“Surprisingly Good!”

Ranked #46 of 236 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Wine Bar serving own imported boutique wines. Wine tastings and appreciation sessions. We also serve fresh own ingredient menu items specializing in mediterranean style foods.
Reviewed 1 December 2017

This was recommended by a friend of mine and I was not disappointed! The food is EXCELLENT. We had the meze platter and added a few dishes including smoked marlin (which was delicious). They have a great selection of wine too and the service is excellent. It really is a hidden gem - you could almost forget you were in Jamaica! I would absolutely eat here again and will be recommending to any of my friends visiting Jamaica too!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch today and started with a black olive tapenade that tasted like it was from a bistro in Marseille. Fresh, authentic, and served with pita bread. We followed with a walnut and pesto pasta that was fine. And the wine was good: a Croatian red (I think it was a cab sav). Total was $4800 or U.S.$36. Restaurant is cosy and in a fairly safe location in a busy shopping center.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I have been a great fan of this place in the past - and enjoyed the food, the wines and the ambience.
My latest visit left me feeling not so excited about it. Certainly the wine list is not as great as it was - though we did taste a good Croatian PInot Noir at the end of the evening which was very good. ( pity we didn't order that with dinner instead of the recommended French chateau blend). Good was the same menu as all my previous visits - nothing too wrong with it but I guess we wanted something else for a change.
I think Ossie needs to forward up the place and have an injection of "fresh".

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Went to the Wine Shop for the first time last week and was pleasantly surprised that all types of food is served there. From meza to pizzas to pastas and other meals, the menu is quite varied. There is seating inside and out and is a small cozy place to have a meal. I had the pizza and it was delicious. I would recommend visiting the Wine Shop, as when you are there you feel like you are at some place in Mediterranean.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

This is currently my favourite lunch spot. And I'm working my way through their tight, thoughtful menu one item at a time.

Love the mix-and-match meze options. The soups have been great... particularly the pumpkin and ginger. The grilled snapper with escovitch sauce is one of my new favourite things. I literally fantasise about it. The pita pizzas are good as well. They have an imaginative two-course lunch combo for under US$12 that switches up every week. I'm also hooked on their super fresh mojitos. I've heard good things from my dining partners about their pasta though I haven't gotten around to trying any of them myself.

It's a tiny spot with adequate parking, good service and GREAT food. I've seen comments about the "limited" menu but I think it's really well conceived and executed. Better to do a few things well than have a lot of mediocre options!!!

1  Thank cjmTrinidad