“A must Overtime I Land In JAmaica”
Review of Island Grill

Island Grill
Ranked #10 of 224 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 7 May 2018

they have upgraded their menu and added steamed vegetables as a substitute for rice wow if i didn't like them before I'm in love with them now the food is fresh tasty and not greasy i was at the Manor park location and i have to say service was great and the chicken tastes as it does at any other location and the festivals are great. always a stop on my trip.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I normally get the rice and peas with curry chicken. When they say small size, they actually mean regular size, per the menu and large is large. In terms of rice, they offer rice and peas or pumpkin rice. Occasionally, they offer steamed fish, which I have also tried. It comes wrapped in a foil which is very tasty. I have also tried their jerk chicken which is served in a colorful island grill red and white box, which I do not care for much. However, I have visited several Island Grill locations in Jamaica, since I know they serve a consistent good quality of food. In Kingston, I tend to visit Island Grill on Constant Spring Road , not too far from Half Way Tree, but I have also visited Island Grill locations in the departure lounge of Sangster airport in Mobay as well as other Island Grill location, by downtown Montego Bay, across from the Bay West Shopping Center. One hint to customers who like some spice to their food, this restaurant normally has "grace hot pepper sauce" hidden behind the counters. Thus, IF you need the pepper sauce, you have to ask the person, who is giving you your food ( after your number has been called) , specifically for the pepper sauce (hidden behind the counters). Also, as a Medic, I can categorically state , the huge 32 ounce cups of Limeade and other Sodas promoted at this restaurant has too much "Sugar and calories" and do promote obesity in Jamaica (which I have stated over and over again to patients at Medical Associates in New Kingston). I know this, because I have tried these sodas myself and most times, have to throw out two thirds of the soda to replace it with ice to reduce the sugar content and extreme sweetness. This is the only liability I notice with this restaurant, other than that, the food is excellent.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I love the food from island grill but to be honest it's the fries that get me every time. If I come home and I don't get island grill fries it's almost as if something is missing.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

So I went to Island Grill by the Portmore Pines plaza this week and I will say, I regretted my decision to go there and regretted my decision to stay there instead of cancelling my order.
I placed an order for the Jerk Burger only to end up standing in there waiting for about a half an hour. Maybe I was too patient, maybe I was just annoyed but I do know I was fuming. After standing and waiting and hearing many other numbers that came after mine being called before mine, I decided to start asking what happened to my order, have they skipped it, have they forgotten me. I was looked at for a brief moment and then everybody went on serving others as if it was business as usual and nothing was wrong.
A few minutes passed and I again queried what was the hold up with my order, it was at that point that one kf the young women decided to investigate its status for me.... By this I time I was incensed but still allowed her to check and after much back and forth and deliberation my order started being prepared. I was so irritated I just wanted to cancel but by then it was ready so I took it, told the young lady I knew I wouldnt have enjoyed it. And as fate would have it, I did not. The fries were soggy and the burger was sloppily put together.
After a number of incorrect orders and items left off my list I swore to never go back and still went. After this experience though, I have officially written off island grill.
The customer service is poor, the menu is lacklustre and the quality of the food has fallen of tremendously.

My last island grill visit was terrible and I will NOT allow myself to go back though that again for the food I want to enjoy eating.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Great food! Great prices ! Good variety on the menu and at least is semi healthy ! Although the festival is fattening but soooo good