“Great food but watch out for that tricky waiter”
Review of Fromage Brasserie

Fromage Brasserie
Ranked #101 of 225 Restaurants in Kingston
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The meals were great. From the appetizers to the main entrees. Excellent service, we didn't wait very long for the meals. I certainly plan to go back in the near future.

What left me a bit upset is that the credit card machine had 4 options for tips 1 thru 4 but the waiter insisted that number 1, the manual tip option was not available. Well guess who tried it and it was very much working. Now the bill already had a gratuity payment and the bill was well over J$20,000 so I felt that 15% was a bit much for my pocket. I did tip more than 10% but I'm just a bit annoyed that he tried to trick me.

Great place and great atmosphere. I'm sure they will continue to do very well

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We ordered our food and drinks and 25 minutes later got our drink with the information that our entree salad (the quinoa) was unavailable. We made another choice and it came out missing the key ingredient. Management seemed uninterested. We also had calamari which was more breading than calamari. We won’t go back. The server was nice but management should have offered to do something.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

A Friday lunchtime and it was very quiet. The brie was a splendid started and my crab-cakes were excellent as was my wife's meal. Service was friendly and the waiting time was reasonable. However it failed to get five stars because
1. A couple of people came into the eating area carrying boxed lunches bought elsewhere.
2. Despite a clear sign about dress code a young lady clearly breached.
3. The smoking of e-cigarettes was unpleasant
4. We assume that there is a USA that there is new way if charging for service There was a 10% service charge but the waitress asked about her service charge. She explained that the 10% was for the kitchen staff and we should add her charge as extra. We must be naive to think that service charge meant service charge.
Despite these moans it was a good meal in a pleasant surroundings

fromageg, Public Relations Manager at Fromage Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Good day, We do apologize for these inconveniences caused whilst you were dining at our restaurant and this has been passed on to our management team immediately to be addressed. However, we are glad to hear you enjoyed our food and service. :)
If possible, could you email us your contact details to fromagemarket@gmail.com so our management team can contact you?

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

It was my first visit to this restaurant and I made the decision because it was highly recommended by a friend. We were warmly greeted as we approached the door and were asked whether we wanted to dine inside or outside. We choose to dine on the inside and we were not disappointed. The interior of the restaurant is very modern and has ample space for group dining.

The menu had extensive options and there was even a separate pizza menu. I am a vegetarian, so I quickly perused the menu looking for options. Since we had limited time for lunch, we only had entrees and I settled on the “roasted vegetables with quinoa” salad. My other two colleagues had steak with mash potatoes and fettuccini with shrimp.

We didn’t indulge in the variety of drink options - we went with regular pineapple and cranberry juices. Of note, we found that the sizes of the glasses differed depending on the beverage we chose (pineapple juice was served in a larger glass than the cranberry juice).

Our waitress seemed very shy and didn’t engage us much while we were there. It would have helped if she was a little more assertive and pleasant. She did only what was needed to get the job done - nothing to “wow”.

Overall, we found the place to be quite nice, the food was good and the location also ideal. I will be visiting again real soon to try out some of their other options.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Everything on their menu is just so good, but the pizzas are excellent along with the pastas. We checked out their new weekend breakfast/brunch offerings, the steak & eggs is a win!

1  Thank Top5Jamaica