19 people are viewing this hotel
5 262
1 824
5 262
1 824
All reviews preferred club piano bar wild orchid jerk chicken cart room service marlin bar world cafe secrets resort seaside grill french restaurant our honeymoon el patio hibachi grill preferred area turn down service welcome home ocean view
Selected filters
147 - 152 of 8 341 reviews
Reviewed 9 June 2021

I was looking to get away after taking care of people for the last year. From the moment we arrived everything was taken care of...Champagne welcome, room service and a beautiful view with a jacuzzi tub on the balcony overlooking the ocean. A special shout out to Chris aka "Mr Bags" Brown. Not only did he help get us situated in the room, he arranged a cab for a drive around town and the mountains. He was VERY helpful! Pools were beautiful, restaurants and food were great. I enjoyed a massage while I was there. Michael McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services made every arrangement; helping to narrow down which resort would suit us best, guided us through everything we'd need for traveling during Covid, suggestions for travel insurance, tours and Club Mobay. We couldn't have asked for an easier trip!

7  Thank Kathleen B
Alisteer Nelson, Sales at Secrets St. James Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Dear Kathleen B,

Thank you so much for choosing Secrets St. James as your holiday destination and for sharing your feedback with us.

We always endeavor to create memorable experiences for our guests and are thrilled to hear that the resort has achieved that for you.

It was a pleasure hosting you and we eagerly look forward to welcoming you home again.

Reviewed 8 June 2021 via mobile

Candidly, I chose this hotel randomly after a decent bit of on-line searching. I feel like I hit the jackpot. My concern was that I was only going for a 4 day trip and wanted to stay in Montego Bay. I didn’t want a hour plus drive to another city. The staff was exceptional. The resort was only about a third to half full because of COVID-19 restrictions. I thought that the staff were serious about health protocols and cleaning. I did not witness any activity that would concern me about health and safety. Every restaurant and every staff member were sincere in their following all protocols.

I tried to get as many names as I could, but generally the service was above average. Chris Brown (who will never let you down!) grabbed my bags when we arrived at the welcome desk. He escorted us over to Chemona, who not only checked us in, but checked in with me daily to ensure that that I was having a good time. It felt like her level of engagement was perfect. She was not overbearing or pushy. It was clear that she was just a nice person and was seemingly very interested if she could help. Our interaction never felt like she was just doing her job. Her demeanor each day was truly to check in as we walked by to see if we needed anything.

Almost every day was spent at the beach and Omar and Jermaine were great. Omar was the only bartender at our preferred bar and while he definitely was busy, his level of service was always high. He proactively stopped by with our favorite drinks and water to ensure that we were hydrated. Omar was truly engaging and we enjoyed the jokes and his perspective. Jermaine was truly a grill master and served us the best lunch. We didn’t eat with Jermaine every day, but that was much more of a function that we enjoyed the jerk chicken cart, that we followed around like he was the pied piper.

Overall the resort was nice with a lot of amenities. We enjoyed the water sports, we kayaked multiple days, sometimes a couple of times a day. My buddy and I also enjoyed our ping-pong tournament, that was followed by rounds of Connect Four and cornhole.

I enjoyed the restaurants and the food. Because the hotel was not full there was a rotation of restaurants, which were perfectly okay with me. I know that some other reviewers did not like it. My least favorite was the Italian. My favorite was the restaurant at the top of Breathless. Their salmon was my favorite meal and I had it a coupe of times.

Before we got back we recommended the hotel to a group of friends, who traveled there a week ago. They loved it.

I would not hesitate to book this hotel now for a return trip in the next few weeks. Again, my choice of this hotel was random and based solely on internet searches, but I could not have had a better experience. Thank you for a great time. I can only hope our paths cross again in the very near future.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Great quiet location, there are three properties on one location so if you upgrade to the preferred rooms you have access to all three which is very nice. The preferred rooms are quiet including the pool area whereas the other pools offer more active and swim up bar. The property is clean and we liked the Wild Orchid property best. The breathless property has a great rooftop bar and dining area and a infinity pool with nice views. All the staff are friendly and hospitable. Due to Covid some limitations on dining (rotate restaurants each night) and the spa has limited services available. You can still do authorized tours and they are organized right at the front desk by AMSTAR.

Date of stay: June 2021
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Dear Kenasa,

Thank you for choosing Secrets St. James for your haven of relaxation and for sharing your feedback with us.

The resort truly appreciates your kind comments about the staff, food, and overall amenities at the property. Secrets St. James will certainly ensure that these are well maintained and constantly improved.

It was a pleasure hosting you and we eagerly look forward to welcoming you home soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2021

Not a lot to say am from New York where it really busy this trip was business, but the hotel is great , food is good, breathless rooftop restaurant is wow, workers are wonderful, butlers Darwin and Andre two of the best, Lisa frontdesk she is nice, Antoinette at lobby she is nice..I will be back.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank max m
Alisteer Nelson, Sales at Secrets St. James Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed 31 May 2021

I had an amazing time at Secrets St. James!! The entire staff was very professional and welcoming. Annique was amazing!! She helped me out so much and was super sweet at the front desk. I will be back asap! :)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Alisteer Nelson, Sales at Secrets St. James Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Dear Valued Guests:

We will also share your comments internally with Annique.

Kind Regards,