“Private Tour of Grenada”
Review of Sunsation Tours

Sunsation Tours
Ranked #2 of 44 Tours in St. George's
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer island tours, shore excursions for cruise ships, off-island trips, information and advice; we put you in touch with providers of services we do not supply ourselves, i.e day tours to the Grenadines, sailing, snorkelling, golf, diving, "adventure jeeping" ...
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We hired Sunsation Tours for a private tour because they had great reviews and the price was awesome. Glen promptly picked us up at Sandals LaSource (so yes, you can hire another company even though Sandals doesn't book them.) We didn't have too much on the agenda so he stopped at Fort Frederick first for some history and great views of St George's. We had told Glen we were on a different tour earlier in the week, so when we left he asked which way we went before, so he could go a different way through town. I found that so very thoughtful! On the way to our first destination, Glen reached out and grabbed a leaf from a lime tree-smelled absolutely incredible!! Driving through town he stopped a little stand to buy some fresh roasted corn, and he gave us these little fruits called "skinup" to try and we loved them!! We went to Grand Etang to fulfill my dream of seeing monkeys (the reason why we went to Grenada!) Because it was a private tour, we spent as much time as we wanted there. I saw my monkeys!!!! We were there off season, so not much was going on at the preserve. My husband had the forethought to bring bananas along luckily. Glen came down and checked on us after we had been gone a while enjoying watching the beautiful Mona Monkeys. If this had been a "scheduled tour", we wouldn't have had enough time. I'm so glad my husband booked this. He had been emailing the company the week we were there and they always responded promptly. Glen was friendly, a great driver and the van was very clean. Would definitely recommend Sunsation Tours and hire them again. Thank you Glen!

CousinJo, Owner at Sunsation Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
I show it to Glen. His face lit up with the biggest smile ever!!!
We hope to welcome you on any one of our tours again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arranged a private day tour. Glen our driver met us at our resort. He's a great driver and took us to the places we wanted to see plus areas he recommends. What a great tour. There prices are great too. I would highly recommend using sunsation tours!!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Went on the island tour with this company in a mini bus with 6 others. Very informative driver, who incidentally drove very safely on some very steep, winding and narrow roads. Visited a nutmeg processing factory, the Concord falls, a traditional rum distillery with a tasting session and the Belmont estate for an excellent lunch. Views of the Grand Etang lake were restricted by a heavy mist following a downpour. Around 7 hours and well worth doing.

1  Thank PKH624
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We chose Sunsation for two reasons. One was because they had one of the best ratings on TripAdvisor and two because they were they only tour operator to promptly reply to our email questions regarding their rates and availability for a private tour. The others did not reply until about a day or two from our departure date to Grenada.

Their rate was $25 US dollars per hour for a minimum of 4 hours. We spent the day (8 hours) touring beautiful Grenada for a total of $200 US and did not regret one moment of it. Our driver/guide was a wonderful and knowledgeable person whose name escapes me and for which I am profoundly sorry for not remembering. Our tour was on June 2, 2017.

While staying at our resort, we met a lady from the UK who asked if we had toured Grenada and we immediately recommended Sunsation Tours without hesitation.

1  Thank Barfly60
Reviewed 22 June 2017

This is top of our 'to do' list every year and it never fails to reach our expectations.

We were picked up from our hotel, driven to the quay and shown to the catamaran.
There began the day of great food, outstanding Captain and crew and of course plenty of liquid refreshments.
Rum punch is not obligatory but I always feel it is rude to say no.....
We had choppy seas, rain, sunshine and calm waters, making it an absolute first class trip.
Will never tire of this wonderful tour.