All reviews sister hotel montego beach all rooms are ocean view hip strip pool bar no dressers mr lee refilling water runnaway bay entertainment team la carte restaurant large walk in shower free safe lots of pillows a la cart planes coming beach is lovely
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I want to go back! Wonderful and relaxing. Entire resort & rooms were very clean. If you want to kick back and chilll, this is the place for you! Ability to share amenities with sister resort were a real plus.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
4  Thank BHM1
guestservicecwb, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Cornwall Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to read that you enjoyed your vacation with us and we hope to see you soon!
One love.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

There are many things that are right about this property. They include excellent housekeeping (thank you Garcia), very good food, beautiful beach and some great staff. Some of the staff members are very friendly and welcoming. But there are many employees, in particular serving in the restaurants, who act like the only thing they hate more than their job, is the guests. While some are kind and happy, there are many who are rude and miserable.
I would suggest that the management secret shop their restaurants.
There are too many options to go back to a place where a guest risks being treated badly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
11  Thank lfriedman5605
guestservicecwb, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Cornwall Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We also appreciate that you have highlighted this experience as this will assist in our efforts to make daily improvements to our services. We invite you to stay with us once again for us to recreate a better experience.
One love.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

+++
Excellent value for money, nice rooms, comfortable beds, clean, 1 mile from airport, market across the street, on the hip strip.
Local and international food
What else ?!

- - -
Animation could be better.
Nice for people that want to relax, not ideal for families
Drinks are ok

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aicha M

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing the Royal Decameron Cornwall Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Spent two weeks at this hotel and we weren't disappointed.we were in room 1518 and it was cleaned every day, clean towels and beautiful clean bedding, our fridge was filled every day, beer, coke and water. The entertainment was so funny throughout the day, thanks Swifter,Razor,Tavis and Stacey for keeping us occupied,if you didn't want to do it they were understanding and would let you relax. The best team ever(give them a pay rise boss)Romaine and stacy in bar were always happy and nothing was to much trouble for them. I would like to say I have never seen such a dedicated pool cleaner in my time Petroy Grant (mark), he has so much passion for the job, also Stephen the pool life-guard,because he told the children not to run around some parents were rude to him and told him,why can't our children have fun, No,,,he's there for a reason,he's doing his job, hes looking out for the safety of everyone so get over it.Use the free facilities on the beach. We only went out of the hotel and we felt uneasy so buy some trinkets from the locals (in between the two hotels) I had a good conversation with my friend, RASTA MAN, The only criticism i have about the hotel is it would be nice to have a kettle, tea and coffee in rooms, pool open a little later also the coffee lounge open a little later. I will definitely be back as it's the best holiday I've had. congratulations to all. A big thank you to tui and the staff in caerphilly you never fail us with you recommendations. 1 love ❤ Debbie and Woof x

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debb13p

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your vacation with us! We invite you to stay with us once again for an even better experience. Thank you for choosing the Royal Decameron Cornwall Beach Hotel and we hope to see you soon.
One love

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I visited in June. The venue was not crowded which worked out perfectly!

Check In
I was a little annoyed at their check in process. I'm not sure if it was just the associate at the front desk or if their process just needs to be updated. I forgot to print out my reservation confirmation, but was able to pull up the confirmation screenshot on my phone with the reservation number and that was not acceptable.

Room
Fridge is stocked with Red Stripe, coke and water
The room was clean and I did not have an issue with dust.

Amenities
Several pools (some regular, one with volleyball net and bar)
Hot tub
Spa Section
Beach
Buffet
2 Restaurants (reservation required)

Entertainment
There are so many activities going on throughout the day. In addition, the nightly entertainment is fantastic. The team really works hard!

Some dishes are hit or miss depending on the day however, you can always find something to eat. There is always a pasta station,fruit, salad. I like their Jamaican staples more. Make sure to try them! Some of the dishes taste pretty authentic.

Security
The resort is gated and security is always on the beach 24/7.

In sum, I left the resort several times for excursions but you definitely could have stayed on the resort the entire time and had a great time.

Shoutout to all of the friendly wait staff and security that kept the resort safe! Also all of the people on vacation were just as friendly! I had a great time!

If you are leaving the resort visit the nearby attractions:
Usain Bolts restaurant - track and records - make a right outside of the hotel and walk one block straight destination is on your right.

Doctors Cave - smaller beach 8 minute walk
Margaritaville - 10 minute walk or take a taxi
Pier 1 - another nightlife venue

Room Tip: Higher floors with ocean view, venture out
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank romij647

Hello,
Thank you for choosing the Royal Decameron Cornwall Beach Hotel.
Hope to see you soon!