15 people are viewing this hotel
1 473
1 362
1 473
1 362
All reviews jerk hut barefoot bar adult pool man made island seabreeze restaurant vip lounge nachos stayed in building italian restaurant grilled cheese kids club main restaurant hot dogs tennis courts main pool a la carte restaurants rose hall
Selected filters
22 - 27 of 3 863 reviews
Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

My fiancé and I enjoyed our recent extended weekend get-a-way at this resort. The landscaping outside, ocean view, and food were the best! We also enjoyed the food! Delicious! The musicians at dinner were great. We especially liked the steel drum band and performers. This is a good resort that offers good value for what you spend. The staff was very cordial to us and we enjoyed our mini vacation. I would recommend some minor upgrades on property to receive a 5 star review. We felt safe at this property during pandemic and on site COVID testing is available on property which was required to travel back to the U.S.

3  Thank 183tamara
Reviewed 24 February 2021

everyone tells you no you have to get things for yourselves. management very disrespectful and unattentive. one shining light was desreen and shevron otherwise thumbs down
staffs tells you no they cant get food from the jerk hut for you. very limited drink options at the bars, limited activities and aweful restaurant manager (female in orange)

1  Thank GAZATHUG
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2021

Hello GAZATHUG,

Thanks for sharing feedback. It is great to hear from one of our guests. Ensuring that our hotels are always clean, our service is friendly, and everything works. This is what we want you to have. Sad to say, that we missed the mark in our area of service. I am sorry for the letdown. Your review was made known to the team, and I'm confident improvements will be made to deliver complete guest satisfaction. Comments such as yours are valuable and relayed to the team to help point out areas needing additional attention.

In line with this, do know that I sent a private messagel to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned in your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 February 2021

We (Safi and Fariaa) had an unforgettable honeymoon at the Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay during the midst of a global pandemic.

There was no shuttle from the airport, so we took the standard $30 USD taxi. We got to the hotel within 10-15 minutes. We had our temperatures checked, hands sanitized, and then contactless check-in.

We enjoyed the activities around the grounds, like kayaking, swimming, and lounging on the little make-shift island. They had all sorts of social activities, like karaoke night, contests, games, and even a trivia contest we won.

The food was delicious. We enjoyed the breakfast and lunch buffets. For dinner, we skipped the dinner buffets and opted for the 'by reservation only' a la carte dinners. We had Italian one night, Jamaican, Seafood, and on New Year's eve, they had a special New Year's eve gala buffet dinner for everyone.

In between meals, we thoroughly enjoyed the hut that served burgers, fish, and fries all day from 11am to 1am. The cumin scented salt fish was to die for. We had it multiple times every day.

To prevent the spread of any potential viruses, the hotel staff would serve the buffet. We could see the hotel staff thoroughly wiping down all chairs and tables after each meal and changing table covers. We felt like they took very strong measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We felt safe at all times as guests were required to wear masks in all public places.

The staff was super friendly and ensured we were well taken care of. Best of all, they did not bug us for tips at all. Which made giving them tips feel even more appreciative. They staff got to know us and would make our special strawberry smoothie for breakfast without us even asking by the third day.

The shop on the resort was a one stop shop for us, as we got all our souvenirs right here, for even cheaper than the price at the airport.

And the bed was so soft, it would put us to sleep within minutes. The bathroom was a little outdated. But we spent most of our time in the resort.

We highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for a fun filled all inclusive in Jamaica.

Room tip: Pool view or ocean view, can't go wrong.
Date of stay: January 2021
17  Thank SafiFariaa
Reviewed 8 February 2021 via mobile

Well this is not my first time staying here at Holiday Inn. This may be time number 10 or so (not sure). Sooooo let's start, the food is average. What I cam say is over the years, I thought it have gotta better (speaking of the buffet only) but it hasn't. It's not horrible but definitely could be better. Jamaica has GREAT food and they should have MORE traditional dishes. Stop catering to one group of people (I will leave it there). We visit Jamaica because of it's rich history, culture and beauty (well that's why I visit). The people are amazing too!

The resort itself is ok. Not horrible... EVERY time I visited the property, nothing seemed to have changed, expected the name....Holiday Inn Sunspree to just Holiday Inn Resort. The resort doesn't need million dollar renovations. Simple cosmetic things to change the look and update things.

Well I day, take a chance. You don't have to spend thousands to have a great vacation in Jamaica!

***We are here during Covid-19 and they are making sure things are CLEAN. WE DEFINITELY FEEL SAFE!

1  Thank Shontay T
Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Stayed mid January 2021 with my wife and another couple. This is our 7th visit to this resort. I use my IHG points from business travel and stay there every January. Firstly the hotel is taking excellent precautions against COVID-19. Lots of antibacterial hand gel, mask wearing in the main parts of the hotel (same as any other hotel in the US) and the main restaurant (that is technically a buffet style restaurant) has the staff serve you to prevent contamination. The staff won’t refill your glass and make sure you have a clean fresh glass every time to help prevent the spread. The hotel was much quieter than I’m used to seeing in January (less than 20% occupancy) there were no Europeans and only a couple of Canadians due to COVID-19 restrictions on flights. The majority were local Jamaicans on vacation which was fine by me - we had a blast!! Several of the main restaurants were closed - likely because of the occupancy numbers but they did alternate the menus from these restaurants so you could still experience the food. Same with the bars. The main lobby bar, the main pool bar and (on weekends) the adults pool bar was open. No issue with lines or waiting to get served. Most importantly the Jerk chicken bar was open . I would vacation there again in a heart beat despite the COVID-19 crisis and I would encourage people to go.

Date of stay: January 2021