“Fabulous eggs Benedict!”

Ranked #8 of 76 Restaurants in St. George's
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: BREAKFAST / BRUNCH / LUNCH / DESSERTS / COFFEE / BAR French Cafe - fresh baked, home-made using locally grown products to create a delicious menu: Croissants; Fresh Fruit Salad; Banana Bread; Granola+Yogurt; Croque Madam; French Toast; Pancakes; Eggs Benedict; Crepes; Quiches; Eggs en Cocotte (regular breakfast) - sauteed potatoes+choice of bacon, ham+toast served with our home-made jams; Omlette; Provision Hash+Poached Eggs; Callaloo Quiche; Fresh Tuna Nicoise Salad; Baguette+Brie+Preserves; Salad; Guava Stew+Brie Crepe; Banana Caramel Crepe; House made Grenada Chocolate Ice Cream; Vanilla Ice Cream; Carrot Cake; Grenada Chocolate Cake. Choice of Cappuccino, Wine, Cocktails, Rum Punch, Mimosa; Bloody Mary; Smoothies, Milkshakes; Iced Tea; Iced Coffee; Iced Cappuccino or Fresh Local Juice. Gluten Free + Vegetarian Menu available. LE PAPILLION CAFE - "WE GETTING FRESH WITH YOU!" - WE ARE OPEN FROM 7:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. (CLOSED MONDAY + TUESDAY + PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Owner Is Very Welcoming and Warm, Staff Attentive And The Eggs Benedict Are Worth The Wait. It's only offered Thursdays and Sundays as a special. Open Wednesday to Sunday until 2 pm

1  Thank galtravellers

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I can’t say enough wonderful things about Le Papillion Cafe. The owners are so wonderful, inviting, accommodating, and grateful for your business (this is a rarity on the island). The food is good, but the staff is better! I usually get eggs, breakfast potatoes (the seasoning was a bit heavy for me, so now I ask for it without the seasoning), bacon, “orange juice” (I say it in quotations because I’m from FL and island orange juice is not real orange juice in my opinion, it’s an acquired taste), cinnamon roll. There’s so many choices, anyone with any preferences will find something they like! Also, check out their Facebook and you can see pictures the owner takes of her customers, it really is very sweet and endearing. Don’t miss this best kept secret when you’re visiting the island. It can be hard to find if you aren’t familiar with Grand Anse, so just ask around!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Peaceflly set by a swimming pool and a lush green surround...

Had a superb breakfast. The gracious owner takes personal care of every table, ensuring every guest gets it here: this place is beyond being French on an island...

Fresh squeezes blended with exquisite skill are a must for that exotic Carib kick!

A worthy mention is anything coming out of their aromatic bakery .... Yum !

-Ismail.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We were staying at the Siesta and this place was always packed so we thought it must be very good! We knew it was quite on the pricey side but thought as a treat on our last day we would give it a try. I'm afraid to say I was very underwhelmed - the food was very overpriced and quite mediocre - for 2 drinks, a very tiny omelette and toast and eggs and bacon it cost around £27! I can get the same thing in our local cafe in UK for about £12 and also a much larger and nicer portion! Neither of the waiting staff seemed particularly friendly or attentive and i'm afraid I left feeling somewhat short changed! It is a lovely location to have breakfast but I kind of think that is more to do with the Siesta looking after their garden so well. I guess the place must be doing something right as it is always very busy but I would be interested to know how many of them were repeat customers!

1  Thank LauraW11
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The restaurant is open Wednesday through Sunday from 7AM-2PM. The staff is very attentive and accommodating. The perfect place to start your day on Grenada!