Reviews (7 764)
4 990
1 737
4 990
1 737
All reviews wild orchid preferred club piano bar jerk chicken cart room service world cafe our honeymoon barracuda bar secrets resort billy love el patio french restaurant welcome home st james privacy light wraps barefoot grill
337 - 342 of 7 764 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This place was amazing, all the staff were friendly, welcoming and very helpful.
They have the most amazing chefs and the bartenders are even better.
We would do it all over again.
Perfect place for a couples get away.

Stayed: June 2018
4  Thank nacienariley0113494
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Words cannot describe how amazing our vacation was at Secrets Wild Orchid!
we was welcomed into the resort with unbeatable hospitality.

The food was so amazing at all restaurants, offering various choices of food.
Service was second to none, the staff would go over and beyond to ensure the dining experience was 100%. We absolutely loved the jerk chicken cart to the fresh mouth watering coconuts!!

what made our vacation the best highlight was the pool bar staff.... ahi ahi captain the one and only Ewart and super funny Alvin. We never have tasted such great cocktails to super amazing hospitality! These loving guys truly rocked the resort.

Entertainment was super fun, ranging from pool activities to Foam parties, something for everyone!!

The resort was so beautiful with a breathtaking beach....crystal clear!!

We have traveled to many different Secrets Resorts across the Caribbean, overall our best and no 1 Resort is Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay!!!

Sukh & Indy ( London)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sukhir B
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Went there expecting a resort! This property is more a hotel- that being said we had a blast! Upon check in a young man at the front desk Kevoy Faulknor rearranged things for me to make sure I had a wonderful stay! I have a severe food allergy and was having a reaction. I went to my room and he continued to check on me throughout the trip- even offering to contact. Doctors if needed. This young man went ABOVE expectations !!! My favorite restaurant was the Asian! I am just going to post some pictures so you can see below!! The beach was good - Patrick checked in on us daily to see if we had needs - the snorkeling was fun - and we had access to two other hotels . See pictures—

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Diana6756
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I can't believe how nice it was for what we paid. It was under $2,000 a piece including hotel, flight, airport transportation, food & drinks. We upgraded to a ocean view for $300 (for the entire week). The hotel was gorgeous and clean. They re-stock your room bar with water, beer or wine everyday, for no extra charge. In addition, you can get (excellent) coffee, snacks and ice cream at the snack bar 24 hours. There are no extra charges. They don't nickel and dime you for everything. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They make you feel at home and even welcome you "home" to Jamaica. We enjoyed getting to know everyone from the other guests, to the wait staff, to the drivers and bartenders. The food was very good too. Our favorite was "Oceana" which served seafood and steak items. The Salmon was excellent and we liked the Jamaican "FishTea" soup. The Italian restaurant was our least favorite, Oceana was the best and then the French restaurant. We did not try the Japanese restaurant. Breakfast was amazing, as well. They served eggs made to order, french toast, smoothies, everything under the sun. The pool was amazing and has a swim-up bar with a plethora of drinks from beer to banana daiquiris to rum & coke. It's surrounded with comfortable lounge chairs and many had umbrellas. You can also lay out on the beach in lounge chairs or under umbrellas. Every detail from towels to umbrellas to entertainment (pool games, dance lessons etc) are included. It was a great mix of ages from young couples to middle age and older. It was also the perfect mix of party and relaxation. You can party all night, if you'd like, but it's mostly a daytime party at the pool. They hosted a fun beach party one night, but it ended around 11 pm. Thankfully, the rooms and pool are quiet at night. You can also do day trips off the resort. We did a bike tour, a Segway tour and a car trip (with driver) to see the town. All trips were fun, short trips with excellent/informative guides. You pay extra, but it was affordable. I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the best
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I last visited this property with my late husband 7 years ago. My boyfriend and I visited in June 2018 for one week. To my surprise and delight, Clive, our favorite server, was still serving at the breakfast and lunch buffet. Absolutely the best server I have ever encountered, so it was terrific to see him again. Secrets should place him in charge as either head waiter or trainer-he is that good. And some of the newer wait staff definitely need his example.
Other people who were great are: Denai (butler) who did everything possible to make our stay delightful, Matthew in the W O preferred club who never let us pass him without acknowledging us by name with a friendly exuberance, Ingrid serving in the French restaurant who I decided must have been trained by Clive, O’Neil K. at the piano bar whoremembered our drinks the minute we walked in, and Captain at he swim-up bar who made our dayscalling us Mr & Mrs Walker since we drink Johnny Walker scotch. I must also mention the fabulous pianist at the piano bar who entertained us every evening before dinner.
Restaurants:
The lunch buffet offered steamed clams and mussels which we thoroughly appreciated daily. Our favorite restaurant was the French. The food was superb and it was air conditioned. The other restaurants were just mediocre in our opinion. Nothing wrong; just not anything special. Breakfast buffet was also rather standard, with omelets made to order and lots of wonderful fruit. One item that did stand out for me were the poached eggs which were available to create luscious eggs Benedict’s with English muffins and hollandaise sauce
Entertainment:
If only the disco with dancing started earlier!!!!! I love to dance, but, not being in my youth or even middle age any longer, 10:30 was just entirely too late for me. Actually, if there were anything that would prevent my returning to this resort, it would be this issue. Why couldn’t dancing begin at 8:00 as it did in Breathless Punta Cana in the main entertainment area?
Room:
We chose the Preferred Club, which I feel is well worth the price for the room with the swim-out pool. We were in room 1101, which was very secluded and allowed us to use our pool and view the entertainment au natural in the nighttime after dinner in total privacy. (It helped that our neighbors were from Amsterdam and were ok with that since we checked with them in advance). We were still very discreet, but it was nice not to worry about self-righteous, complaining neighbors.
Hope this review helps anyone trying to decide on the resort. If you have any additional ????, please don’t hesitate to ask

Room Tip: Swim out pool room in preferred club is a great choice
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple