a great time. Booked for there again and was excited for the trip. Both times we booked on the Splash side orginally and upgraded at front desk to oceanfront on the Cove side. End of day we maxed out our enjoyment of the place, and got a refund for last three nights. Went and finished trip at Beaches Ocho Rios and it was greatest decision ever.

Pros- Most of the staff is very passionate about their jobs and people. Tshean (entertainment crew), Muta (DaMora waiter), and Sharmain (daycare) are outstanding employees that we consider friends.

Montego Bay Snorkeling is one of a kind!!!!!! The coral reef right outside of hotel is amazing. Ocho Rios did not touch our trip.

Cons- Price. While three years ago (my first all inclusive) I thought $500 was a great price to upgrade to oceanside for a week. This year they charged $1200 for same upgrade and the place was dead. Along with that babysitting price went up to $20 an hour. When you are traveling with a one year old and factor this in, you are better off staying at a beaches.

Food- The selection has gone downhill in last three years. This has been confirmed through the employees I have chatted with also. Expect little seafood and lots of pasta. While we were there during the slow time I understand, two days and you are over the food selection.

Drinks- The locals and employees laugh about the "no alcohol-alcohol" served at all inclusives. While this is not just at Sunscape, bottom line you will drink all day and not get drunk. Again when we checked into Beaches, after two drinks I was feeling buzzed which didn't happen all day at the Cove.

Over the top service- The service was good but not great. Not to be snotty but we were staying in one of the most expensive rooms. Little things like not being allowed to pick a table to eat away from others so our baby would not disturb them. We were told no and sit with the others.

Overall it is not a horrible place, but if I would have known about price jump I would not stay there. We paid the same amount for our last three nights at Beaches and the two do not compare.

Room tip: For a quieter time with no elevator stay on the Cove side.
Date of stay: October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your important comments with us!

We are committed to our guests’ complete satisfaction and are truly sorry we could not leave this impression on you during your recent stay at our property. Please note that we do take your feedback very seriously and our management team is diligently following up.

We sincerely are thankful for your review and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

Spent a week here with my wife and 17 month old baby. I must say the staff there was amazing and very friendly. I was disappointed however with the food. Needed a lot more options with the menu as well as more authentic Jamaican food. They had the same exact menus at the restaurants everyday for the entire week. I was expecting the jerk chicken cart coming around with real jerk instead of oven cooked jerk chicken. The room service menu was not even close to acceptable.
Other than the food though the entertainment was great and the hotel in general was ok. Would I stay there again? Depends on if there were some changes made!!!